SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Amyrakunejo
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Real Life (mostly), Clone Hero development
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Amyrakunejo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Seriously, this bloody argument...
*turns up the amp and shreds loudly*
OH WAY OH YEAH, YEAH-AH-EAH!!!!

But seriously, has nobody taken into account that side scrolling Sonic has 3D ELEMENTS!? Or does that mean anything?
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Amyrakunejo wrote:But seriously, has nobody taken into account that side scrolling Sonic has 3D ELEMENTS!? Or does that mean anything?

What do you mean? No 2D sonic has ever incorporated 3D elements, unless you're talking about the background. In that case, we have solutions for that.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Amyrakunejo wrote:The ONLY way Sonic could even be a character is if the entirety of Sonic's physics are involved. A side-scrolling Sonic game has a LOT of three dimensional elements. As is, that is difficult to do with SMBX.

Throwing doubts my way? Sure. How about...

EVERY.
SINGLE.
FUCKING.
LOOP-DE-LOOP-DE-LOOP.
THAT.
SONIC.
GOES.
THROUGH.

xDestroy
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario's Quest (DEAD)
Chat Username: Eric

Postby xDestroy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Goomba98 wrote:
Amyrakunejo wrote:The ONLY way Sonic could even be a character is if the entirety of Sonic's physics are involved. A side-scrolling Sonic game has a LOT of three dimensional elements. As is, that is difficult to do with SMBX.

Throwing doubts my way? Sure. How about...

EVERY.
SINGLE.
FUCKING.
LOOP-DE-LOOP-DE-LOOP.
THAT.
SONIC.
GOES.
THROUGH.

Read this https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=19589
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

Teemster2
Rex
Rex

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:03 am

I am just wondering when you guys make Phanto if he will be able to disappear off the screen and return like he did in SMB2 and if he will chase you if you take the key like in SMB2?

I was also wondering if it was possible to add a color palette and paintbrush so when we are creating levels maybe we could change the color of blocks and NPC's? I think it would be cool to have color themes for levels. I doubt this is possible but I was just wondering.

While I was for keeping it more Mario/DK I find myself actually liking the blert NPC a lot and think the other added stuff will be cool to test out. I am ok with Beta4 taking longer to finish and even if it is not done by the end of the year that's fine. As long as it does not take forever to finish I am looking forward to an amazing game with lot's of potential and more life NPC's. I also want to say again that more Air and Water NPC's would be cool to have as well as the barrel blasts from DKC.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Lila M-3210
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: Lila_M3210

Postby Lila M-3210 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 am

I guess so. Apologies for being impatient. I know how frustrating it is for people demanding a shot release. Even a release at all. I am part of a private community where people were Upset that a developer didn't release her game in two years. Quite recently, it was updated and it was indeed worth the wait. (Please do not ask me about details of this, as it is private doors stuff.)

With this respect, I suppose I will wait until the extras are finished as well. I would love to have fixed BGO's and Blocks AND other nice things, rather than just fixed BGO's and Blocks.

Again, apologies for challenging the extras.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:48 am

Lila M-3210 wrote:I guess so. Apologies for being impatient. I know how frustrating it is for people demanding a shot release. Even a release at all. I am part of a private community where people were Upset that a developer didn't release her game in two years. Quite recently, it was updated and it was indeed worth the wait. (Please do not ask me about details of this, as it is private doors stuff.)

If you want to feel like progress is actually being made on SMBX2, you can join codehaus. It's where the vast majority of SMBX2 progress is shown, since not everything is worthy for a blog post.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Amyrakunejo
Bit
Bit

Postby Amyrakunejo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 am

Zha Hong Lang wrote:What do you mean? No 2D sonic has ever incorporated 3D elements, unless you're talking about the background. In that case, we have solutions for that.

So, explain the simplest of things, that being Sonic going through loops, and disappearing behind the foreground. That is Z-Offset, and on a sidescrolling platform that is a 3D element.

Of course, another issue to tackle is how fast Sonic can move, and how the screen would need to keep up with him.

And if we're going to have Sonic at all, we need A,B,C buttons. So there's another thing to implement.

Hoeloe
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:What do you mean? No 2D sonic has ever incorporated 3D elements, unless you're talking about the background. In that case, we have solutions for that.

So, explain the simplest of things, that being Sonic going through loops, and disappearing behind the foreground. That is Z-Offset, and on a sidescrolling platform that is a 3D element.

Of course, another issue to tackle is how fast Sonic can move, and how the screen would need to keep up with him.

And if we're going to have Sonic at all, we need A,B,C buttons. So there's another thing to implement.

It's not reaaaally z-offset actually, it's done through the same sort of method as drop-through platforms (such as SMBX's sizeables), so it's not really anything particularly special.

Also, we don't necessarily need A, B and C buttons, but even if we did: Jump, Spinjump, Run. There are 3 buttons right there.

Spinda
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: Spinda

Postby Spinda » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 pm

how does sonic even need the A, B and C buttons? Jump does most things (with some variations requiring another jump key to turn into Super Sonic).

Or am I missing something here?

Westretroman
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Westretroman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:16 pm

We could base Sonic's physics and gameplay off of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, but that's just my opinion.

Offtopic:
Spoiler: show
Also it's my birthday, if it's your birthday, then happy birthday to you!
ImageImage

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Andario: Journey; Superstar

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Also are loops really a necessary part of Sonic? They are definitely doable thought I doubt they would be very flexible or user-friendly.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:41 pm

If Sonic ever becomes a thing then please only have one button for spindash. :L

quotes: show
<Ethereality> Why Ethereality is banned? I noticed last post is better grammar. I don’t think because is important. Most informative posts. I’ll ask Shadow Yoshi to unban at never and work a new project. Don’t spam in SMBX.org, is respectful!

<StickGuyGamez> BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

<Noodle> Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

<thehelmetguy1> you know you failed the smbx community ... when you have a username

<Sanct> SYKE I'M THE SHERIFF VOTE ZELDAMASTER

<Zeldamaster12> I need that fucking consort dead already

<MarioRPGExpert93> Holy shit guys, can we just discuss ONLY speed running SMBX levels and short episodes? GOSH

<ZipZap> it's for the memes and the irony you dip

<Noodle> https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19400#p291557

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey and Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Lila M-3210 wrote:I am part of a private community where people were Upset that a developer didn't release her game in two years.

Wow, impatient, my project on here, The Mosaic Group's Journey has been in development for almost or over 2 years now and it STILL has a long way to go. Dang people should be more patient, and realize
that we're not working on stuff 24/7 and that everything takes time to make, and as stated, is usually worth the wait.

Also, yeah, as others have stated already, this ISN'T directed to Lila by the way, it would take a stupid amount of programing for us to implement a working sonic into the game, so sadly, it definitely won't be happening any time soon,
if ever.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

RIP MAFIA, if you still want to play it, then join here --> http://mosaicmafia.prophpbb.com/

My Level Thread

My Projects

It also has a discord server! -> https://discord.gg/XGwG2AK

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
Restricted Contest 2: Not Started

Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 13: 30th Place
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
and more...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.

Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Sonic's games are mainly about Running and large multi path stages as well as 360 looping. Mario's games are mainly about jumping,dodging hazards and is slower paced and more straightforward than Sonic's games. I can see why Exploding Rabbit won't add Sonic into SMBC and why Sonic isn't very good in MKF. Sonic just doesn't mesh well with Mario and other franchises. I know I once suggested Sonic to be in but after thinking about it more, I honestly cannot see how Sonic can work in SMBX unless you're willing to butcher Sonic down which wouldn't make him as he is in his source games. So yeah damned if you do damned if you don't sadly.

Matt_The_Slime
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Everything is the Ice Level

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:03 pm

I could've sworn I read this somewhere, but are the triangle blocks from SMW being added?

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16341
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, WITH MY NEW LINE OF SMBX VIDEOS!
My greatest accomplishment in life

I support
ImageImage ImageImage

The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Matt_The_Slime wrote:I could've sworn I read this somewhere, but are the triangle blocks from SMW being added?

no
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

Snessy the duck
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:58 am

If we're ever gonna add Sonic as a playable, I think we should base him on the way he was in 8-bit Sonic 1, although I'm honestly against him being in SMBX for the reasons Tiger Festival stated.
I'm da' coolest duck around!

This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal Net Neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you're American.
Spread the word by putting this in your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493.

Check out my Super Duper Awesome Pipeline of levels if ya' like!

My real name is Anton, in case you'd like to know for some reason.

ImageImageImage

Salazzle is my waifu

Amyrakunejo
Bit
Bit

Postby Amyrakunejo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm

Honestly, I don't think Sonic should even be considered unless Sonic is done right.

Hell, Miles (Tails) would be easier and he flies...Knuckles glides and climbs walls and would be easier...

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:10 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:Honestly, I don't think Sonic should even be considered unless Sonic is done right.

Hell, Miles (Tails) would be easier and he flies...Knuckles glides and climbs walls and would be easier...

I strongly agree with both you and Snessy. That's also why Tails is better than Sonic in Mushroom Kingdom Fusion.

Return to “General”