SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Teemster2
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:24 am

I am confused as to some of the enemies shown in the video. Tryclyde and Trouter for example. It looks like they are completed but in the resource claims sheet it still says WIP which means "work in progress". So are they completed or what? I am assuming they are since they have been uploaded to the game already and I was just wondering.

User avatar
Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 am

Teemster2 wrote:I am confused as to some of the enemies shown in the video. Tryclyde and Trouter for example. It looks like they are completed but in the resource claims sheet it still says WIP which means "work in progress". So are they completed or what? I am assuming they are since they have been uploaded to the game already and I was just wondering.


Maybe:
1) They may have not updated the claims sheet
2) They are being tested but may still need tweaking

Not sure what other reasons exist.
Image
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]


Join my Discord server here (assuming the FCC twats decide to let it continue to live, of course): https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement

Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.

PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Image

Literally me when I read that post lol


The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
rockythechao
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:00 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby rockythechao » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:56 am

Teemster2 wrote:I am confused as to some of the enemies shown in the video. Tryclyde and Trouter for example. It looks like they are completed but in the resource claims sheet it still says WIP which means "work in progress". So are they completed or what? I am assuming they are since they have been uploaded to the game already and I was just wondering.

I'm pretty sure Tryclyde wasn't in the update? And he's not in the basegame yet. He's marked as WIP on the claims sheet because I started working on him privately, but I didn't get that far with it so I never pushed it to the github repo. I'm going to finish him before I claim any new NPCs but he's not a top priority right now.

As for trouters, they still have a number of bugs to be ironed out and in general their code isn't completely up to standards.
Image
I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter

Spoiler: show
Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

Teemster2
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am

rockythechao wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:I am confused as to some of the enemies shown in the video. Tryclyde and Trouter for example. It looks like they are completed but in the resource claims sheet it still says WIP which means "work in progress". So are they completed or what? I am assuming they are since they have been uploaded to the game already and I was just wondering.

I'm pretty sure Tryclyde wasn't in the update? And he's not in the basegame yet. He's marked as WIP on the claims sheet because I started working on him privately, but I didn't get that far with it so I never pushed it to the github repo. I'm going to finish him before I claim any new NPCs but he's not a top priority right now.

As for trouters, they still have a number of bugs to be ironed out and in general their code isn't completely up to standards.


I had Tryclyde and Fryguy mixed up. Sorry that was my bad. I thought it may be just some finishing touches that were needed for some of the WIP's but when I saw Trouter in the video I was confused. I understand now. Thanks.

User avatar
hedgehog560
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm
Current Project: A Level Pack
Chat Username: hedgeyhawg

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby hedgehog560 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Which .exe file are you running?

I was using a shortcut that i created. The original just said SMBX, i believe.

User avatar
PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 5770
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: Pix le Pest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:36 pm

hedgehog560 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:Which .exe file are you running?

I was using a shortcut that i created. The original just said SMBX, i believe.

You should be running SMBX2.exe instead

User avatar
hedgehog560
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm
Current Project: A Level Pack
Chat Username: hedgeyhawg

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby hedgehog560 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm

[quote=PixelPest]Which .exe file are you running?[/quote]

[quote=hedgehog560]I was using a shortcut that i created. The original just said SMBX, i believe.[/quote]

[quote=PixelPest]You should be running SMBX2.exe instead[/quote]

I'll see if i can find it! I just need to extract my download again.
(btw, sorry if the quotes look wrong. i don't know how to layer quotes.)

EDIT: does it have something to do with me compressing the entire thing?

User avatar
PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 5770
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: Pix le Pest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:58 pm

PixelPest wrote:
hedgehog560 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:Which .exe file are you running?

I was using a shortcut that i created. The original just said SMBX, i believe.

You should be running SMBX2.exe instead

I'll see if i can find it! I just need to extract my download again.
You do not need to extract it again. It is in the main folder. (Do not go into "data").

hedgehog560 wrote:(btw, sorry if the quotes look wrong. i don't know how to layer quotes.)

You can click the "Quote" button at the top right of a post or just use the "quote" tags to open all of the quotes at once and then close them one at a time (making sure that they also have quotations around the usernames):

Code: Select all

[quote="PixelPest"][quote="hedgehog560"][quote="PixelPest"]Which .exe file are you running?[/quote]
I was using a shortcut that i created. The original just said SMBX, i believe.[/quote]
You should be running SMBX2.exe instead[/quote]

User avatar
hedgehog560
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm
Current Project: A Level Pack
Chat Username: hedgeyhawg

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby hedgehog560 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:04 pm

PixelPest wrote:You can click the "Quote" button at the top right of a post or just use the "quote" tags to open all of the quotes at once and then close them one at a time (making sure that they also have quotations around the usernames)


Huh, neat. Thanks!

ben
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ben » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:35 pm

I wait patiently "over 1 year" for the final version 2.0 and I'm looking forward to it.

Still I would like to ask friendly, if it is possible that this version is ready to download till 31. December 2018.

User avatar
The0x539
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby The0x539 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 pm

ben wrote:I wait patiently "over 1 year" for the final version 2.0 and I'm looking forward to it.

Still I would like to ask friendly, if it is possible that this version is ready to download till 31. December 2018.

I, as a member of the development team, would be shocked if Beta 4 weren't out by the end of next year.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

User avatar
Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:02 pm

The0x539 wrote:
ben wrote:I wait patiently "over 1 year" for the final version 2.0 and I'm looking forward to it.

Still I would like to ask friendly, if it is possible that this version is ready to download till 31. December 2018.

I, as a member of the development team, would be shocked if Beta 4 weren't out by the end of next year.

What if he meant December 2017 though?
Is 2.0 beta the geometry dash 2.1 of SMBX?
Image
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]


Join my Discord server here (assuming the FCC twats decide to let it continue to live, of course): https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement

Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.

PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Image

Literally me when I read that post lol


The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Westretroman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Electriking wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
ben wrote:I wait patiently "over 1 year" for the final version 2.0 and I'm looking forward to it.

Still I would like to ask friendly, if it is possible that this version is ready to download till 31. December 2018.

I, as a member of the development team, would be shocked if Beta 4 weren't out by the end of next year.

What if he meant December 2017 though?
Is 2.0 beta the geometry dash 2.1 of SMBX?

If he did mean that, I wouldn't be surprised, then again, lets not get our hopes up.
Image - It will bite!
"Que pasa?"

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 pm

I remember rednaxela last saying the current estimate is around Q1 2018
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Teemster2
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:28 pm

SnoruntPyro has a new NPC added but a google search is not showing me what it is and I don't remember it at all so I have to ask what is a Asteron and a Asteron Spike?

I check the resource claim sheet every day to see what new NPC's have been added so I will be asking often if I don't know something.

User avatar
Matt_The_Slime
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!
Location: Somewhere in Canada, Eh?
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:21 pm

Teemster2 wrote:SnoruntPyro has a new NPC added but a google search is not showing me what it is and I don't remember it at all so I have to ask what is a Asteron and a Asteron Spike?

I check the resource claim sheet every day to see what new NPC's have been added so I will be asking often if I don't know something.

It's those star fish enemies from Sonic 2's Metropolis Zone
My Project: Coming Soon!
Image
Image
Image
I support
Spoiler: show
ImageImage Image
Image

Teemster2
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:11 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:SnoruntPyro has a new NPC added but a google search is not showing me what it is and I don't remember it at all so I have to ask what is a Asteron and a Asteron Spike?

I check the resource claim sheet every day to see what new NPC's have been added so I will be asking often if I don't know something.

It's those star fish enemies from Sonic 2's Metropolis Zone


Awsome. Thank you. We could sure use some more fish NPC's so this is a welcome addition that will be very useful and it's self destruct sounds awesome. I must admit that I played a little bit of Sonic but I never really got into it as a kid back in the day so the enemies from the Sonic series I am not very familiar with. Thanks again.

I can't wait for more fish NPC's, flying NPC's, mega big NPC's, desert NPC's and ice NPC's so I am very happy with this. Shout out to Snorunt Pyro for adding this NPC to the game and thank you.

User avatar
Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:53 am
Current Project: Kelp World 2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Dr Vivian » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 am

Wasn't expecting a Sonic enemy, how rad! I actually started a level yesterday that Asteron's would be perfect for.
Image

ben
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ben » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:44 pm

The0x539 wrote:
ben wrote:I wait patiently "over 1 year" for the final version 2.0 and I'm looking forward to it.

Still I would like to ask friendly, if it is possible that this version is ready to download till 31. December 2018.

I, as a member of the development team, would be shocked if Beta 4 weren't out by the end of next year.


@The0x539: Thank you for your message. :)

Teemster2
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:10 am

Pikaman wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
HenryRichard wrote:He did explain several enemies that do not have functionality in SMBX that should at least be considered.


I know the developers are very busy and I understand they are focusing on the Mario Universe at the moment. I also know I have brought up the DK thing in the past and from my understanding they were going to consider other games at a later date. I just thought since Sonic was getting so much discussion I would bring it up again to see how much interest there is for having Donkey Kong and related stuff since DK would flow much better with the Mario universe than Sonic would. I also am fine with waiting for later updates for DK when the developers are not as busy with Mario. I just think DK would be awesome to be included and has some very unique NPC's not seen in Mario.



You can easily create your own characters in game :)

Sorry for my English!


Sorry for the delayed response but are you referring to replacing existing NPCs with different sprites? I don't like to do that as you are removing an NPC just to add one. I prefer to already have them in the game.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EmeraldDragonDude, Matt_The_Slime and 8 guests