SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Teemster2
Blooper
Blooper

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 am
Even if I hadn't left the team I would've still not made a blog post due to the fact that all content added by the vast majority of the team right now is completely insignificant to Beta 4's release.
So even though I'm not gonna return to development anytime soon I'll have my 2 cents to add on the matter:

What I encourage the team to do is to check out the todo list and grab a task without a claim or with a claim set for "everyone" and to chip away at it. Some of these are so easy and quick to do I'm inclined to say that people who can't even pick up these simple task by their own judgement should just be knocked off the team.

Additionally what I would do if I were "The Team" is that I would add a feature lock for blocks, bgos, bgs and npcs right now so that the team has to take care of the bugs that do exist instead of adding countless more while delaying the release.

Once the team has taken care of the following points on the todo list, I will make a new blog post:
- bettereffects old ids support - requires a few hours of work to get rid of the "use no ai" and "research"-marked ids on the effects sheet. This might come in handy for that: https://cdn.rawgit.com/Bluenaxela/7e28c ... effect.svg
- move particles inis to the config folder (while taking care of the resolveFile oddities to ensure compatibility)
- Add effects for all pipelined npcs (self-explanatory)
- support for gfxoffset and foreground for npcs with custom rendering
- Ensure new NPCs work properly with grab/throw flags (klonoa)
- Make sure klonoa's throwable tables are up to date
- Remove PGE junk from the character hitbox inis

Technically, rocky, horikawa or hoeloe could make a new blog post at any time. And if they feel like they have something worth showcasing, it's their call if they want to do so. However I think that the points I mentioned above are long overdue for being done and aren't gonna solve themselves, so I think locking the next blog post behind them is a good call in order to both get the team to do something as well as delivering news to the community once that happened.
I too noticed not a lot of the team seemed to be working on the "to do" list. Rednexala seems to have most of the tasks and that is a lot for just one person. Hoeloe has done some stuff too but besides that maybe 1-2 people have completed a single task. I'm sure there is a lot of work going on with the list that I can't see though. I can only go by who has a name by the task. We will never get Beta4 if the game is not at a good spot to be released so it only makes sense to focus on the "to do" list right now.

I also don't understand how people can claim npc's and then leave them in a WIP for months while claiming new ones or leave them not started for a year. What's the point of claiming something if your not going to work on it or even start it. I could understand if someone was waiting on tech but some of those WIP npc's I would not think would have this issue yet they stay a WIP while new ones are started. I would rather have finished npc's then a million unfinished ones. Besides the others can still be claimed after the ones already started are finished.

I am not part of the team and I don't want to get involved with whatever problems the team may be going through so I am not going to say anymore on the issue. I hope you all can resolve these issues so we can continue focusing on SMBX. If the problem is a few people doing most of the work while others are lazy then the only advice I can give is to take a break and not let this game get you burnt out because if it gets to bad you may get frustrated and not want to play anymore. You can always come back to the project at a later time when you are not so stressed out.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Electriking
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am
I also don't understand how people can claim npc's and then leave them in a WIP for months while claiming new ones or leave them not started for a year. What's the point of claiming something if your not going to work on it or even start it. I could understand if someone was waiting on tech but some of those WIP npc's I would not think would have this issue yet they stay a WIP while new ones are started. I would rather have finished npc's then a million unfinished ones. Besides the others can still be claimed after the ones already started are finished.
The majority of NPCs are already in the pipeline, with more Pipeline NPCs than Waiting, Not Started and WIP combined. So it is not really a huge problem and it seems you are just overexagerating the issue.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Teemster2
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Electriking wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am
The majority of NPCs are already in the pipeline, with more Pipeline NPCs than Waiting, Not Started and WIP combined. So it is not really a huge problem and it seems you are just overexagerating the issue.
My issue is not with pipelined vs wip/not started npc's. I understand we have a ton of npc's pipelined. My issue is people claiming 20 npc's when they still have 20 to finish. I think it is better to finish the ones already being worked on before new ones are started but then I am the kind of person who does not like to start a job and then walk away and start another one. I like to finish the job I started. That's just me though.

Phanto was added last year I think and looks to stay in the "NS" phase for the long run so I ask you, what was the point of even claiming him if there is no plans to work on him any time soon? I was constantly asking for new npc's including Phanto and now I feel I was wrong to do so after thinking about it. Maybe it is not a big issue but I was just wanting to see other opinions on this.

Even if it is not a issue with each new npc they pipeline that is more "to do" work as each one also has to be prepared for Beta4 after it is pipelined if I read Enjl's post right. I think Enjl is frustrated because the way some of the dev team is going about the project is preventing Beta4 from being released any time soon and I doubt you or anyone else wants to wait until next year for Beta4. The "to do" list should be the number one priority right now. Maybe I am wrong. I don't really know what is going on.

It seems like Rednexella (Sorry if I miss spelled you name) is doing 80% of the work and that is not fair to him. Maybe I am wrong but most of the "to do" stuff has his name by it. Maybe he is the only one that can do that stuff. Whatever happens I am being patient and have nothing more to say. I just wanted to clear up my post incase you miss understood it.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Grand Goomba
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: Guardian

Postby Grand Goomba » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Taycamgame said that SMBX2 Beta 4 is estimated to come before the end of June. Is he right? Please notify me because I'm waiting for it and thought that it would be almost finished.

Hoeloe
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Grand Goomba wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:56 pm
Taycamgame said that SMBX2 Beta 4 is estimated to come before the end of June. Is he right? Please notify me because I'm waiting for it and thought that it would be almost finished.
Taycamgame has no knowledge of when Beta 4 will be released. Please disregard whatever he said, because it's just based in idle speculation. The development team does not know when it will be released, let alone someone who is not part of that team.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure (Now part of the Novaverse!)
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Guys, it is a speculation based on things like blog posts and stuff, it was a guess at most and i don't know the release date.
Sorry to cause confusion, but i know just as much as everyone else.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

TheTrueMarioMaster
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Looking at how much red is in the to do list before the beta 4 can be released I don't expect it to come out anytime soon especially since only 13 out of the 58 things needed to be finished are complete with a few of those thing looking like they are going to take a very long time to finish especially if other stuff not on the to do list keeps getting added on.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

MrVaderSpino
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Spino's Journey 1.4.4(38A) Progress is 15.25% before post a Forum.
Chat Username: KingBillSeeker666

Postby MrVaderSpino » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 am

When Released in SMBX2B4. But That Sometimes Will Most Likely Release in Early or Late July? or Delaying The Release Date? due to Many Changes,Features,or Bug Fixes?
Making Custom Levels Already Soon...
I Waiting in SMBX2 beta 4..
i am Currently Participating In Other Projects
My Quotes In SMBX.
GforGoomba wrote:Are you sure removing slopes is cool?
Meepyglobix wrote: DON'T SAY "Banned My Acount??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
iphtechnologies wrote:NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2.7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
Neo Super Mario World X is Expensively in largest File is 2.7GB? Are your cannot Download they because Expensive Stored in Too Many Files?
Does Having Wasting Time...

SMBXFanBoi2013
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Mario & the Missing Shine Sprites
Chat Username: SMBXFan

Postby SMBXFanBoi2013 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:21 am

MrVaderSpino wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 am
When Released in SMBX2B4. But That Sometimes Will Most Likely Release in Early or Late July? or Delaying The Release Date? due to Many Changes,Features,or Bug Fixes?
The dev's doesn't know the release date yet, just look in the To Do List in the Claims Sheet to see that there are some things to do for the release.
I believe in Boohemoth as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SMBX, 2013, Wah man, Boohemoth, Yosh, and Lugi are the best.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to see my videos, go to my Youtube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIT_h6HxKSeIShIIVvhTduw
My project:
I support:

Teemster2
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:46 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm
Looking at how much red is in the to do list before the beta 4 can be released I don't expect it to come out anytime soon especially since only 13 out of the 58 things needed to be finished are complete with a few of those thing looking like they are going to take a very long time to finish especially if other stuff not on the to do list keeps getting added on.
Every new NPC that is pipelined creates more work on that to do list if I understand it right and Enjl hinted that only some of the dev team was even working on that list. Beta4 may not come out until next year with just a little over 6 months in this year and as you said 58 things to do in the to do list if nothing else is added. Also Rednexela seems to be the only one that can do the most complicated things and he has a life. He has his name next to a lot of the to do list so that means it will take even longer. Patience will be a big thing here that we all must have but to keep things positive they should get a big chunk of the stuff they have to do out of the way with Beta4 so the next Beta should be better on time but we will have to wait and see. I'm not part of the team but that is my guess. I'm sure everyone on the dev team is doing as much as they can.

Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantix » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:26 am

You do know that there's more to Beta 4 than just NPCs right?
viewtopic.php?f=69&p=286856#p286855

Generic Quote Collection:
Skant wrote:The egg will fuck you if you don't catch it
rockythechao wrote:f6 is an over-the-counter generic run-of-the-mill store-brand bootleg knockoff f5
some people wrote:The021stYoshiFromThe021stCentury: Who would win, a tophat wearing a tophat, or hoeloe wearing hoeloe?
Hoeloe: yes
glitch4: f6
rockythecomet: that's a trick question
rockythecomet: a top hat wearing a hoeloe
Waffles & Stuff (timocomlita) wrote:No matter what you do, it's impossible to get rid of the impossible.
Petrifying wrote:Piss off with your sex doll SMBX 2.0
Enjl wrote:it puts a twist on classic 4 step level design which i like to call "2 and a half steps backwards design"

Westretroman
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Westretroman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:15 am

Quantix wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:26 am
You do know that there's more to Beta 4 than just NPCs right?
Definitely, when it comes to SMBX, it's the NPCs they see, if Beta 4 released early, they'd be happy to see new NPCs but then get mad that there are bugs and glitches in it. Also at this point, they are just repeating themselves about Beta 4. Even though, ironically, this has been said before, Beta 4 will come, and it will pay off.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Grand Goomba wrote:
Taycamgame has no knowledge of when Beta 4 will be released. Please disregard whatever he said, because it's just based in idle speculation. The development team does not know when it will be released, let alone someone who is not part of that team.
something we do know though would be that the development team said b4 will probably be released around April-June. So when b4 gets pushed back again I think it would just be best to not expect it coming anytime soon.
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:14 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 pm
Hoeloe wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Grand Goomba wrote:
something we do know though would be that the development team said b4 will probably be released around April-June. So when b4 gets pushed back again I think it would just be best to not expect it coming anytime soon.
We never gave a release date. You shouldn't put faith in speculation.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Besides, rumours and speculations are made all the time for games. I was just guessing a date based on things that happened recently. However I now think the release is gonna be much later in the year - assuming it gets done before then. It could be anytime, you can believe what you want to; but you shouldn't trust everything on the internet.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

TheTrueMarioMaster
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:35 pm
Besides, rumours and speculations are made all the time for games. I was just guessing a date based on things that happened recently. However I now think the release is gonna be much later in the year - assuming it gets done before then. It could be anytime, you can believe what you want to; but you shouldn't trust everything on the internet.
Looking at all the things that still need to be finished I would be surprised if this finishes before the beginning of next year. Although when Beta 4 does release I hope some sample levels release with it, probably be too much to ask for an entire episode. Maybe someone could even start a beta 4 level design contest and make an episode out of it once Beta 4 is finally released.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 pm

But how can you make a beta 4 contest without beta 4?
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

TheTrueMarioMaster
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 pm
I meant after beta 4 was released in a way of celebrating the release of beta 4 with all the new features. Might also give some newcomers who aren't as experienced in Lunalua code to make some new and interesting levels since all the new stuff in beta 4 that hasn't been available to the public as of yet. Thinking about it how many level design contests were run using beta 3 because I can only think of a few of them with only one of them currently having an episode that goes with it and another having the levels made into an episode.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

1AmPlayer
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Postby 1AmPlayer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:11 am

Well, If we can have the simplified way to code lua in SMBX2, like there's a help in the editor or something, I would actually enjoy it.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:01 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 pm
I meant after beta 4 was released in a way of celebrating the release of beta 4 with all the new features. Might also give some newcomers who aren't as experienced in Lunalua code to make some new and interesting levels since all the new stuff in beta 4 that hasn't been available to the public as of yet. Thinking about it how many level design contests were run using beta 3 because I can only think of a few of them with only one of them currently having an episode that goes with it and another having the levels made into an episode.
The contest you're thinking of is called MaGLX3.
1AmPlayer wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:11 am
Well, If we can have the simplified way to code lua in SMBX2, like there's a help in the editor or something, I would actually enjoy it.
You can find help here:
https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/How_To:_LunaLua_basics
People on the codehaus discord server are also happy to help newcomers.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Return to “General”