SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure. It will be an episode that feels similar to original Mario games.
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Yh, how do i get rid of Chromium? Not sure if it's a virus, it's that web browser thing
Check out my Episode:
Check out the projects i support:

Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Westretroman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Yh, how do i get rid of Chromium? Not sure if it's a virus, it's that web browser thing

Chromium is not a virus, however the one that the installer gave you, is a virus. Uninstall it immediately.

Quote from How to Remove Guide:

"The Chromium browser is actually the “alpha” version of modern Google Chrome. It was designed to be open source, meaning you can tweak it in all sorts of ways. In your case it was installed on your PC and injected with malicious code. Chromium itself is a completely legitimate program."

If that wasn't simple enough for you, go to Control Panel, and just uninstall the darn thing.

Long story short: Don't install anything that looks suspicious until your 100% verified that it is not a malware trying to slowly kill your computer, simple knowledge.
ImageImage

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure. It will be an episode that feels similar to original Mario games.

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Im pressing the uninstall button, but it won't remove. I haven't noticed it do anything bad yet, but how do i force remove it?
Check out my Episode:

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Im pressing the uninstall button, but it won't remove. I haven't noticed it do anything bad yet, but how do i force remove it?

Try to see if your antivirus or a cleaning tool can remove it. I had to use CCleaner (not an antivirus) to get rid of it when it managed to get on to my PC.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Join my Discord server here (assuming the FCC twats decide to let it continue to live, of course): https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm

How do i use CCleaner, is it free?
Check out my Episode:

Teemster2
Rex
Rex

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Yh, how do i get rid of Chromium? Not sure if it's a virus, it's that web browser thing

You should have a little icon in the top right corner of your web browser. Mine is three little dots next to my "star" bookmark icon. (used to save web pages)
Try looking in your settings or more tools. (and then web extensions) If this does not work you can easily do a google search for instructions on how to remove chromium. Some web browsers will install stuff without asking you. For example Yahoo may install a search bar or McAfee may install a web virus protection program. These are easy to remove but after removing them you may need to restart your pc or laptop.

You can also try "programs" and then "remove/uninstall" in your computer to try and remove it. This is a program every computer has.

To get back on topic why do we have shield monitors? Does this mean shields are being added? Wont this greatly change gameplay and affect hot most NPC's interact with Mario?

The SMB2 expanded graphics pack that I posted was not just for SMB2. Infact most of the icons for the world map levels were SMB3. I think having a much bigger variety of level icons to choose from for B4 would be awesome.

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:15 pm

I couldn't find it in the extensions, iM On windows 8.1, how do i remove it? Does it do anything bad? And CCleaner, is the one on piriform the official one? How do i use it?
Check out my Episode:

Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Westretroman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Taycamgame wrote:I couldn't find it in the extensions, iM On windows 8.1, how do i remove it? Does it do anything bad? And CCleaner, is the one on piriform the official one? How do i use it?

Please read: In your case it was installed on your PC and injected with malicious code - I'm sorry, what does that tell you?

Yes that's the offical one, on Piriform.
ImageImage

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Is there any way i can remove it though?
Check out my Episode:

Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Westretroman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Is there any way i can remove it though?

Just download CCleaner, from there, on the program, you can remove it. Just actually try instead of wasting time, asking questions, then if you have problems with CCleaner, ask a question.
ImageImage

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Yh, i dont know how to use ccleaner. Im worried as i dont want to lose my pc to a virus.
Check out my Episode:

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 pm

how could downloading 2.0 even give you a virus? Ever considered the possibility of a false alert? (edit: can I have a tl;dr of what actually happened)

And please, consider joining the chat where you can ask all these questions a lot more conveniently and where it's a lot easier to keep track of conversation.
Last edited by Cedur on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quotes: show
<Ethereality> Why Ethereality is banned? I noticed last post is better grammar. I don’t think because is important. Most informative posts. I’ll ask Shadow Yoshi to unban at never and work a new project. Don’t spam in SMBX.org, is respectful!

<StickGuyGamez> BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

<Noodle> Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

<thehelmetguy1> you know you failed the smbx community ... when you have a username

<Sanct> SYKE I'M THE SHERIFF VOTE ZELDAMASTER

<Zeldamaster12> I need that fucking consort dead already

<MarioRPGExpert93> Holy shit guys, can we just discuss ONLY speed running SMBX levels and short episodes? GOSH

<ZipZap> it's for the memes and the irony you dip

<Noodle> https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19400#p291557

Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Westretroman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Yh, i dont know how to use ccleaner. Im worried as i dont want to lose my pc to a virus.

Alright, read the first one here, It shows you how to do it with CCleaner. https://www.how-to-remove.com/chromium/#ccleaner
Sorry for sounding like a arrogant PC jerk, just look out for those malicious viruses next time.
ImageImage

Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Westretroman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Cedur wrote:how could downloading 2.0 even give you a virus? Ever considered the possibility of a false alert? (edit: can I have a tl;dr of what actually happened)

And please, consider joining the chat where you can ask all these questions a lot more conveniently and where it's a lot easier to keep track of conversation.

TL;DR Taycamgame accidently installed a program claiming to be Paint.net filled with Malware, when he wanted to make some custom graphics. Then suddenly, The fake Paint.net installed a program called Chromium but filled with Malware and now he has to remove it.
ImageImage

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 pm

If I just left the chromium on my PC what would be the worst that could happen?
Check out my Episode:

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Taycamgame wrote:If I just left the chromium on my PC what would be the worst that could happen?

Depending on the Malware installd, it could steal your information, it may run in the background causing performance issues, making your PC essentially less powerful and if it is a laptop, it could drain your battery. Basically, bad things will happen if you don't remove it.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Join my Discord server here (assuming the FCC twats decide to let it continue to live, of course): https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm

So I'm on ccleaner, and pressing uninstall on chromium, but it isn't doing anything obvious. I tried uninstalling something else as a test and it came up with "are you sure you want to uninstall this" but not for chromium. I followed the previous steps.
Check out my Episode:

Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Electriking wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:Ok, so I downloaded Paint.net, and now this thing called Chromium is on my pc and a big tab is on the top of my screen and won't go away?

Where did you download it from?

Paint-net.secursoft.com, Is chromium meant to come with it?

Man, why download paint.net from a different place when you can get it from the official site?

My project:

Taycamgame
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 pm

So I can't find Chromium in my task manager as I pressed delete on CCleaner. However, after restarting my PC, the big tab at the top still exists.
Check out my Episode:

PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Taycamgame wrote:So I can't find Chromium in my task manager as I pressed delete on CCleaner. However, after restarting my PC, the big tab at the top still exists.

It's probably running in the background and could be running under a different name. The big tab at the top could also not be Chromium but another piece of malware
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC49mUdTYysm3o4qR-A2LGnA

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:

My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

Return to “General”