chuckster
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly the socially naive idiot theloaflord
Current Project: smw stuff

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby chuckster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
hacheipe399 wrote:The following picture looks like one taken from the snesmaps site, but this is not the case. It's the map of my SMBX level which currently I'm working on.
It's an HUGE image, so click on it if you want to see it at full detail.
Spoiler: show
This goes to show how much I need to practice with Super Metroid graphics. On a side note, I doubt bottomless pits work in this type of area.
That is true detail at it's finest. That is a beautiful level.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm

The next is a lazier one. It's a city themed level I'm doing (part of the first section)

My project:

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:15 pm

I like how half of that background is from Sonic 1's Star Light Zone. The Bandits and Donkey Kong Arcade vibe are brilliant as well.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:18 pm

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji

Postby chuckster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:54 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
Oh wow! That's so cool! However maybe try changing the background to a more long one so the player isn't looking at blue for the entire time.

hacheipe399
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Be an engineer in 5 years.

Postby hacheipe399 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
hacheipe399 wrote:The following picture looks like one taken from the snesmaps site, but this is not the case. It's the map of my SMBX level which currently I'm working on.
This goes to show how much I need to practice with Super Metroid graphics. On a side note, I doubt bottomless pits work in this type of area.
Those bottomless pits are filled with moving lava.
I'm the spanish translator of the PGE Project. Please use it and give feedback to improve the software!
My LunaLua API:

My currently released GFX work:

I'm Hardcore 2 da bone.
1. for the treble.
2. for the bass

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:11 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Unless he is showing multiple sections at once.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Nepgya
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Nepgya » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am

no

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 am

Electriking wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Unless he is showing multiple sections at once.
Multiple sections at on e or not, if he did not include some type of block (she/he said lava in the previous post) there, then it would not make much sense at all.

ImageImageImage

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am

Lukas wrote:
This is the Super Mario Maker level of my dreams. Thank you very much for sharing this, dear Lukas. I truly appreciate it.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

hacheipe399
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby hacheipe399 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Electriking wrote: Unless he is showing multiple sections at once.
Multiple sections at on e or not, if he did not include some type of block (she/he said lava in the previous post) there, then it would not make much sense at all.
Yeah, they're multiple sections. I exported some of them to image with PGE, then I arranged them together. The place with bottomless pits is a completely separated section. Lava is off-screen there so that's why it doesn't look good in the final picture.

Edit: here is a screenshot of that section alone, with the lava at its highest level.
I'm the spanish translator of the PGE Project. Please use it and give feedback to improve the software!
My LunaLua API:

I'm Hardcore 2 da bone.
1. for the treble.
2. for the bass

goldguy40
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Working on boss arena 1
Chat Username: goldguy40

Look at this!!!

Postby goldguy40 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello i was creating a level using some custom sprites then.I tried to create one for the pipe.When i finished using it looked like this:
Image:
Now i am proud of myself! :D :D :D
I support

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Re: Look at this!!!

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pm

goldguy40 wrote:Hello i was creating a level using some custom sprites then.I tried to create one for the pipe.When i finished using it looked like this:
Image:
Now i am proud of myself! :D :D :D
DO I DETECT 1X1 PIXELS? that's a line I stole from benial lol
Anyway I suggest trying to fit the theme of smb3 while making it but for a first graphic it looks awesome
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 pm

hacheipe399 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Electriking wrote: Unless he is showing multiple sections at once.
Yeah, they're multiple sections. I exported some of them to image with PGE, then I arranged them together. The place with bottomless pits is a completely separated section. Lava is off-screen there so that's why it doesn't look good in the final picture.

Edit: here is a screenshot of that section alone, with the lava at its highest level.
I see. I have been using Enjl's CamLock.lua Api for Metroid styled areas, but I am still trying to figure out how to get spawned NPCs to respawn when the player travels from one room to another. I also wonder if it is possible to make a Map API instead of all of the tedious work it takes to manually code a map via coordinates.

ImageImageImage

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Look at this!!!

Postby chuckster » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:06 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:DO I DETECT 1X1 PIXELS?
1X1 PIXELS DETECTED, INITIATING 1X1 ERADICATING PROCEDURES

More like thot detected am I right fellas no oh ok.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:09 am

Please try to stay constructive, guys.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

hacheipe399
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby hacheipe399 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:36 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I see. I have been using Enjl's CamLock.lua Api for Metroid styled areas, but I am still trying to figure out how to get spawned NPCs to respawn when the player travels from one room to another. I also wonder if it is possible to make a Map API instead of all of the tedious work it takes to manually code a map via coordinates.
I use the function NPC.spawn() within the LunaLua event OnLoadSection#(), which is called every time a player enters a Section. The NPC.spawn() function is very buggy because some enemies suddenly dissapear, or they spawn after you enter a section a second time, but after all it works as desired. You need to set the fifth parameter as true to make them respawn.

Usage:

Code: Select all

NPC.spawn(number npcID, number levelX, number levelY, section#, boolean respawn, boolean centeredOnCoord)
Example on section 3 of my level: (remember that in LunaLua sections are numbered 0-20)

function onLoadSection2()
	--Enemies waiting for you in Section 3.
	if zebeswokeup then
		NPC.spawn(54, -158668, -159026, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -158752, -160480, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -158944, -160064, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -158592, -159872, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -159008, -159456, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -159808, -160320, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -159808, -159584, 2, true)
		NPC.spawn(205, -159328, -159264, 2, true)
	end
end
Note that you need to write the general coords of the level, not of the section.

Sadly, for both spawning NPCs and making cam zones through code you need to enter coordinates manually. With PGE it is really easy because you can place a block or NPC at the location you want and then type the numbers yourself. Also it's the fastest way to do that.
My LunaLua API:

I'm Hardcore 2 da bone.
1. for the treble.
2. for the bass

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 pm

hacheipe399 wrote:
<snip>: show
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I see. I have been using Enjl's CamLock.lua Api for Metroid styled areas, but I am still trying to figure out how to get spawned NPCs to respawn when the player travels from one room to another. I also wonder if it is possible to make a Map API instead of all of the tedious work it takes to manually code a map via coordinates.
I use the function NPC.spawn() within the LunaLua event OnLoadSection#(), which is called every time a player enters a Section. The NPC.spawn() function is very buggy because some enemies suddenly dissapear, or they spawn after you enter a section a second time, but after all it works as desired. You need to set the fifth parameter as true to make them respawn.

Usage:

NPC.spawn(number npcID, number levelX, number levelY, section#, boolean respawn, boolean centeredOnCoord)
Example on section 3 of my level: (remember that in LunaLua sections are numbered 0-20)

if zebeswokeup then
	end
end
Note that you need to write the general coords of the level, not of the section.

Sadly, for both spawning NPCs and making cam zones through code you need to enter coordinates manually. With PGE it is really easy because you can place a block or NPC at the location you want and then type the numbers yourself. Also it's the fastest way to do that.
Is showing a layer with Layer.get("myLayer"):show() not easier to use here, if you put the NPCs in a layer?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:06 pm

hacheipe399 wrote:

Usage:

if zebeswokeup then
	end
end

The code seems to be for different sections and not individual Camera Zones. This will make my Metroid episode easier to deal with once the Samus playable is done, more resources, so yay.You are inspirational. Not sure if this should be in PMs or here since we are technically still talking about your last screenshot.

ImageImageImage

hacheipe399
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby hacheipe399 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:06 pm

The0x539 wrote:Is showing a layer with Layer.get("myLayer"):show() not easier to use here, if you put the NPCs in a layer?
I don't use a layer for NPCs because I only need a single line of code to make a NPC spawn. If I use a layer, I need to place them in the editor and then NPCs would not spawn after I killed them.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: The code seems to be for different sections and not individual Camera Zones. This will make my Metroid episode easier to deal with once the Samus playable is done, more resources, so yay.You are inspirational. Not sure if this should be in PMs or here since we are technically still talking about your last screenshot.
The fourth parameter of the NPC.spawn() indicates the section where the NPC spawns, it has nothing to do with camera zones. I recommend to test it on different LunaLua events like OnStart() to see if it works well. Other recommendation: Beware of the coords you put a NPC! They can glitch through blocks. That happens to me with zoomers mainly.
The problem I'm getting is that I can't make working lifts.
My LunaLua API:

I'm Hardcore 2 da bone.
1. for the treble.
2. for the bass

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”