SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 am
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Location: Cyberspace, Room 6502
Chat Username: NightKawata
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby NightKawata » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Axiom wrote:
NightKawata wrote:y'all are whack

>pentium being considered good
>has an i5
>people with i7's bash me too

i have a pretty new computer too, it's pretty easy to build one or get a good deal depending on who you are and if you have a job but then i forget y'all are baby kids
well parents like spoiling kids now so i mean, christmas present
i have an i7 git rekt
nah but seriously modern pentium's aren't terrible. i even played for years on a Pentium 4 (long before SMBX 2.0 or LunaLua were a glimmer in anyone's eyes).
yeah well i'm saving up for an i7 get rekt
and yeah they're not terrible for desktops (especially a G one at like $80) but the laptop ones are shitty
Quantumenace wrote:How much graphics processing is actually done by the GPU? If there's a ton of openGL stuff can it lag the game if the GPU isn't very good, even if the CPU is fast enough?
if redigit was drinking as much as i think he was during the development, probably 90% CPU-bound lmao
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Image

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

User avatar
Hoeloe
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:25 pm

NightKawata wrote: if redigit was drinking as much as i think he was during the development, probably 90% CPU-bound lmao
In 1.3.0.1, the rendering was done via GDI, which is all CPU bound since it's a software renderer.

In 2.0, this has been replaced with an OpenGL renderer, which means a lot of the work is offloaded to the GPU. As I understand it, there are still some awkward hangovers, though, and these are being patched out in the next version, so we should have a much faster graphics system then.

User avatar
Mariofan121
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Mariofan121 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm

when will Beta 4 released? and what will it included in beta 4?

User avatar
RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:09 am
Current Project: M&L Dimensional Shift
Location: Asia/Malaysia
Chat Username: PK★Esper
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby RSupertheGreat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:56 am

Mariofan121 wrote:when will Beta 4 released? and what will it included in beta 4?
It's probably around either the next month, July or September because there's alot of bugfixes and tweaks needs to be fix as I only know about it.

Image

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Scroll down to the next post please, kthxbai


User avatar
NightKawata
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 am
Current Project: Metanet Hunter -1
Location: Cyberspace, Room 6502
Chat Username: NightKawata
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby NightKawata » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:37 am

Hoeloe wrote:
NightKawata wrote: if redigit was drinking as much as i think he was during the development, probably 90% CPU-bound lmao
In 1.3.0.1, the rendering was done via GDI, which is all CPU bound since it's a software renderer.

In 2.0, this has been replaced with an OpenGL renderer, which means a lot of the work is offloaded to the GPU. As I understand it, there are still some awkward hangovers, though, and these are being patched out in the next version, so we should have a much faster graphics system then.
told you!
Go play Metanet Hunter CD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570/
Go look at Metanet Hunter CD: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15229

Image

Code: Select all

>mario isn't canon, when you die he faces the screen

User avatar
Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1490
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:23 pm
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming
Location: florida
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Axiom » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 pm

NightKawata wrote:
yeah well i'm saving up for an i7 get rekt
and yeah they're not terrible for desktops (especially a G one at like $80) but the laptop ones are shitty
damn i did just get rekt
Quantumenace wrote:How much graphics processing is actually done by the GPU? If there's a ton of openGL stuff can it lag the game if the GPU isn't very good, even if the CPU is fast enough?
if redigit was drinking as much as i think he was during the development, probably 90% CPU-bound lmao[/quote]

it is 90% CPU bound it also doesn't help that VB6/that ancient DirectX version doesn't really have great GPU acceleration. but that's where these modded SMBX versions come into play since they can help implement GPU acceleration
Image

User avatar
AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm
Current Project: SMB TLL
Location: If anyone complains about the avatar I drew on my profile, I will slap you in the face with a meat c

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby AirSeus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:40 am

RSuper wrote:
Mariofan121 wrote:when will Beta 4 released? and what will it included in beta 4?
It's probably around either the next month, July or September because there's alot of bugfixes and tweaks needs to be fix as I only know about it.
They want to release it around about when the SMBX contest releases it's episode, but that was just an estimate.
"If you don't get the egg, it will fuck you" - Sanct 2017

"Please don't show me Roblox porn" - PlushTubes brother 2017

"Gays are gay" -Sanct 2017
Spoiler: show
Image
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/

Support meh newer project y'all (30/01/2017)
Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 am

We don't know when beta 4 will be released. We're working to a list of features, not a deadline, and it's still up in the air when those features will be completed. However, progress is being made, and hopefully it won't be another huge wait like beta 3 was.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6161
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Enjl » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:19 pm

This gif is not sped up:
Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Jayce 777
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Current Project: Being dead
Location: Dead
Chat Username: Melody of Sorrow

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Jayce 777 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Enjl wrote:This gif is not sped up:
Image
Oooh, me likey.
Seriously, that is awesome. It moves you along the path completely, right? If so, it would really help with paths that are long as shit.
I'm more active on Discord than this forum. You can catch me there.
If you spam my DMs I'll blow yours up

ben
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby ben » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Hoeloe wrote:We don't know when beta 4 will be released. We're working to a list of features, not a deadline, and it's still up in the air when those features will be completed. However, progress is being made, and hopefully it won't be another huge wait like beta 3 was.
Is there a non - binding release date for the "final version" of 2.0?

I'm patient. I would only like friendly asking for it, because I'm looking forward "very" much for it. :)

User avatar
The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:17 am
Current Project: Currently unnamed
Location: In the mines

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 am

Jayce 777 wrote:
Enjl wrote:This gif is not sped up:
Image
Oooh, me likey.
Seriously, that is awesome. It moves you along the path completely, right? If so, it would really help with paths that are long as shit.
Wait, that's not sped up? I think it would be better if you moved slower instead of hyper speed running everywhere.
I support: show
Image
Image
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
Spoiler: show
rockythechao wrote:Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Chat Username: too long to fit here
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Cedur » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:55 am

Agreeing that the speed is currently a bit over the top, but again, the idea is really neat :3
Image

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

User avatar
Electriking
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Location: Hyrule
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 am

Supershroom wrote:Agreeing that the speed is currently a bit over the top, but again, the idea is really neat :3
I am not sure if this is true but there is a part of the code you can edit. I believe it may allow you to vary the speed you travel around the map at.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:53 am
Current Project: Kelp World 2

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Dr Vivian » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:23 am

Any chance Beta 4 will have Frog Suit? Because that would be toadally awesome!


I also wonder about some other things shown, like those new blocks, the Rinka variants (although I see at least some of those are already in Beta 3, like in one of the Demo stages) or even hyperspeed map running. Beta 4...or 2.0...?
Image

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6161
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Enjl » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:19 am

King of Eterity wrote:
Supershroom wrote:Agreeing that the speed is currently a bit over the top, but again, the idea is really neat :3
I am not sure if this is true but there is a part of the code you can edit. I believe it may allow you to vary the speed you travel around the map at.
We have a winner!
I already released the API too, it's in the lunalua subforum.
Dr Vivian wrote: I also wonder about some other things shown, like those new blocks, the Rinka variants (although I see at least some of those are already in Beta 3, like in one of the Demo stages) or even hyperspeed map running. Beta 4...or 2.0...?
Generally speaking... Everything we show that isn't in Beta 3 will be in Beta 4. The rinkas thing is awkward because even after Beta 4 it's still gonna change one more time. Currently new available blocks and npcs can be found in the level itembox in pge and easily placed.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
FirestarPlays
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Current Project: Super Mario and the Plague of Valerius
Chat Username: Firestar

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby FirestarPlays » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi, I have a bug that makes me unable to carry items and spinjump in PGE. Basically, I can't use certain controls for whatever reason. Do I need to wait for the next version, or can I fix it myself?
Firestar

User avatar
CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:28 am
Current Project: livin it up
Location: Atlantis
Chat Username: Cynic

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby CynicHost » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:Hi, I have a bug that makes me unable to carry items and spinjump in PGE. Basically, I can't use certain controls for whatever reason. Do I need to wait for the next version, or can I fix it myself?
Firestar
Two questions:

1. Which character(s) does this happen on?
1. Are you using PGE testing, or SMBX (LunaTester)?
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS MERLIN
i only speak when absolutely neccessary

User avatar
Electriking
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Location: Hyrule
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:05 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:Hi, I have a bug that makes me unable to carry items and spinjump in PGE. Basically, I can't use certain controls for whatever reason. Do I need to wait for the next version, or can I fix it myself?
Firestar
The PGE tester is still in alpha and is as inaccurate as fuck. You may end up with a few misconceptions about how your level plays using it. Use the luna tester.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3192
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! :D
Location: Don't Ask Please! "-_-
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:08 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:Hi, I have a bug that makes me unable to carry items and spinjump in PGE. Basically, I can't use certain controls for whatever reason. Do I need to wait for the next version, or can I fix it myself?
Firestar
Explain this in full details please! :shock:

Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/11 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of $$$ until I get a new Windows 10 Laptop: $708.00
My Sprite Art
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. Hardcore 90's kid who's born in 93! 8-)
Image


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Login  •  Register