Record your levels!

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
TheTakeAwayGuy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: YouTube Channel is dead due to the lack of finding Episodes to play. - Please PM me some. x'(
Chat Username: TheTakeAwayGuy

Record your levels!

Postby TheTakeAwayGuy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:21 pm

So my Internet mate had this SMBX channel that specialized on the Gameplay of SMBX over on YouTube, but he stopped uploading videos to it. I asked if I could have it if he wasn't going to start again and continue.

Long story short, I've got the channel and have ownership of it! If you guys like to submit any levels of yours, or any other levels made by other people, just post below. - I will also paste below of what I said in my signature:

TheTakeAwayGuy's Signature wrote:Hey! I am a YouTuber that has taken over a channel that specializes on SMBX Gameplay, it used to belong to an Internet mate of mine.
If you have any, ANY levels at all that you want me to play on any fan-continued version of SMBX. (Wohlstand's PGE Editor or SMBX 1.4.2.)
Just send me a quick PM, (or in this thread) with a link to a level of yours, or someone else's with a little bit of information. More about that in the below spoiler:
Spoiler: show
-The type of SMBX Editor that was used to create the level. (Again, Wohlstand's PGE Editor or SMBX 1.4.2)
-Who created the level.
-And maybe the difficulty type. (I may prefer to go in blind, but I still require a screenshot or two of your level, just for preference.
You can also post your levels at this thread. Just keep it to one level per post. (Standard forum rules apply like no double posting!))
Last edited by TheTakeAwayGuy on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hey! I am a YouTuber that has a channel that specializes in SMBX Gameplay, it used to belong to an Internet mate of mine.
If you got any episodes or levels* made with SMBX 2 bMAGLX3 or SMBX 38-A, send them to me via private message and I'll happily do a playthrough of your level. If you send me an episode I'll do a whole let's play series of it from start to finish.

*Playthroughs of single levels don't have commentary.

Latest LP Video (3/06/2019):

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Re: Record your levels!

Postby WerewolfGD » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

TheTakeAwayGuy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: YouTube Channel is dead due to the lack of finding Episodes to play. - Please PM me some. x'(

Postby TheTakeAwayGuy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Camacho wrote:http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=15401
Use lunalua not smbx 1.4.x
Don't tell someone on what to use, if I would like to use SMBX 1.4.2 and Wholstand's PGE without LunaLua then I will. It's such a very rude thing to do thank you.
Hey! I am a YouTuber that has a channel that specializes in SMBX Gameplay, it used to belong to an Internet mate of mine.
If you got any episodes or levels* made with SMBX 2 bMAGLX3 or SMBX 38-A, send them to me via private message and I'll happily do a playthrough of your level. If you send me an episode I'll do a whole let's play series of it from start to finish.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Postby Yoshi021 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:43 pm

Some levels are only playable with LunaLua and some levels are only playable with 1.4. You need to use specific the engine for a specific levels.
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX Episode Project Discord Server

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!

Join the CodeHaus Discord!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:09 pm

TheTakeAwayGuy wrote:
Camacho wrote:http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=15401
Use lunalua not smbx 1.4.x
Don't tell someone on what to use, if I would like to use SMBX 1.4.2 and Wholstand's PGE without LunaLua then I will. It's such a very rude thing to do thank you.
Omg thetakeawayguy im just advice you to not using smbx 1.4 when you play this level ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Postby perhaps » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 pm

TheTakeAwayGuy wrote:-The type of SMBX Editor that was used to create the level. (Again, *Wohlstand's PGE Editor or SMBX 1.4.2)
you could just say standard smbx instead of PGE, since some people use the legacy editor
been thingken about makin a few levels again

TheTakeAwayGuy
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby TheTakeAwayGuy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:39 pm

Yoshi021 wrote:Some levels are only playable with LunaLua and some levels are only playable with 1.4. You need to use specific the engine for a specific levels.
TheTakeAwayGuy wrote:If you have any, ANY levels at all that you want me to play on any fan-continued version of SMBX. (Wholstand's PGE Editor or SMBX 1.4.2.)

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 am

A Goat wrote:
TheTakeAwayGuy wrote:-The type of SMBX Editor that was used to create the level. (Again, *Wohlstand's PGE Editor or SMBX 1.4.2)
you could just say standard smbx instead of PGE, since some people use the legacy editor
Don't confuse engines and file formats: PGE uses SMBX64 format (same as SMBX 1.3), but also supports own modern PGE-X format (files with LVLX/WLDX extensions), and SMBX 1.4.x uses SMBX-38A format of files which doesn't compatible with others.
PGE partially supports this format (but still be experimentally in some cases), so, you have able to convert accidentally converted into SMBX-38A files back into SMBX64 to be able play them in SMBX 1.3 again.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TDK » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:53 am

TheTakeAwayGuy wrote: Don't tell someone on what to use, if I would like to use SMBX 1.4.2 and Wholstand's PGE without LunaLua then I will. It's such a very rude thing to do thank you.
There's probably a good reason why he wants you to use LunaLua.
SMBX 1.4.2 doesn't support LunaLua, so the level wouldn't work properly if you tried to play it on SMBX 1.4.2 .
TheTakeAwayGuy wrote:If you have any, ANY levels at all that you want me to play on any fan-continued version of SMBX. (Wholstand's PGE Editor or SMBX 1.4.2.)
PGE's engine isn't complete, so you couldn't play any levels on it .
Also LunaLua is a fan continued version of SMBX.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:35 am

TheDinoKing432 wrote:SMBX 1.4.2 doesn't support LunaLua, so the level wouldn't work properly if you tried to play it on SMBX 1.4.2 .
I'll append:
Because LunaLUA is designed to hack SMBX 1.3 assembly built by Redigit in 2010't year in whole. Address space will be never compatible with other assembly even recompile same application, in result will be different address space! SMBX 1.4.x (aka SMBX-38A) is DIFFERENT engine coded from scratch. Author preferred use own Tea-script interpreter which is not so powerful as lua which itself has many non-SMBX language features (which are allows running some common lua-coded programs and functions coded not for LunaLUA-SMBX). Possibility chanсe to have working LunaLUA port on SMBX-38A is very small and super-hard since on engine side is requires to make lot of binders which hard because VB6 is VERY limited language in direct memory manipulation, exportable function declaration, etc. To bind some VB6 functions is required to build a C-coded DLL which a wrapper which will accept function pointers from VB6 side and use those function pointers, and then bind them into lua engine. With C/C++-coded engine will have much less troubles, because binding internal functions is super-easy. With VB6 case I told.

Even PGE Engine which supports lua scripts too, will be PARTIALLY compatible with most of LunaLUA scripts, because some super-specific to SMBX features are useless on PGE Engine side: for example,
  • direct memory manipulation, which is very unneeded because PGE Engine's API is opened and in any requirement is easy to add support of some new feature. In best case I would implement a dummies of unsupported/useless functions which are will avoid "function not found" errors, but there are WILL DO NOTHING.
  • most of Mario-specific API's are will be coded in clear-lua unlike SMBX-side, therefore global features which are was hardcoded, in PGE are specific to config pack (on other config packs same API's will not available until you will install requires script into global space of config pack yourself). For example, P-Switch engine is completely coded in lua.
  • NPC-AI's, which are Hardcoded in SMBX, in PGE are clearly coded in LUA, except simple algorithm-less NPC's like goombas which are iterating by engine and there are bases on parametric logic.
  • Creating of new NPC-AI in PGE Engine requires adding into NPC.txt a reference to script "script=meow.lua", and PGE-specific NPC-AI customization allows replacing algorithm of any available NPC with own and it will work natively like hardcoded in SMBX.
  • PGE Engine suports extra unsupported in LunaLUA-side API's include player API's to program playable characters (Also, entire power-up system is coded in lua too! On engine are only "states" which are spliting different skins of playable character include hitbox metrics, sprites and animations set)
In total, PGE Engine at first is going be compatible with all vanilla levels and episodes, but to have advandage, PGE Engine requires different scripts.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

ZanMan6144
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Whatever my current project is

Postby ZanMan6144 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Well guys, let's get back on topic. This isn't a 'which is better' thread.
Wait, a signature? How do you use cursive in a forum like this? :lol:

Eclipsed
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Postby Eclipsed » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:00 pm

ZanMan6144 wrote:Well guys, let's get back on topic. This isn't a 'which is better' thread.
Why did you post this in a thread that clearly hasn't been used for 2 years? Just asking.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:06 am

ZanMan6144 wrote:Well guys, let's get back on topic. This isn't a 'which is better' thread.
Please don't bump old threads. As Eclipsed mentioned, it's almost two years old and this post is unnecessary. Please also avoid backseat moderating

ZanMan6144
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Whatever my current project is

Postby ZanMan6144 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm

I'm sorry. I didn't realize this post was two years old.
Wait, a signature? How do you use cursive in a forum like this? :lol:

Return to “General”