SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby PixelPest » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Just extracting the file now. Really looking forward to recording some Mario Challenge videos and testing out some of the awesome new features.
Joey wrote:

Do you plan to put this on the main page?
Image
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:


My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Nah, the betas won't go anywhere on the site besides the forums.

User avatar
Prado
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am
Location: Brazil

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Prado » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:


Please say to me what is that Vic-Viper in the download site!!!!
Jesus is our lord and savior

My LunaLua examples:(IMPORTANT UPDATE)


Conheça o fórum brasileiro de SMBX!

http://gameengineworld.freeforums.org/index.php

Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDlHpUPF-baURFhsgb-ga_g

Image

User avatar
snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:36 am
Location: meow
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby snoruntpyro » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:15 pm

It's from the CC12 entry Rinkas;Conquest. I'd recommend not playing it as it's really not very good.
Spoiler: show
Image

Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Stickman01
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Stickman01 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:17 pm

I can't download right away and may have to wait sadly.

User avatar
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6753
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Location: Germany (Deutschland)
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:16 pm


User avatar
Prado
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am
Location: Brazil

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Prado » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Ok, I'm gonna list all bugs I have found so far:

- Samus is invisible while in morph ball mode

- Mega Man's charge cannon won't have particles while charging

- King Dedede is invisible

- When F12 is pressed, it causes the game to freeze the display, obrigating me to restart game. No screenshots are saved

- Alt + Enter doesn't work
Jesus is our lord and savior

My LunaLua examples:(IMPORTANT UPDATE)


Conheça o fórum brasileiro de SMBX!

http://gameengineworld.freeforums.org/index.php

Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDlHpUPF-baURFhsgb-ga_g

Image

User avatar
RPG_Magician
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:22 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby RPG_Magician » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:07 pm

I can't seem to download it properly, when I do, almost all the files are corrupted. (I get alot of errors extracting the thing as well. I got more than 16000 errors)

Although this appears to be on my side so I might need to see what I can do to fix it. (Any tips?)
Image Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Prado wrote:Ok, I'm gonna list all bugs I have found so far:

- Samus is invisible while in morph ball mode

- Mega Man's charge cannon won't have particles while charging

- King Dedede is invisible

- When F12 is pressed, it causes the game to freeze the display, obrigating me to restart game. No screenshots are saved

- Alt + Enter doesn't work


That sounds to me like something is up with your graphics card. The first 3 things you listed are all OpenGL drawing, so I'd suggest making sure your graphics card isn't damaged.

RPG_MagicianBot wrote:I can't seem to download it properly, when I do, almost all the files are corrupted. (I get alot of errors extracting the thing as well. I got more than 16000 errors)

Although this appears to be on my side so I might need to see what I can do to fix it. (Any tips?)


Are you extracting using 7Zip?

User avatar
Kuribo
Rex
Rex
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Kuribo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Wario's alternate costume is invisible when he charges at full speed, unless he's in his basic form with no powerups. Also he can't seem to reroll the level in Mario Challenge.

Snake and Samus can't climb fences. I'm not sure if that was an existing bug in previous versions but this is the first time I've seen it.

User avatar
RPG_Magician
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:22 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby RPG_Magician » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 pm

RPG_MagicianBot wrote:I can't seem to download it properly, when I do, almost all the files are corrupted. (I get alot of errors extracting the thing as well. I got more than 16000 errors)

Although this appears to be on my side so I might need to see what I can do to fix it. (Any tips?)


Are you extracting using 7Zip?[/quote]

Oh haha, I ended up extracting it with the wrong program, It's working now, thanks for the help.
Image Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Kuribo wrote:Wario's alternate costume is invisible when he charges at full speed, unless he's in his basic form with no powerups. Also he can't seem to reroll the level in Mario Challenge.

Snake and Samus can't climb fences. I'm not sure if that was an existing bug in previous versions but this is the first time I've seen it.



Wario and Megaman both can reroll the Mario Challenge, but it's a little awkward. We're hoping to change the reroll system in future versions to avoid this.

To reroll a level as Wario or Megaman, open their menu with shift, release the shift key, and then hold down shift while closing the menu. If you keep the shift key pressed as the menu exits, the level will begin rerolling.


Snake and Samus will not be able to climb anything that Link can't climb. This is just the nature of how they're programmed.

User avatar
Kuribo
Rex
Rex
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 am

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Kuribo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:28 pm

But Link can climb. If you get to a fence with Samus or Snake, you're stuck.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Kuribo wrote:But Link can climb. If you get to a fence with Samus or Snake, you're stuck.


Ah, you are correct. Just tested myself. This is a bug. We are still in beta after all. Snake and Samus are two of the characters who need a bit more work on them, so hopefully this will be properly fixed by the time of the full release.

User avatar
Prado
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am
Location: Brazil

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Prado » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Prado wrote:Ok, I'm gonna list all bugs I have found so far:

- Samus is invisible while in morph ball mode

- Mega Man's charge cannon won't have particles while charging

- King Dedede is invisible

- When F12 is pressed, it causes the game to freeze the display, obrigating me to restart game. No screenshots are saved

- Alt + Enter doesn't work


That sounds to me like something is up with your graphics card. The first 3 things you listed are all OpenGL drawing, so I'd suggest making sure your graphics card isn't damaged.


Any hints of where can I start to check my graphics card?

EDIT: I downloaded a program to scan the GPU's OpenGL capacibilities. It says that I don't have EXT_framebuffer_object, just like SMBX 2.0 says everytime I launch it.

Also, my GPU supports only OpenGL 2.0. Anything above isn't supported.

EDIT 2: I will try to emulate GPU with OpenGL. It shouldn't be hard.
Jesus is our lord and savior

My LunaLua examples:(IMPORTANT UPDATE)


Conheça o fórum brasileiro de SMBX!

http://gameengineworld.freeforums.org/index.php

Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDlHpUPF-baURFhsgb-ga_g

Image

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:26 pm

Alright, so I downloaded this thing and I must say that it is certainly a broken piece of garbage like the original beautiful thing that y'all have created. I have one tiny question, tho; what is the luna tester in the new editor? Is it PGE's new engine or is it the original SMBX engine (probably not the place for dis, but eh, whatever).

User avatar
Zenithbreak
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Zenithbreak » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:53 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:Alright, so I downloaded this thing and I must say that it is certainly a broken piece of garbage like the original beautiful thing that y'all have created. I have one tiny question, tho; what is the luna tester in the new editor? Is it PGE's new engine or is it the original SMBX engine (probably not the place for dis, but eh, whatever).

It's the original engine.
Spoiler: show
Image

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:55 pm

Zenithbreak wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:Alright, so I downloaded this thing and I must say that it is certainly a broken piece of garbage like the original beautiful thing that y'all have created. I have one tiny question, tho; what is the luna tester in the new editor? Is it PGE's new engine or is it the original SMBX engine (probably not the place for dis, but eh, whatever).

It's the original engine.

Thx man. I kind of answered my own question just as soon as I asked it, but I wanted to be sure. However, that does post another question; what are all of those different testing engines used for? Shouldn't their only be the new test engine and the old one?

User avatar
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 pm
Current Project: Toad and ??? Journey
Location: In my log cabin with my wife.
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:08 am

Is it bad if I get a runtime error 9 when I try to use the SMBX engine (not PGE), and no files were replaced?
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!

Spoiler: show
Image
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?


OR


User avatar
Matt_The_Slime
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm
Current Project: Everything is the Ice Level
Location: Somewhere in Canada, Eh?
Contact:

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:27 am

Maybe hardest challenge I've done: 0 lives, 5 courses, infinite rerolls. You play as Raocow.
Also, can I say HOW FREAKING ADORABLE RAOCOW IS IN THIS VERSION I CAN'T EVEN
Also, IMO, you guys should keep the Legacy editor as an option for the startup, just with more things (like what 1.4 did)
Image

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16341
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.
Image
Spoiler: show
Image

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, WITH MY NEW LINE OF SMBX VIDEOS!
My greatest accomplishment in life
Spoiler: show
Image

I support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage ImageImage


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests