SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Creepermon
Spiny
Spiny

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Creepermon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 am

Quick question about the newly inplemented Bomb and Star blocks:
In some Kirby games, you can break a bomb block and then a trail of explosions in air will travel to the blocks before destroying them. I have found that this is somewhat recreatable by setting the star blocks to invisible, but upon jumping below them they are exposed and interactable. Is there any way to disable them appearing when hitting it, or will I just have to have a tangable trail for now?

BadboyKaie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby BadboyKaie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:16 am

why there is no sound?

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:47 am

BadboyKaie wrote:why there is no sound?
Are your speakers plugged in and also functional? If so then check the volume mixer to see if sounds are playing from that app or not. Not sure about the whole sound card being outdated and such...

Snessy the duck
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:29 am

Ok, so after fixing some of my memory issues, I finally got to try the new demo out! And it's really freaking good! I'm totally mindblown by all the things you can do with LUA, and the new Mario Challlenge mode is really cool! By the way, will it be possible to make a Mario Challenge exclusive to one episode? (Like a TI2 Challenge mode or something) Also, I found it quite amusing that you could encounter things like toad houses and hubworlds in Mario Challenge! It could be pretty cool if you could set those levels not to appear in the rotation! But this is really how SMBX should be experienced! There's so much mindblowing stuff you can do with LUA (Such as variable settings, text displays, new NPC's and SO MUCH MORE!) and the new characters are awesome (Even though I only really got to play as Samus, but she was awesome!)

All in all, this is an incredible expansion that offers so much new stuff to play with, and remember, this is only a demo! Keep up the friggin' amazing work guys!
I'm da' coolest duck around!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493.

Check out my Super Duper Awesome Pipeline of levels if ya' like!

My real name is Anton, in case you'd like to know for some reason.

ImageImageImage

Salazzle is my waifu

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Unnamed keyboard prog band
Chat Username: Enchlore

Postby Enchlore » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Mario Challenge still doesn't work for me. When I enter the pipe to the challenge, I get back to the hub as Mario (no matter who I was playing as before). Also, when I try to use any of the capsules I get this message:
Then they deactivate.

Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Enchlore wrote:Mario Challenge still doesn't work for me. When I enter the pipe to the challenge, I get back to the hub as Mario (no matter who I was playing as before). Also, when I try to use any of the capsules I get this message:
Then they deactivate.

As far as I can tell, the only way I can see this happening is if you're trying to play it from the editor. This error popped up a few times in development, but every time it was traced back to trying to play Mario Challenge from the editor rather than the main episode, and this won't work.

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Ok, so after fixing some of my memory issues, I finally got to try the new demo out! And it's really freaking good! I'm totally mindblown by all the things you can do with LUA, and the new Mario Challlenge mode is really cool! By the way, will it be possible to make a Mario Challenge exclusive to one episode? (Like a TI2 Challenge mode or something) Also, I found it quite amusing that you could encounter things like toad houses and hubworlds in Mario Challenge! It could be pretty cool if you could set those levels not to appear in the rotation! But this is really how SMBX should be experienced! There's so much mindblowing stuff you can do with LUA (Such as variable settings, text displays, new NPC's and SO MUCH MORE!) and the new characters are awesome (Even though I only really got to play as Samus, but she was awesome!)

All in all, this is an incredible expansion that offers so much new stuff to play with, and remember, this is only a demo! Keep up the friggin' amazing work guys!

Thank you. You can also remove a level from rotation by placing a npc with a text/message "excludeFromMarioChallenge" somewhere into the level. Should prevent that level from appearing anymore.

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Unnamed keyboard prog band
Chat Username: Enchlore

Postby Enchlore » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Enchlore wrote:Mario Challenge still doesn't work for me. When I enter the pipe to the challenge, I get back to the hub as Mario (no matter who I was playing as before). Also, when I try to use any of the capsules I get this message:
Then they deactivate.

As far as I can tell, the only way I can see this happening is if you're trying to play it from the editor. This error popped up a few times in development, but every time it was traced back to trying to play Mario Challenge from the editor rather than the main episode, and this won't work.

I'm definitely not playing it from the editor, though. I tried to get to the Mario Challenge through both the launcher and the title screen and get the same result.

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:19 am

We have now mirror downloads too. Also the game is back up.

The Handwoven Box
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Totally not a rip off of Kirby Planet Robobot

Postby The Handwoven Box » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:43 am

Not gonna lie, I kinda started to slightly panic when it mentioned a new editor, all I ask is, do events, layers, and npc events still work the same (or with new features)?

Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Hoeloe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:51 am

The Handwoven Box wrote:Not gonna lie, I kinda started to slightly panic when it mentioned a new editor, all I ask is, do events, layers, and npc events still work the same (or with new features)?

No features of SMBX have been removed by the new editor.

The Handwoven Box
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Totally not a rip off of Kirby Planet Robobot

Postby The Handwoven Box » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:01 am

Hoeloe wrote:
The Handwoven Box wrote:Not gonna lie, I kinda started to slightly panic when it mentioned a new editor, all I ask is, do events, layers, and npc events still work the same (or with new features)?

Thanks for responding, also, due to the fact I have no idea how to do anything, how exactly do I extract the 7z file?

Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Hoeloe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:30 am

The Handwoven Box wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:

Thanks for responding, also, due to the fact I have no idea how to do anything, how exactly do I extract the 7z file?

Use 7zip. It's a free extraction program.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Toad and ??? Journey

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:49 am

So, I just want to ask but is there any known problem if the SMBX engine crashes on any episode or level I load (both through testing and playing an episode)?
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!

Spoiler: show
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?

OR

Mario_and_Luigi_55
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Adventure

Postby Mario_and_Luigi_55 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:11 am

A quick report. klonoa's and Wario's constumes are broken, they do not work

My best levels:
Goomba Lands - 5/10
Stars of the trees - 5.5/10
Koopa Cave - 3.42
Green Grass Hill - 3.42
Grassy Valley - 5.47

Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Hoeloe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:16 am

Mario_and_Luigi_55 wrote:A quick report. klonoa's and Wario's constumes are broken, they do not work

In what way are they not working? I know for a fact that they have been working in the beta 3 build, so it's likely there's something with your computer that is causing a problem.

Mario_and_Luigi_55
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Adventure

Postby Mario_and_Luigi_55 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:28 am

Well, they are crashing the game. I will probably need to reinstall SMBX. Maybe they will work then

My best levels:
Goomba Lands - 5/10
Stars of the trees - 5.5/10
Koopa Cave - 3.42
Green Grass Hill - 3.42
Grassy Valley - 5.47

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:49 am

Mario_and_Luigi_55 wrote:Well, they are crashing the game. I will probably need to reinstall SMBX. Maybe they will work then

If you provided the error message we would be able to help troubleshoot the issue.
Grand Extravaganza Fan Reviews
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

DrakeFeatherwing
Goomba
Goomba

Postby DrakeFeatherwing » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:Link has been updated. Fire's out haha. Hopefully Google Drive works better.

Both GDrive and Dropbox are throwing hissy fits saying it's generating too much traffic... Mega seems to be the only working mirror atm...

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Postby h2643 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Oh huh wow didn't expect it to get done so soon
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Return to “General”