Your controversial SMBX opinion

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby arcade999 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:09 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:Too many new and veteran designers, when designing the boss for a level, just take an existing boss and replace the graphic with something else. A perfect example of this is the Meta Knight battle in h2643's CC 11 Submission "Ocean with Orange Oceans". He literally just posted Meta Knight's graphic over SMB3 Bowser, Galaxia projectiles over SMB3 Bowser projectiles, and increased the speed of the projectiles. That boss was just a standard SMB3 Bowser battle. There are so many levels that do this, it's starting to get old and boring, really fast.
You dont need to agree or care about what i think, but there is no other ways (outside of hardcoded lunalua and lunaddl épisodes) to make custom bosses.But i understand it could be annoying.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:12 pm

There so is and there are a lot that do that. Layers and event can be used really nicely to make multi-phase bosses out of different NPCs

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby arcade999 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Everyones would probably wants to kill me or burn me alive after saying this, but...I REALY REALY REALY HATE UDERTALE! This game is for some reason, totaly overrated, engendering tons of annoying fan communauties, crappy MS.paint youtube videos and and disgusting sexy fanarts!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm
Chat Username: m1v1x10n

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Mivixion » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:25 pm

arcade999 wrote:Everyones would probably wants to kill me or burn me alive after saying this, but...I REALY REALY REALY HATE UDERTALE! This game is for some reason, totaly overrated, engendering tons of annoying fan communauties, crappy MS.paint youtube videos and and disgusting sexy fanarts!
That had nothing to do with SMBX but ok

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:27 pm

How is that a controversial SMBX opinion? And tbh I don't think a controversial opinion should be trashing a game and making inappropriate generalizations

User avatar
perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby perhaps » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Mivixion wrote:
arcade999 wrote:Everyones would probably wants to kill me or burn me alive after saying this, but...I REALY REALY REALY HATE UDERTALE! This game is for some reason, totaly overrated, engendering tons of annoying fan communauties, crappy MS.paint youtube videos and and disgusting sexy fanarts!
That had nothing to do with SMBX but ok
goshdangit mivixion, i report it and then as soon as i get done BOOM you show up. either you got here before me or you're really good at looking at reports
anyway i think PGE is overrated because soon as you say you use the legacy editor everyone comes and tells you that pge is superior.

edit: SOON AS I GET DONE PIXELPEST ALSO SHOWS UP man you guys are good at your jobs.
you should get a raise ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

post not found
been thingken about makin a few levels again

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:34 pm

I like money. It'd be nice to be paid more than $0/hr for lurking around a mario fanbase. Must pay for wi-fi!

Well anyway, what's wrong with that? It makes sense for people to say that since to make use of 2.0's new features you have to use PGE. Plus it has undo and redo

User avatar
perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby perhaps » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:37 pm

PixelPest wrote:I like money. It'd be nice to be paid more than $0/hr for lurking around a mario fanbase. Must pay for wi-fi!

Well anyway, what's wrong with that? It makes sense for people to say that since to make use of 2.0's new features you have to use PGE. Plus it has undo and redo
okay but what if
like
i enjoy using the old editor over pge because i dislike pge's layout
no offense wohlstand you're hella chill
been thingken about makin a few levels again

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Then you're lame I mean, missing out. There's also SMBX-like GUI and furthermore I found it got easier after I became used to it and just gave myself some time to adjust. Although it's different, I find it to be much more user-friendly than the Legacy Editor

Mr10crossing
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Mr10crossing » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:43 pm

PixelPest wrote:Then you're lame I mean, missing out. There's also SMBX-like GUI and furthermore I found it got easier after I became used to it and just gave myself some time to adjust. Although it's different, I find it to be much more user-friendly than the Legacy Editor
I agree. At first, I was completely confused on what every button does in the PGE editor. After using it for some time I found myself making levels easier and quicker. Sure, it has its bugs, but which editor doesn't?

User avatar
Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Mr10crossing wrote:Sure, it has its bugs
Don't forget, if you know bugs in PGE Editor, report them me or on PGE Forums, or in my thread here, or by any other possible way. Unlike SMBX Editor, it's maintaining and updating ;-)
P.S. Engine is WIP/Alpha, so, use it to test levels to test PGE Engine itself, or use it to test world maps. You still can use SMBX Integration pack to use legacy engine for the level tests.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 am

arcade999 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Too many new and veteran designers, when designing the boss for a level, just take an existing boss and replace the graphic with something else. A perfect example of this is the Meta Knight battle in h2643's CC 11 Submission "Ocean with Orange Oceans". He literally just posted Meta Knight's graphic over SMB3 Bowser, Galaxia projectiles over SMB3 Bowser projectiles, and increased the speed of the projectiles. That boss was just a standard SMB3 Bowser battle. There are so many levels that do this, it's starting to get old and boring, really fast.
You dont need to agree or care about what i think, but there is no other ways (outside of hardcoded lunalua and lunaddl épisodes) to make custom bosses.But i understand it could be annoying.
Like PixelPest said, yes you can. But you don't even need Events and Layers. Just use NPC flags (Another thing in SMBX that's seriously underutilized). An excellent example of this is my CC8 level "Concrete Forest" 's boss, Concrete Boom Boom. I had no events and layers and I still managed to make it feel very distinct from a regular SMB3 Bowser boss fight. Another stellar example is Chad/Rvbnut91's boss from his SMB: Collaboration level, Sawblade Stronghold (If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTi0hbhRow . The bossfight begins at around 5:15.) That doesn't even use any NPC flags. It just takes advantage of a mechanic few people know about.
A Goat wrote:anyway i think PGE is overrated because soon as you say you use the legacy editor everyone comes and tells you that pge is superior. like
i enjoy using the old editor over pge because i dislike pge's layout
no offense wohlstand you're hella chill
Brother! I thought I was the only one! May Ultimate Rinka bless your account!
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 am
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby snoruntpyro » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:02 am

mariogeek2 wrote: Brother! I thought I was the only one! May Ultimate Rinka bless your account!
ultimate rinka supports pge
Spoiler: show
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5824
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Dumbass SMBX users making projects & episodes based off very shitty games listed below:
  • Transformers: Convoy no Nazo (Mystery of Convoy) (Famicom)
  • Silver Surfer (NES)
  • Dr. Jekell & Mr. Hyde (NES)
  • Any of the LJN made games! :o
Image
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby underFlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:18 pm

That's not really an opinion? I mean nobody does that from what I've seen and you didn't state your stance on it so???
im a girl yo

Sux
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:43 pm
Current Project: Nova Era

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Sux » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Sad to say that SMBX is dead

Image


User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Sux wrote:Sad to say that SMBX is dead
No it's not!
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1957
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 am
Flair: I've defeated humor

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Sancles-Chan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Sux wrote:Sad to say that SMBX is dead
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
Image
I go by She/Her for everyone.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8520
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Enjl » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Sux wrote:Sad to say that SMBX is dead
Brother! I thought I was the only one! May Ultimate Rinka bless your account!
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6343
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby Cedur » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:42 pm

hi Sux, hope you're in business again
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests