SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure (Now part of the Novaverse!)
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:24 pm

So we may have to go back on older Beta 3 levels and edit them due to these inconsistencies?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Notxarb wrote:How do I run this? It's saying I can't run this because it is a .7z file and I don't have anything to run it with.
Download 7zip file manager:
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

A 7z file is a compressed folder. You'll be able to extract the folder using this tool.
Taycamgame wrote:So we may have to go back on older Beta 3 levels and edit them due to these inconsistencies?
Unlikely. Maybe in like... one level where you heavily relied on the exact momentum and attraction radius of a maverick thwomp, or where you used a boo laser or diagonal podoboo in conjunction with slopes in a weird way. But no, not unless you specifically and carefully designed setups relying exactly on how the beta 3 npcs function.
Grand Extravaganza Fan Reviews
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

64searchman46
Spiny
Spiny

Postby 64searchman46 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Okay, thank you for the reply. May I ask why Juni is being removed? Is it because you guys feel she really isn't needed or is she just too buggy?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:35 pm

64searchman46 wrote:Okay, thank you for the reply. May I ask why Juni is being removed? Is it because you guys feel she really isn't needed or is she just too buggy?
Both, really. As well as some hassle with the former dev who wrote her code which I don't want to get into.
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:34 pm

64searchman46 wrote:Okay, thank you for the reply. May I ask why Juni is being removed? Is it because you guys feel she really isn't needed or is she just too buggy?
Also btw there is a whole Knytt editor for the game Juni came from so it doesn't even really make sense to include her when there's a much more reasonable alternative if you're into making levels with that character

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:27 pm

Will a different character replace Juni?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:35 pm

Tiger Festival wrote:Will a different character replace Juni?
We had some ideas, but for beta 4 there will be no replacement yet.
Muh favourite quotes:

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Alright thanks for informing me.

Notxarb
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: New Super Mario World
Chat Username: What is this chat?

Postby Notxarb » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Enjl wrote:
Notxarb wrote:How do I run this? It's saying I can't run this because it is a .7z file and I don't have anything to run it with.

A 7z file is a compressed folder. You'll be able to extract the folder using this tool.
Thanks.

Is anyone else having a problem with their graphics? Sometimes (about 50% of the time) it ignores the white parts of my 'm' graphics (e.g. npc-192m), which I assume that the "m" stands for map. Why is it doing this to my graphics maps?
I'm doing the exact same thing I did in 1.3, but now it doesn't always work for some reason. Has it always done this?
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Ten points to you if you can figure out what my name is.

Look, I'm not telling you what to do but STOP READING THIS SENTENCE

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Notxarb wrote:
Enjl wrote:

Thanks.

Is anyone else having a problem with their graphics? Sometimes (about 50% of the time) it ignores the white parts of my 'm' graphics (e.g. npc-192m), which I assume that the "m" stands for map. Why is it doing this to my graphics maps?
I'm doing the exact same thing I did in 1.3, but now it doesn't always work for some reason. Has it always done this?
It stands for "mask". Judging by your assessment of the issue, I'd guess you're saving as png and then expecting it to also use the mask. In SMBX2 you can just use a PNG with transparency instead of two GIFs.
quotes: show
Ryaa wrote: I really do appreciate you showing me the true meaning of butts and I will take this information with me to bed
Enjl wrote: people in my high school struggled with vectors and i was like "what how it's literally an arrow"
rockythechao wrote: so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote: Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote: I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote: please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote: that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote: aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote: I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

Super Luigi Bros
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: SMBX: The Next Levels
Chat Username: Super Luigi Bros

Postby Super Luigi Bros » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 pm

You can open .7z with any zip opener, like WinRAR or winzip.
Image Let's a go! Let's a go!

Legend-tony980
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. X: Alternate Kingdom

Postby Legend-tony980 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:03 am

Oh wait, what am I doing? Oh yeah, currently, I'm working hard on sprites already. Toad was really complicated than Link at first, but with the help of custom sprites made by the users from Mario Fan Games Galaxy and Redigit's, it would make it easier. Oh, and I already have Cape Toad's flying sprites done. There's more underway, SO much more than just this:

In this sprite sheet, Toad can grab objects on side and kick them. And he can do the Somersault move. In the next update, there will be Yoshi ride, swimming, sliding and more sprites. I've already got many sprites done and they will be released soon. After I've done enough for Toad, Princess Peach will be next.

Back on-topic concerning Beta 4's upcoming features, I don't know if Porcu-Puffers are already added, but can we also have Flutters, Bumpty, and a Big Boo boss from Super Mario World? It'll be awesome to have all of the npcs that appeared in Super Mario Advance 4's e-reader (although I do want more from Yoshi's Island as well but I guess it'll do). And wind! It'll be dope to have wind! :D
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 am

wind is literally 3 very simple lines of code
add 2 to affect all players
subtract 2 if you already have an onTick function defined
quotes: show
Ryaa wrote: I really do appreciate you showing me the true meaning of butts and I will take this information with me to bed
Enjl wrote: people in my high school struggled with vectors and i was like "what how it's literally an arrow"
rockythechao wrote: so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote: Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote: I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote: please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote: that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote: aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote: I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

Legend-tony980
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. X: Alternate Kingdom

Postby Legend-tony980 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:19 am

The0x539 wrote:wind is literally 3 very simple lines of code
add 2 to affect all players
subtract 2 if you already have an onTick function defined
Wind was already featured in there? I gotta try this already. I needed this for a very, very long time. (I've waited 8 and a half years for something like this... Wow, it makes it seem like time is really fast, it's scary.) If it's like the wind that comes out of the Warp Pipe in SMB3 or when the Ptooie blows on a spike to make it float, or like a Tweester, or if the wind can make you float in the air, I really gotta know how to do all of it! :D
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:

Quantumenace
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Quantumenace » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 am

Currently the P-switch adds invisible blocks that are never removed and can eventually cause an overflow. Is that going to be fixed?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 am

Legend-tony980 wrote:Oh wait, what am I doing? Oh yeah, currently, I'm working hard on sprites already. Toad was really complicated than Link at first, but with the help of custom sprites made by the users from Mario Fan Games Galaxy and Redigit's, it would make it easier. Oh, and I already have Cape Toad's flying sprites done. There's more underway, SO much more than just this:

In this sprite sheet, Toad can grab objects on side and kick them. And he can do the Somersault move. In the next update, there will be Yoshi ride, swimming, sliding and more sprites. I've already got many sprites done and they will be released soon. After I've done enough for Toad, Princess Peach will be next.

Back on-topic concerning Beta 4's upcoming features, I don't know if Porcu-Puffers are already added, but can we also have Flutters, Bumpty, and a Big Boo boss from Super Mario World? It'll be awesome to have all of the npcs that appeared in Super Mario Advance 4's e-reader (although I do want more from Yoshi's Island as well but I guess it'll do). And wind! It'll be dope to have wind! :D
The comment about Peach Sprites does make me a bit happy actually. As for wind, the way I did it made it hard to play the level in question. (Either slowing or speeding the player up if they moved.) I wonder if Peach over Mario would be interesting or not though.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 am

Legend-tony980 wrote:In this sprite sheet, Toad can grab objects on side and kick them. And he can do the Somersault move. In the next update, there will be Yoshi ride, swimming, sliding and more sprites. I've already got many sprites done and they will be released soon. After I've done enough for Toad, Princess Peach will be next.
Dunno why you're posting them here cause IIRC we said when you posted the link sheet that we won't change the default roster in order to maintain complete backwards compatibility.
As for "Beta 4's upcoming features":
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Most green things will make it in.
Muh favourite quotes:

Notxarb
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: New Super Mario World
Chat Username: What is this chat?

Postby Notxarb » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:07 pm

The0x539 wrote:
Notxarb wrote:
Enjl wrote: Download 7zip file manager:

Thanks.

It stands for "mask". Judging by your assessment of the issue, I'd guess you're saving as png and then expecting it to also use the mask. In SMBX2 you can just use a PNG with transparency instead of two GIFs.
Thank you so much! I didn't even know SMBX2 supported PNGs, or that transparency would work...
But I also tried using two GIFs, and that still only works half the time or something.
Also, if I want to do semi-transparency, should I just draw it like that on the PNG?
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Ten points to you if you can figure out what my name is.

Look, I'm not telling you what to do but STOP READING THIS SENTENCE

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Is there going to be any plans for online mode to return or 3-4 player multiplayer
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure (Now part of the Novaverse!)
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:28 pm

3-4 player mode would be fun, unless your like me who doesn't have people to play SMBX with...
Also how would you fit 4 hands around one keyboard and screen?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Return to “General”