SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby The0x539 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:13 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Pikaman wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
I know the developers are very busy and I understand they are focusing on the Mario Universe at the moment. I also know I have brought up the DK thing in the past and from my understanding they were going to consider other games at a later date. I just thought since Sonic was getting so much discussion I would bring it up again to see how much interest there is for having Donkey Kong and related stuff since DK would flow much better with the Mario universe than Sonic would. I also am fine with waiting for later updates for DK when the developers are not as busy with Mario. I just think DK would be awesome to be included and has some very unique NPC's not seen in Mario.

You can easily create your own characters in game :)

Sorry for my English!

Sorry for the delayed response but are you referring to replacing existing NPCs with different sprites? I don't like to do that as you are removing an NPC just to add one. I prefer to already have them in the game.

2.0B4 and onward will have dummy slots that we promise not to use for basegame content.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:06 pm

flipdiving wrote:Does the 2.0 team have an official release date planned? Not like another BETA, but like a full complete version?

also, I really don't like seeing all those hate comments. I'm extremely happy this is getting a 2.0. I used to use SMBX all the time, though school came along with higher grades and longer work times... still, it's amazing to see how far SMBX has come between 1.3.x and 2.0, with all this amazing and cool new stuff, as well as the new engine being used.

Hate comments?

Anyway, there is no release date and not even an estimate for the final release of SMBX2. SMBX2 Beta 4 is projected for Q1 next year though and has a lot of great content coming
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:

My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 am

flipdiving wrote:also, I really don't like seeing all those hate comments.

What hate comments?
Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Snessy the duck wrote:
Quill wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Please avoid posts like that

please avoid posts like that

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

arcade999
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

Electriking wrote:

What hate comments?

hate comments from smbx 38A kiddies I guess
I support
Spoiler: show
If ever those projects are realised :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my website: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh

RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?

No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint

Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?

I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

ivanmegafanboy wrote:Obviously the trees would be huge, is Woodman's territory! >:]

Snessy the duck
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 am

arcade999 wrote:
Electriking wrote:

What hate comments?

But afaik there aren't any comments from 38A fanboys in this thread, and even if there were, you'd have to seach in the thread a lot to find them, and there wouldn't be that many I assume.
I'm da' coolest duck around!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493.

Check out my Super Duper Awesome Pipeline of levels if ya' like!

My real name is Anton, in case you'd like to know for some reason.

ImageImageImage

Salazzle is my waifu

arcade999
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
arcade999 wrote:
Electriking wrote:What hate comments?

But afaik there aren't any comments from 38A fanboys in this thread, and even if there were, you'd have to seach in the thread a lot to find them, and there wouldn't be that many I assume.

I meant on youtube and stuff.

EDIT: oh wait a sec http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1658
I support
If ever those projects are realised :3

check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my website: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh

RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?

No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint

Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?

I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

ivanmegafanboy wrote:Obviously the trees would be huge, is Woodman's territory! >:]

Super Luigi!
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: It used to be Super Luigi Brothers Trilogy, but now I'm finished with it!
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:40 am

One of these days, I'm going to sit down with this newfangled contraption and figure out just what is happening here. I may even submit some new flashy levels with it for the young whippersnappers!

In all seriousness, perhaps we can at least somewhat recreate this with SMBX 2.0:
Image ~Used with Pop Yoshi Bros's permission.

"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Teemster2
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:One of these days, I'm going to sit down with this newfangled contraption and figure out just what is happening here. I may even submit some new flashy levels with it for the young whippersnappers!

In all seriousness, perhaps we can at least somewhat recreate this with SMBX 2.0:

That's one of the coolest levels I have ever seen. If people did stuff like that for SMBX that would be awesome. The giant head being a level is thinking outside the box.

I think 2.0 is going to be amazing. I am just hoping that all core enemy NPC's from 1,2,3 and SMW are pipelined before Beta4. I don't think anyone has accomplished that before with any mario maker and we are almost there too. Just another one or two dozen NPC's need to be added to the resource claim sheet and that's it. Keep up the great work everyone.

It would also be awesome if we had the ability to save power up's for later like in SMB3 but that's wishful thinking on my part. Maybe it will happen though.

Super Luigi!
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: It used to be Super Luigi Brothers Trilogy, but now I'm finished with it!

Postby Super Luigi! » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 pm

I like all of your ideas. Hopefully, all goes well for the beta makers. There's no rush, after all, unless they're being paid. Then the team might need to hurry.

"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:49 am

Super Luigi! wrote:There's no rush, after all, unless they're being paid.

If they are paid, then RIP this game
Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Snessy the duck wrote:
Quill wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Please avoid posts like that

please avoid posts like that

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 am

Electriking wrote:
Super Luigi! wrote:There's no rush, after all, unless they're being paid.

If they are paid, then RIP this game

We're not.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Kelp World 2

Postby Dr Vivian » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:04 am

Super Luigi! wrote:One of these days, I'm going to sit down with this newfangled contraption and figure out just what is happening here. I may even submit some new flashy levels with it for the young whippersnappers!

New characters don't work in multiplayer right now, but when they do, it might be cool to recreate that as a normal level. The Mario and Samus co-op thing.

Super Luigi!
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Super Luigi! » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 pm

I see. Thank all three of you for replying, and good luck in the future. If you need more encouragement, you know where to find us, or at the very least, me.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:03 am

Teemster2 wrote:

That's one of the coolest levels I have ever seen. If people did stuff like that for SMBX that would be awesome. The giant head being a level is thinking outside the box.

I think 2.0 is going to be amazing. I am just hoping that all core enemy NPC's from 1,2,3 and SMW are pipelined before Beta4. I don't think anyone has accomplished that before with any mario maker and we are almost there too. Just another one or two dozen NPC's need to be added to the resource claim sheet and that's it. Keep up the great work everyone.

It would also be awesome if we had the ability to save power up's for later like in SMB3 but that's wishful thinking on my part. Maybe it will happen though.

Enemies get made when someone feels like making them so I can't guaranteed that all of those will make it in in the short term, especially considering devs are now more drawn to other source games (NSMB and Sonic are getting some love). If you wanna see an enemy but nobody on the team feels like writing the code you're able to write it and send it to me and I'll insert it and credit you properly. You can code over one of the beta 3 slots for testing.
Grand Extravaganza Fan Reviews
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Kelp World 2

Postby Dr Vivian » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:15 am

I hope you don't get flooded with incomplete NPC api's by people who expect you to finish for them...

Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 am

Dr Vivian wrote:I hope you don't get flooded with incomplete NPC api's by people who expect you to finish for them...

If we do they just won't be included.

Super Luigi Bros
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: The Legend Of The Flying Fish
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! One question though, when is the next update?? XD

PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:37 am

Super Luigi Bros wrote:THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! One question though, when is the next update?? XD

Estimated early 2018
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:

My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

Teemster2
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Enjl wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:

Enemies get made when someone feels like making them so I can't guaranteed that all of those will make it in in the short term, especially considering devs are now more drawn to other source games (NSMB and Sonic are getting some love). If you wanna see an enemy but nobody on the team feels like writing the code you're able to write it and send it to me and I'll insert it and credit you properly. You can code over one of the beta 3 slots for testing.

Thanks for the reply. I watched the lua videos for SMBX by SnoruntPyro and read up on painting sprites but in all seriousness it looks to be a lot of work that I may have a hard time doing which is why I have not tried yet. If there was a simple instruction list for dummies with step by step instructions for creating an NPC maybe but that is a stretch for me.

There is not a lot of enemies left for the core games and with the release expected first quarter (January-March) there is still time to get them done but I do understand everyone can get very busy in life and I am sure it takes awhile to create anything for SMBX. It just seems to difficult but I have the time and would honestly love to contribute to the game. Just not sure how I could help. Thanks again for the reply and I wish I was a computer programer but I i'm not.

A step by step how to for dummies would be awesome. The youtube videos are so confusing and the threads on this site also confuse me but i'm sure nobody has the time for that so I understand I will just have to except what we get which I am ok with but I can still do some wishful thinking like wanting my Urchin lol.

Anyways I have to go to work. Keep up the great work on 2.0 everyone.

Super Luigi Bros
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: The Legend Of The Flying Fish
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Another question, how come mario and luigi in the trailer are from mario world and look awesome, but in game they are just smb3??

Return to “General”