Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Re: Perfect SMBX Screenshot Thread 10

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:14 pm

CD20Superness wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:
CD20Superness wrote:
I Just Liked The game you know.
But this topic is about level screenshots? So, like those instead?
ok sorry im working on a new game.
For fucks sake, read this.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Mon May 01, 2017 3:55 pm

witchking666 wrote:
CD20Superness wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote: But this topic is about level screenshots? So, like those instead?
ok sorry im working on a new game.
For fucks sake, read this.
No need for that. Just report the post and we'll deal with it.

Deathdmndcrftsmbx
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Super Mario Green Star Snatcher (SMBX 2.0)

Postby Deathdmndcrftsmbx » Thu May 04, 2017 1:12 pm

A screenshot of a level I am making

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm

It looks nice and simple. The only thing I don't quite like are the flowers. They seem a little out of place.
Jesus is my savior.

Deathdmndcrftsmbx
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Super Mario Green Star Snatcher (SMBX 2.0)

Postby Deathdmndcrftsmbx » Thu May 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks, I was considering changing the flowers. I may but I dont know yet . Ill probably finish the level yet(I only have about 25% done as of now)

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun May 07, 2017 5:26 pm

SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sun May 07, 2017 5:30 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Image
Cool, how did you do that in game?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: stay groovy

Postby MrPunchia » Sun May 07, 2017 7:21 pm

MosaicMario wrote:Cool, how did you do that in game?
Probably LunaLUA (because of course ) :D
Proud SMBX'er since 2012. After a year of inactivity and in light of B4's release I am attempting to commit myself partially to SMBX once again.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sun May 07, 2017 7:27 pm

MrPunchia wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:Cool, how did you do that in game?
Probably LunaLUA (because of course ) :D
I know he used lunalua, just what programming?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Postby Sednaiur » Sun May 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Something I just did for an upcomming level of my project. It is still a work in progress, as only the stuff on the screen is done so far.
I was wondering how PSX graphics would look when downgraded to my graphical style. It was actually more difficult to do than I expected it to be. :-/
Everything on here is handdrawn, so some stuff might be not 100% accurate.
Can you guess what game this is from? ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantix » Sun May 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Wow, those 2-D Rayman like graphics look fantastic!
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0
Enjl wrote:it puts a twist on classic 4 step level design which i like to call "2 and a half steps backwards design"

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 pm

It's all blurry and banded. I suggest taking a closer look at the shading of the original sprites:
The ABC of Creation

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:10 am

Sednaiur wrote:
Decent Rayman Graphics by Sednaiur: show
Something I just did for an upcomming level of my project. It is still a work in progress, as only the stuff on the screen is done so far.
I was wondering how PSX graphics would look when downgraded to my graphical style. It was actually more difficult to do than I expected it to be. :-/
Can you guess what game this is from? ^^
So many childhood memories. I can not wait to play the finalized version of this. I would have to agree with Enjl that some of the tiles are blurry. The Blue Orbs are the graphics that look the worst out of everything here to me. I originally wanted to make a level using these type of graphics three years ago, so it is nice to see this. I would hope Picture City graphics would also be done by you in some way.

ImageImageImage

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am

MosaicMario wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:
Stomping GIF: show
Cool, how did you do that in game?
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18292#p271954
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Quantix wrote:Wow, those 2-D Rayman like graphics look fantastic!
Thanks. ^^
So you know that game, eh. But I need to change some stuff on these, even though, that will still take awhile, since the level for it will be in world 8 of my project.
Enjl wrote:It's all blurry...
Then you either need to wear some glasses, or -if you already should wear some- take them off. :-P
Enjl wrote:...and banded.
Yes, that is also a problem that I still need to fix, especially on the slides and the floot. I already got an idea on how to fix this problem, but I will see about it before I utilize these graphics.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:
So many childhood memories. I can not wait to play the finalized version of this. I would have to agree with Enjl that some of the tiles are blurry. The Blue Orbs are the graphics that look the worst out of everything here to me. I originally wanted to make a level using these type of graphics three years ago, so it is nice to see this. I would hope Picture City graphics would also be done by you in some way.
Yes, this was my first attempt, save for the "Tings" (the blue pearls) that are already an older graphic. I made them too small, but I already also made a bigger version almost twice the size, which I can use and improve, if necessary. About Picture City, there is a chance I do that one too, but no promise on that. ;-P
I would like to use this on a giant thwomp, to be honest. Too bad it does not stun the player, as far as I can see it.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon May 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Then you either need to wear some glasses, or -if you already should wear some- take them off. :-P
Or perhaps you need to reduce the amount of transition colours between dominant shades on your sprite. You have a tendency to use many more colours than necessary to achieve what you're trying to portrait, and more often than not it ends up looking like someone applied a blur filter to a decently shaded sprite.
This area in particular could have been drawn by using a bright and dark colour and applying a blur filter to do the rest.
The ABC of Creation

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
I would like to use this on a giant thwomp, to be honest. Too bad it does not stun the player, as far as I can see it.
Umm, looking at the lua code he linked, it does stun the player.

ImageImageImage

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am

Enjl wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:
Or perhaps you need to reduce the amount of transition colours between dominant shades on your sprite. You have a tendency to use many more colours than necessary to achieve what you're trying to portrait, and more often than not it ends up looking like someone applied a blur filter to a decently shaded sprite.
This area in particular could have been drawn by using a bright and dark colour and applying a blur filter to do the rest.
Logically speaking, you're right, but it seems to me like Rayman does exactly what you're disliking.

My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Tue May 09, 2017 6:01 am

FanofSMBX wrote:
Enjl wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: Then you either need to wear some glasses, or -if you already should wear some- take them off. :-P
Logically speaking, you're right, but it seems to me like Rayman does exactly what you're disliking.
Kinda in some places but also not really? Like in the screen I posted above there is banding like this present on the blue tubes, but I think there's a distinct difference between Sednaiur's interpretation and the original sprites. Namely a stronger contrast for the highlight and shadow colours that help lift it off the gradient-y shading and highlight the important colours on the sprite. Also it has a green backlighting but that's only marginally related. Here's another example of what I mean:
The highlights and metallic shade are displayed much better than on Sednaiur's sprites that, in comparison, display a much less polished and reflective material.
The ABC of Creation

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 am

Enjl wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:
Enjl wrote: Or perhaps you need to reduce the amount of transition colours between dominant shades on your sprite. You have a tendency to use many more colours than necessary to achieve what you're trying to portrait, and more often than not it ends up looking like someone applied a blur filter to a decently shaded sprite.
Kinda in some places but also not really? Like in the screen I posted above there is banding like this present on the blue tubes, but I think there's a distinct difference between Sednaiur's interpretation and the original sprites. Namely a stronger contrast for the highlight and shadow colours that help lift it off the gradient-y shading and highlight the important colours on the sprite. Also it has a green backlighting but that's only marginally related. Here's another example of what I mean:
The highlights and metallic shade are displayed much better than on Sednaiur's sprites that, in comparison, display a much less polished and reflective material.
Listen, Enjl-chan ^^

I like to thank you for your opinion, critism and suggestions here. And as I already meant to say with my previous post, I understand your point and already knew about the flaws of my graphics before. I will also take into consideration what others said.

But please, understand one thing. I said the following in my first post: "I was wondering how PSX graphics would look when downgraded to my graphical style."! That was not meant to say that I like to copy it like 1:1 for every possible detail. That would not be possible easily, as Rayman utilizes a 24x24 grid if one so wants. So that is a space of 150% the size that SMBX uses (and other PSX games do use that ratio also).
I looked onto the very same screens you provided here(and exactly two more :-P), for around 6 hours of total time. In that time, I did not just work onto the graphics themselves (and edit them several more times) but also decided what details I change in favor of my style (like not using almost black brightness for any hue provided on the original graphics) what details I may keep or need to drop completely (like the way the top and bottom skins of the drums are attached to the drumbarrel, what to do/not to do at the floot-graphics), aswell as what I can add to make it more custom. ^^
And yes, I know about all the banding and possible blurness. I am not satisfied with it, either, which made me say "Yes, that is also a problem that I still need to fix".

But now to my point:
I am working hard on my stuff, even if it is far from being professional, and most people like it, no matter if they are correct in your eyes, or not. I get rarely the time to come online more than around once every 10th day or so, which is of course not your problem.
But do you really think that I like to get in an argument with you or anyone else in such spare time, just because of such trivial problems like this (and especially in the Invasion 3-thread, for the checkpoint-issue), when we both have obviously better things to do? ^^
If you are really so serious about being so professional in about every detail, then I suggest you to either visit places like "Kickstarter" to host your own real game project, or maybe getting hired by a huge game software company, rather than hanging out with us "unprofessionals" here. I am not trying to force you or anything, as it is always nice to have some other interested and devoted people around here, really. And you sure help the community out with your participation on SMBX 2.0 ^^

But do me, yourself, and also others a favor, please. If you give critism, only do it if you really like to help, and not possibly to release steam. It really looks to me, that this is your main propelling force on here.
Let's be nice and not repeat what you did to me around 20 months ago, okay?

It will get you nothing. :-P

愛している、ビアンカ!

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”