SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:34 pm

The0x539 wrote:
HenryRichard wrote:Out of curiosity, with the PGE alpha tester be disabled in beta 4? It really should be; the amount of people that mistakenly use it is pretty high.
That's perfect - I doubt anyone will have trouble there.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:07 pm

HenryRichard wrote:Out of curiosity, with the PGE alpha tester be disabled in beta 4? It really should be; the amount of people that mistakenly use it is pretty high.
HenryRichard wrote:
The0x539 wrote: Image
That's perfect - I doubt anyone will have trouble there.
The main trouble was that people are went into the first menuitem that was "Test level".

So, in the latest Editor version (which is already in Beta4 and can be easily upgrated in Beta3) I have added feature to re-assign "Test Level" menuitem to LunaTester to avoid confusion of people are gonna run testing through "Test Level" menuitem, and PGE Engine's tester has been moved into separated submenu together with LunaTester where also more advanced setup of it.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Murphmario » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am

Speaking of PGE, will placing sceneries be fixed in Beta 4? Because right now, 8x8 sceneries as well as the fence scene snap to the 16x16 grid by default instead of the 8x8 one, and you can't place two fences next to eachother.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Something is coming on Christmas...

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 am

Murphmario wrote:Speaking of PGE, will placing sceneries be fixed in Beta 4? Because right now, 8x8 sceneries as well as the fence scene snap to the 16x16 grid by default instead of the 8x8 one, and you can't place two fences next to eachother.
That is ALREADY fixed in updated editor and is ALREADY fixed in Beta4. So, use update script to take this fix now, in Beta3 ;)
That was a bug in that Editor version (which forced to place sceneries to 32-32 when there are floating in put mode as 16-16 right), and also, Editor now has ability to force any custom alignment grid size from the Edit menu ;)

If you want to customize grid size placement per each world map element type, use tile-*.ini, scenery-*.ini, path-*.ini and level-*.ini files are created in episode folder (are working by same strategy as NPC.txt, but has different syntax) to specify grid for this type of element in PGE Editor ;) (P.S. for convenience, create the custom world map folder and put INI files into it instead of episode root, that not supported by SMBX but supported by PGE Editor, but keep pictures in root as SMBX doesn't supports custom folder for world map files).
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Chat Username: Guardian

Postby Grand Goomba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:24 pm

When will Beta 4 be released?

Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 pm

when it's done
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Spoiler: show
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0
Enjl wrote:it puts a twist on classic 4 step level design which i like to call "2 and a half steps backwards design"

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex

Postby Grand Goomba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Ha ha very funny :D

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki

Postby Cedur » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:58 pm

This question has been asked a gazillion times, that's why he's answering like that. It's on the horizon, that's all we can say.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Asking when beta 4 will be released is like asking what time of which day of which month of which year you will die. The reason is because no-one knows for sure, but it can be estimated.
Beta 4 will likely be released before the end of Q2 2018.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex

Postby Grand Goomba » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Thank you. :)

NyanMC
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: sample text
Current Project: SMBX 2.0 Episode; more revealed later
Chat Username: NyanMC

Postby NyanMC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Although my problem with the editor was fixed, I discovered that the 2 player mode is completely broken when switching to the new characters using the character blocks. One player gets misplaced collision, and then if they switch to the same character, they have the same physics as the character they started with. Example: Player 1 switches to Megaman. Player 2's hitbox separates from their sprite. Player 2 manages to switch to Megaman, and then they have no hat despite having all health. (also using a powerup block always only gives the powerup to player 1.) Player 2 was originally mario, and still has the same physics as mario, despite being megaman. also, player 2 can't shoot.
Another glitch I found was that when playing the smbx challenge as wario,, cheats ahippinandahoppin and stickyfingers on, i managed to crush a block and got so many coins (because remember, it's wario) that the game said there were too many npcs. Instead of getting a crash, i got to keep playing. I eventually had to die, because somehow the boss door despawned in the process. When I got back in, the hud for the SMBX challenge was gone (the one that says lives left, levels completed, and shuffles left), and when i finished, I was sent to an empty world map.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in dead memes as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:08 am

NyanMC wrote:Although my problem with the editor was fixed, I discovered that the 2 player mode is completely broken when switching to the new characters using the character blocks. One player gets misplaced collision, and then if they switch to the same character, they have the same physics as the character they started with. Example: Player 1 switches to Megaman. Player 2's hitbox separates from their sprite. Player 2 manages to switch to Megaman, and then they have no hat despite having all health. (also using a powerup block always only gives the powerup to player 1.) Player 2 was originally mario, and still has the same physics as mario, despite being megaman. also, player 2 can't shoot.
Another glitch I found was that when playing the smbx challenge as wario,, cheats ahippinandahoppin and stickyfingers on, i managed to crush a block and got so many coins (because remember, it's wario) that the game said there were too many npcs. Instead of getting a crash, i got to keep playing. I eventually had to die, because somehow the boss door despawned in the process. When I got back in, the hud for the SMBX challenge was gone (the one that says lives left, levels completed, and shuffles left), and when i finished, I was sent to an empty world map.
The new characters have never worked with 2 player. This is a known issue that's not trivial to solve, though we will get to it eventually.

As for the Wario bug, we're aware of that too, and I believe it's fixed in Beta 4. The Mario Challenge hud will break if there's an error in any of the levels you play, which is why that happened.

1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Postby 1AmPlayer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:00 am

To SMBX2 Team, was this intentional when Zelda got hurt from other power-ups other than mushroom it retains the ability? I'm not quite sure. If you try playing as her, this can be easily exploitted, because using Fire/Ice Flower's Ocarina ability, gets hurt, and use the Ocarina ability to get everything back is really making bosses in episodes not fun.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D

Yang
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Brother vs Brother
Chat Username: (RWBY) Yang

Postby Yang » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 am

I downloaded the zipped file, but I don't know what it's called and I lost it. Does anybody know what it's called?
natsuki is bae. only natsuki. Just Natsuki. Just Natsuki. I love Natsuki. Natsuki is cute, funny, and very tsundere. Again, natsuki is bae.

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:56 am

Yang wrote:I downloaded the zipped file, but I don't know what it's called and I lost it. Does anybody know what it's called?
Probably SMBX2-Beta3. Check your downloads folder and just do a general search for "SMBX2"

OmegaSpartanSP
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: The Mysterious Kingdom : My first project,SMB AllStars based
Chat Username: omega

Postby OmegaSpartanSP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:45 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Yang wrote:I downloaded the zipped file, but I don't know what it's called and I lost it. Does anybody know what it's called?
Probably SMBX2-Beta3. Check your downloads folder and just do a general search for "SMBX2"
The .exe is called SMBX2,the folder it's smbx 2.0
SUPAH MARIO BRODDAS TREEEEEEE!

Draven
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Chat Username: Lord_Draven

Postby Draven » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 pm

I have always liked the battle mode of SMBX, unfortunately in this version where they added more playable characters, it causes me errors when playing in this mode.
Will they keep updating?
Or they left the abandoned project :\ :(

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Draven wrote:I have always liked the battle mode of SMBX, unfortunately in this version where they added more playable characters, it causes me errors when playing in this mode.
Will they keep updating?
If they were to leave an abandoned project they would leave abandoning it which means the it wouldn't be abandoned.
Just fixing grammar...
Anyway I don't think it's being removed but rather reworked because of at the moment it's broken (correct me if I'm wrong) but yeah in beta 4 I hope they make a game modes tab where Mario challenge and battle mode are located... and maybe a time trail mode?
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Draven
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Chat Username: Lord_Draven

Postby Draven » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Draven wrote:I have always liked the battle mode of SMBX, unfortunately in this version where they added more playable characters, it causes me errors when playing in this mode.
Will they keep updating?
If they were to leave an abandoned project they would leave abandoning it which means the it wouldn't be abandoned.
Just fixing grammar...
Anyway I don't think it's being removed but rather reworked because of at the moment it's broken (correct me if I'm wrong) but yeah in beta 4 I hope they make a game modes tab where Mario challenge and battle mode are located... and maybe a time trail mode?
Well, you should also consider creating more battle levels in this version, since only place the version 1.3.1 (I think it is the most used without errors)
I really hope they have not abandoned it and they are just patching it, it is a very promising version to be canceled so because yes.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 am

Well I have not been on here since last year patiently waiting to give time for more NPC's to be ready for Beta4 and the airship cannons are cool but I am still disappointing nobody is interested in creating Urchin, the remaining Hammer Bros and Beezo. Also I heard that Beta4 is now planned for the second quarter which I kind of expected and I would not be surprised if it's not even ready this year at the slow speed things are being added and how it seems like the few things holding back Beta4 never get solved. I am starting to wonder if the interest in this project is starting to fade away. I am not trying to start anything here but it gets frustrating when someone like myself who has such high hopes for this project comes back after several months and finds little has been accomplished with the project going off the claims sheet and this site. It's not even the holidays anymore and you are all still struggling just to add a few NPC's to the game. Some have been a WIP (Work in progress) for more than six months now. I mean how are we supposed to take this project seriously when it seems like the people working on it are not taking it seriously?

I will check the development blog right now but that to has probably seen nothing new since the last update several months ago and it seems like even the blog does nothing more than collect dust. This is very disappointing. You guys really need to put a little more time and effort into this project in my opinion.

Anyways good job on the small handful of things that was added in the last several months.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Return to “General”