SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
arcade999
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby arcade999 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Legend-tony980 wrote:What I'm about to reveal would hype most of you, probably piss off the ones responsible for SMBX2's development and make others believe to be a pipe dream but I can't control the hype I've been feeling for a long time. You might not feature them in Beta 4, but I'll still be looking forward for them to be added in a later update.

Spoiler: show

Speaking of playable characters, I doubt they would do much about playable characters for Beta 4, neither improving them a bit. But for the full release of SMBX 2.0, it's a possibility. Also, speaking of not modifying the original five SMBX characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Link), which I completely understand. So, how about we can make a SMBX2 version of the five like Mario 2.0, Luigi 2.0, etc., which are modified, newly improved and can be configured however we see fit without any worries that they could crash the game? :idea:

aren't you scared that the link sprite improvement may screw up the custom graphics used in older levels
I support
If ever those projects are realised :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my website: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh

RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?

No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint

Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?

I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

ivanmegafanboy wrote:Obviously the trees would be huge, is Woodman's territory! >:]

Legend-tony980
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. X: Alternate Kingdom

Postby Legend-tony980 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Wow Tony, these sprites are actually pretty good! ^^

Thanks bro! Much appreciated! And there's more incoming. ;)

arcade999 wrote:
Legend-tony980 wrote:What I'm about to reveal would hype most of you, probably piss off the ones responsible for SMBX2's development and make others believe to be a pipe dream but I can't control the hype I've been feeling for a long time. You might not feature them in Beta 4, but I'll still be looking forward for them to be added in a later update.

Speaking of playable characters, I doubt they would do much about playable characters for Beta 4, neither improving them a bit. But for the full release of SMBX 2.0, it's a possibility. Also, speaking of not modifying the original five SMBX characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Link), which I completely understand. So, how about we can make a SMBX2 version of the five like Mario 2.0, Luigi 2.0, etc., which are modified, newly improved and can be configured however we see fit without any worries that they could crash the game? :idea:

aren't you scared that the link sprite improvement may screw up the custom graphics used in older levels

Not me personally. The developers are concerned about the modifications of playable characters would crash levels which I understand, which is why they insisted on doing costumes instead, but me, I'm more scared that my suggestions of separate improved characters and other suggestions might get declined with a precise and absolute answer "NO" with zero percent chance of second thoughts. You know...? And as they are entitled, they can...
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Why not just make something for SMBX2 in terms of a costume or whatever and not intend rn for it to be basegame material. Then if the Devs choose it is and if it's not it these could be a valuable asset to have in general
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:

My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

MarioMario369
Bit
Bit
Current Project: All Stars X (Episode)
Chat Username: MarioMario369

Postby MarioMario369 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 am

Pseudo wrote:Anyone who continues discussing Willhart in this thread will have their post removed and will be subject to disciplinary action. He's out and is not coming back, end of story.

Was never going to mentioned him ever.

Here are my friend codes.

Nintendo 3ds: 0018-0618-4029

Nintendo Switch: SW-7306-0069-7414

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Kelp World 2

Postby Dr Vivian » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:48 am

You know, Legend-tony980...I myself have some ideas for a variation of Link. Using Uncle Broadsword's code as a base of sorts, but things like changing his charged sword thrust into the spin attack...and I don't know, much more complicated stuff (Wolf Link!?) But that's a ways off. Right now I'm studying ways to modify characters ever so slightly, and other Lua in general, to work my way up to that point. My point is that maybe slow down on the custom sprites (I like the "16 bit" versions of Adventures of Link by the way) and try studying the programming side of it. If you haven't already.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm

PixelPest wrote:Why not just make something for SMBX2 in terms of a costume or whatever and not intend rn for it to be basegame material. Then if the Devs choose it is and if it's not it these could be a valuable asset to have in general

This here.

Not everything created with SMBX2 has to be in basegame. There are some things which are better off as separate APIs, especially if it's the desires of one designer rather than a solid mechanic which many designers can utilize.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Super Luigi Bros
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: The Legend Of The Flying Fish
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:32 pm

why can't you play as Kirby??

Matt_The_Slime
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Everything is the Ice Level

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Super Luigi Bros wrote:why can't you play as Kirby??

Kirby was never implemented as character, but I really hope he is in the future, I think he'd be really cool to play as!

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16341
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, WITH MY NEW LINE OF SMBX VIDEOS!
My greatest accomplishment in life

I support
ImageImage ImageImage

The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Matt_The_Slime wrote:

Kirby was never implemented as character, but I really hope he is in the future, I think he'd be really cool to play as!

Go bug Ditchencat.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

MarioMario369
Bit
Bit
Current Project: All Stars X (Episode)
Chat Username: MarioMario369

Postby MarioMario369 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:56 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:

That will be awesome.

Here are my friend codes.

Nintendo 3ds: 0018-0618-4029

Nintendo Switch: SW-7306-0069-7414

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Dr Vivian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:15 am

Kirby would greatly benefit from having extra power-up slots (or whatever you call them). Like I imagine with only 7 powers to work with Spike wouldn't be high priority, but eating a Spiny to get Spike would be cool.

Well, it's not like Kirby always has Copy anyway. Kirby's Dreamland. Kirby Mass Attack (I would love powers with like 10 Kirby's at once but I understand why that wasn't a thing) There's a new or upcoming Kirby game that focuses on chaining Star spit attacks.

Kirby's Dreamland-based Kirby.
No Mushroom form, uses extra HP.
Inhales enemies and can spit them out, no ability Copy.
With Fire Flower he spits out Fireballs.
With Ice Flower he spits out Iceballs.
He can't float around without Raccoon/Tanooki, or make that the Mint leaf.
With Hammer Suit he spits out the bigger star shot you normally get from inhaling more than one enemy. It goes through enemies and obstacles.

But I think people want Copy ability Kirby, not some SMBX-ified Kirby's Dreamland Kirby.
(remember that with Lua YOU could potentially make a playable Kirby...)

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:55 am

Dr Vivian wrote:There's a new or upcoming Kirby game that focuses on chaining Star spit attacks.

That's Kirby's Blowout Blast, and it's been out for a while.

Would Crash Bandicoot be feasible as an SMBX character?

Super Luigi Bros
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: The Legend Of The Flying Fish
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:19 am

I can see why Kirby is incompatible with a Copy ability.

Amyrakunejo
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Real Life (mostly), Clone Hero development
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Goomba98 wrote:Would Crash Bandicoot be feasible as an SMBX character?

One would think, since we have the trinitrotoluene and Nitro crates, that Crash should already be implemented...
At least we do have the countdown sounds/graphics for the crates...(but not the explosion graphics/sounds)
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer

TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 pm

I m happy to annouce that sanic could be a possible character!
and crash might be a costume
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME

TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

rockythechao
Swooper
Swooper

Postby rockythechao » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:I m happy to annouce that sanic could be a possible character!

I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter

Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

Mr Briney
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Secret
Chat Username: Mr Briney

Postby Mr Briney » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Why crash is only a costume? ;_;
I'll be less active from now on. If you need something from me, feel free to PM me here or DM me in Discord.Image
Credits to Snessy the duck for my userbar.
Join my discord server!
Check out my levels!
Favorite Forum Quotes: show
Tyler1209 wrote:Everything dies, so I made this thread to pay respects to those things that died.
Quill wrote:Let's pay respects to this thread

TheKidCodee wrote:snessy could you do me

RhysOwens wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:
Electriking wrote:

Sanct wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:
HackPlayer7 wrote:What is ((35÷6+ -14) - (768×3-(18×37)+ -43)) × 0

((35÷6+ -14) - (768×3-(18×37)+ -43)) × 0
let a = (35÷6+ -14) - (768×3-(18×37)+ -43);
(a) × 0

nerd

kyasarintsu wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Please don't make posts that are just quotes of another user's post, thanks.

that's not a question

Favorite Discord Quotes: show
ImageImageImageImage

The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:I m happy to annouce that sanic could be a possible character!

you are in no position to announce anything, though I appreciate rocky's memeing.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

rockythechao
Swooper
Swooper

Postby rockythechao » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 am

Real talk, though, Sonic is going to be a character.

Just not a playable one.

ALSO GUESS WHAT
HERE COME THE BLERTS
I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter

Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Dr Vivian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 am

To be honest though, I'd take Sonic without proper Sonic physics. A character that can jump UP or sideways into enemies? Spindash? Barriers replacing powerups? (fire flower = fire barrier, for example) Going Super Sonic at 50 coins/rings? Maybe even a homing attack? That would be great, even without the proper physics...it's not like SMBX physics are super accurate anyway.

I know there are plenty of other factors involved, but I recall that being one of the main reasons why Sonic isn't going happen any time soon. (and too many new characters that need tweaking/rewriting too) I do recall someone saying that Sonic and Donkey Kong were heavily considered for 2.1 or something, but 2.1 would be after the Betas anyway obviously.

(I'm not saying Sonic would be easy or high priority even without those things, just to clarify)

Return to “General”