Your controversial SMBX opinion

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
HackPlayer7
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Your controversial SMBX opinion

Postby HackPlayer7 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:ere's something truly Controversial, & everyone would want my head on a dirty stick
  • He can climb up walls, like in the 2-D Ninja Gaiden games
  • The freaking Windmill Shuriken will be the most broken weapon in SMBX history, only if the 2.0 staff decided to add Ryu in beta 4
Even if they would add Ryu, I doubt they would add his abilities.
Some project I'm working onto.
Spoiler: show

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 am

I mean if you want something to be added to basegame, you need to have a solid reason why. That's very clear-cut, no controversy necessary.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 am

I don't even think Ryu honestly fits with SMBX and even a costume is unlikely in SMBX2 imo and a playable like almost no chance

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???

Postby Super Luigi! » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:29 am

You are free to create whatever type of level you want. and someone else will still appreciate it.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Here's a opinion that's not CONTROVERSIAL, but it really bothers me:

the fucking spam bots are ruining everything I love about SMBX. And if that doesn't stop asap, I'll just leave!*

*Trust me, y'all be depressed without me around...
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:34 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Here's a opinion that's not CONTROVERSIAL, but it really bothers me:

the fucking spam bots are ruining everything I love about SMBX. And if that doesn't stop asap, I'll just leave!*

I don't think spam bots ruin the community. Not really much point leaving the community because of them. While it is true they are annoying, saying they are ruining everything and warrant one to leave an entire community is a controversial opinion and over-exagerating your points. They will probably stop soon anyway.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:37 pm

this is 100% a lie, neither will you really leave, nor would you be missed
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

crazybenjamin
Spiny
Spiny

Postby crazybenjamin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 pm

PixelPest wrote:I don't even think Ryu honestly fits with SMBX and even a costume is unlikely in SMBX2 imo and a playable like almost no chance
I feel like Ryu could work as an Uncle Broadsword costume.
Now playing the Mario Challenge!

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:34 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Here's a opinion that's not CONTROVERSIAL, but it really bothers me:

Spambots are pretty much unavoidable (They're on pretty much every forum, and there's really no way to stop them since they'll almost always find workarounds), you just have to deal with them. Also, you're definetly overreacting here tbh. All they really do is make a few spam posts that sometimes contain malicious links (Which you can simply avoid), not sure where the "they ruin everything I love about SMBX" part comes from.
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:*Trust me, y'all be depressed without me around...
Also, I'd recommend not making assumptions like these.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:48 am

tbh I wouldn't leave. Spambots are minor annoyances and the staff deals with them ASAP anyways. Although I have noticed that some of the posts contain stuff that I don't even think that are legal.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 am

why are you posting if you think it's not controversial

but because it actually is controversial, I think it still fits

do these bots actually affect how you play smbx the game? lol
don't be so certain
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:15 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
don't be so certain
Isn't this the controversial opinion...?

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Eclipsed » Fri May 22, 2020 2:05 pm

I feel like princess cliche should be removed from basegame.
The main reason for this is that I feel like that this episode would actually deter newcomers from joining the community.
- The level design isn't all that great in princess cliche and is rather lackluster
- It doesn't do it's job of showcasing new elements of the engine as well as Invasion 2 does, it's basically a watered down version of Invasion 2
- It's frustrating for newcomers who only find out they have 9 stars at the end and have no idea where to go.
- The boss fight is one of the worst 20 boss fights of all time in SMBX

In fact, this episode is so bad that I have seen multiple instances of people immediately leaving smbx upon a first impression
- Case 1: A stream viewer named 0lhi sent his friend SMBX and after playing The Princess Cliche, they did not want to play SMBX ever again
- Case 2: On the smbx discord, some person was raging at the final boss and then permanently left the community.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Fri May 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Gotta agree with Princess Cliche's final boss being trash, SMB3 Bowser + Homing Paratroopas don't work.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

SuperMarioGrava
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: I'm a stereotypical Ness player.

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Fri May 22, 2020 3:01 pm

Why do people want these crossover characters to be added to a MARIO game? Anyways, I REALLY hate SMB3 Bowser. About The Princess Cliche, I played it a couple of times but then I got so bored and I decided to download other episodes.
I believe I can buy.

Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Sat May 23, 2020 9:46 am

Smbx isn’t just a Mario Game, it even contains non Mario gfx and Link in it’s standard version.

Also I don’t think Cliche should be removed entirely, sure it doesn’t hold up to today’s community standards and has that chasing koopa throw on Bowser thing.

Sure the levels aren’t great but this was also made back in the earlier years of Smbx.

And honestly if people leave the community because of one single episode they didn’t like that is honestly more of their own problem for not trying other episodes to play.

Just my two cents to this debate.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

My Project:
Projects that have my support:

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat May 23, 2020 10:03 am

That person "leaving the community" was just some person suddenly entering the chat, raging in caps and leaving right after.
Still I don't really find any purpose in Princess Cliche and I have secret hopes for a new "The Invasion X2" default episode that showcases X2's new stuff just like TI2 did for old SMBX.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat May 23, 2020 10:10 am

One plan is to eventually remove all non-essential default episodes and create a database for automatic download through the launcher. While it's true that there are episodes better than cliche, I also think that the episode is still probably in like, the top 10%. The bowser fight is also far from anything truly bad, compared to many other things I've played made by people in this community (especially when it comes to bosses). For mario challenge fodder of low filesize it is pretty much the perfect choice alongside TI2, which is why it's going to continue being included in the download until we implement the previously outlined plan or something to a similar effect.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:04 pm

SuperMarioGrava wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:01 pm
Why do people want these crossover characters to be added to a MARIO game?

Right, why is there Link playable in Mario Maker 2.

Eclipsed wrote: Text

To my understandment, The Princess Cliche is a very short episode, which main aim was to show easy and simple design, from 2009 to this day, it still stands alright. There's 10 levels, which most of them end up with SMB3 stars and also take few minutes to finish them. Some levels like Toad houses take about a minute to collect stars, so I don't get that frustation, even when I, newcomer back then, never found anything frustating in there.

For the boss fight, my only problem is the chasing parakoopas, which make the level very annoying, it would be appretiate to set into normal, or just add a bullet gun like in old version that had existed back in the early years, especially when the episode was designed for casual audience.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat May 23, 2020 11:21 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:05 pm
I feel like princess cliche should be removed from basegame.
The main reason for this is that I feel like that this episode would actually deter newcomers from joining the community.
- The level design isn't all that great in princess cliche and is rather lackluster
- It doesn't do it's job of showcasing new elements of the engine as well as Invasion 2 does, it's basically a watered down version of Invasion 2
- It's frustrating for newcomers who only find out they have 9 stars at the end and have no idea where to go.
- The boss fight is one of the worst 20 boss fights of all time in SMBX

In fact, this episode is so bad that I have seen multiple instances of people immediately leaving smbx upon a first impression
- Case 1: A stream viewer named 0lhi sent his friend SMBX and after playing The Princess Cliche, they did not want to play SMBX ever again
- Case 2: On the smbx discord, some person was raging at the final boss and then permanently left the community.
Where is your list of 20 worst SMBX boss fights?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!