CANCELLED, PLEASE LOCK

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

CANCELLED, PLEASE LOCK

Postby Mosaic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:49 pm

THIS IS CANCELLED.
Last edited by Mosaic on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:14 am, edited 14 times in total.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:36 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:don't use lunadll or lunalua
I thought you loved lunalua :cry:

I'll still be a judge though.
Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby Mosaic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

HenryRichard wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:don't use lunadll or lunalua
I thought you loved lunalua :cry:

I'll still be a judge though.
I do love lunalua, its because people who know how to use it to it's fullest extent would have an unfair advantage.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:52 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:I do love lunalua, its because people who know how to use it to it's fullest extent would have an unfair advantage.
People who understand level design to the fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

People who understand custom bosses to their fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

People who understand using graphics to their fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

Yet those are still allowed.
Jesus is my savior.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8426
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby Enjl » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:52 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote: I do love lunalua, its because people who know how to use it to it's fullest extent would have an unfair advantage.
Only if the judges are terrible.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby Mosaic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:26 pm

HenryRichard wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:I do love lunalua, its because people who know how to use it to it's fullest extent would have an unfair advantage.
People who understand level design to the fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

People who understand custom bosses to their fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

People who understand using graphics to their fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

Yet those are still allowed.
It's because lunalua requires coding, not everyone knows how to do that.

Are you seriously getting mad at me for not allowing lunalua and then when CC11 didn't allow it no one raises
an eyebrow?
Last edited by Mosaic on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8426
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby Enjl » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:28 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:
HenryRichard wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:I do love lunalua, its because people who know how to use it to it's fullest extent would have an unfair advantage.
People who understand level design to the fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

People who understand custom bosses to their fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

People who understand using graphics to their fullest extent have an unfair advantage.

Yet those are still allowed.
It's because lunalua requires coding, not everyone knows how to do that.

Are you seriously getting mad at me for not allowing lunalua and then when CC11 didn't allow it no one raises
an eyebrow?
Lua became popular just recently. Back in summer, practically noone in this community even used it.

On your point regarding scripting and whatnot: It's the same thing as being able to make your own custom graphics. It's equally as difficult to learn, and is also only a way to fine-tune your level design. And since a good number of people use lua nowadays, it makes sense for a contest to have either both, or neither.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby Mosaic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:32 pm

@Enji:Your actually right, i think i'll allow lunalua but it won't be a major part of your score.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm
Current Project: none
Chat Username: hmmm I wonder

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby LordYoshi999 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:14 pm

honestly all I can say is within this image:




Image



AND IF YOU DON'T WANNA LOOK AT THE DANG IMAGE FINE - I'M IN AS A JUDGE
Spoiler: show
sorry nothing to see here

User avatar
litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby litchh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:59 am

How about finish first one before?

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby Mosaic » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:11 pm

litchh wrote:How about finish first one before?
I already said it's because Suckerman7 GM still hasn't sent his last review.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
TheSaturnyoshi
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2

Postby TheSaturnyoshi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:51 pm

I'll join!
Expect lots of lunalua, I wanna try out some new stuff. :)
Who even uses siignatures these days?

MrPancakeGuy__
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2(NEEDS Contestants!)

Postby MrPancakeGuy__ » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Count me in, I've got nothing better to do. :D
Spoiler: show
Image *As of 9.12.2015
Also what does this mean?

Don't upload your level before the deadline of the contest

...

Make sure to send your level before the deadline

:?:

-MrPancakeGuy
Last edited by MrPancakeGuy__ on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 pm
Flair: bruh
Current Project: ok
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2(NEEDS Contestants!)

Postby Saltlord » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:12 pm

I haven't upload a level yet, what could possibly go wrong?

Image

Image


mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:14 am
Current Project: stuff in rpg maker and arc 1 of mario videos

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2(NEEDS Contestants!)

Postby mariofan 64 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:59 am

I guess it's safe to say that I am (re)joining this contest because rollback to the 12th, and me wanting to join was only a few days ago. Is that ok?
I has youtube now...with some activity :D

Projects: Infinite Mario Bros. For PGE (On the PGE Website, of course) (temp hiatus for other projects, see second link in spoiler for details)
----------RPG games, not related to Mario at all :/
----------A ???? game made in Gamemaker.

Completed: Schedules, Plans, Pages, And Other Things

Processing...Processing...Completed. See message below:
Spoiler: show
Mario Infinity: Quest to Stabilize the World (WIP)
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=568
FACEBOOKS:
https://www.facebook.com/EBTKSPaddy
MAI PATREON:
https://www.patreon.com/ebtkspaddy
MAH FRIEND'S YOUTUBES WHERE ME AND MAH FRIEND'S ARE AT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRoSEH ... rVJdozjwUA

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2(NEEDS Contestants!)

Postby Mosaic » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:07 am

mariofan 64 wrote:I guess it's safe to say that I am (re)joining this contest because rollback to the 12th, and me wanting to join was only a few days ago. Is that ok?
Of course!

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
KingBowser24
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:31 pm
Flair: Master Procrastinator
Current Project: Tamara's Quest: Remastered Edition
Chat Username: EvilKingBowser

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2(NEEDS Contestants!)

Postby KingBowser24 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Sounds fun, count me in :D

User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: Subcon Level Contest #2(Deadline pushed to January 25!)

Postby Mosaic » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Deadline pushed because we have no entries yet and its going to be here in 5 days.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image


User avatar
Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic
Contact:

Re: CANCELLED, PLEASE LOCK

Postby Mosaic » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:18 am

Subcon Level Contest 2 is cancelled for several reasons:

1. No entries and the original deadline is almost here
2. Lack of interest
3. The thread about unofficial contests needing approval and this contest is a disaster anyway
4. I'm planning something else possibly.

I apologize to everyone who already started working on a level, but this contest is canceled and i would like this to be locked.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Image

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
Image



Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests