SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:30 pm

I'm pretty sure those are PGE-engine only animations, unrelated to LunaLua

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote: The pge editor is great for level EDITING but when using its test function it's pretty glitchy and has bugs it even tells you when you test a level to test on 1.3 preferably and use PGE for exclusive PGE levels
Trouble is exists on slow computers and computers where is OpenGL doesn't works right because of absense or too old video drivers. Therefore are implemented some workarounds to tweak those glitches.
Except the computer I use is not old and the video drive works fine is it just because I'm using lots of custom gfx?
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 am

PixelPest wrote:I'm pretty sure those are PGE-engine only animations, unrelated to LunaLua
Ok thanks for informing me. With PGE is adding new functions such as veggie pulling and yoshi riding possible?
Spoiler: show

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Super Mmario Bros 85
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote: The pge editor is great for level EDITING but when using its test function it's pretty glitchy and has bugs it even tells you when you test a level to test on 1.3 preferably and use PGE for exclusive PGE levels
Trouble is exists on slow computers and computers where is OpenGL doesn't works right because of absense or too old video drivers. Therefore are implemented some workarounds to tweak those glitches.
Except the computer I use is not old and the video drive works fine is it just because I'm using lots of custom gfx?
I don't think custom GFX has anything to do with the use of the Luna tester. Your video drivers may not be correctly installed or they are too outdated to support what is needed to use the Luna tester.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
And you're definitely using the LunaTester and NOT the PGE Alpha Tester?

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

Hoeloe wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: Trouble is exists on slow computers and computers where is OpenGL doesn't works right because of absense or too old video drivers. Therefore are implemented some workarounds to tweak those glitches.
idk whats going on but i just checked and its the pge tester...
but wait I just used the luna tester and it worked fine?! idk how this is making any sense...
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote: Except the computer I use is not old and the video drive works fine is it just because I'm using lots of custom gfx?
but wait I just used the luna tester and it worked fine?! idk how this is making any sense...
The PGE tester using the grossly unfinished PGE engine. LunaTester uses SMBX, which is why that one works.

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
WildWEEGEE wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:
The PGE tester using the grossly unfinished PGE engine. LunaTester uses SMBX, which is why that one works.
Well my problem is solved...

ImageImage

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Tiger Festival wrote:I'm also liking the sound of the PGE Editor. Does this mean I can add or remove frames for characters, such as adding climbing or swimming animations for someone like Snake or Adding functions such as Yoshi riding or veggie pulling for Link with the PGE Engine?
With PGE Engine playable character animations are fully customizable natively (with case of LunaLua that is hacky way with overlaying playable character's sprite with a custom code that plays custom animation).
Even some showcases I made with using of LegentTony's sprite:
Swimming

Climbing:

Sliding:

Going through a pipe:
PGE is still in progress or you hiatus it to work on SMBX 2.0?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:57 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Tiger Festival wrote:I'm also liking the sound of the PGE Editor. Does this mean I can add or remove frames for characters, such as adding climbing or swimming animations for someone like Snake or Adding functions such as Yoshi riding or veggie pulling for Link with the PGE Engine?
With PGE Engine playable character animations are fully customizable natively (with case of LunaLua that is hacky way with overlaying playable character's sprite with a custom code that plays custom animation).
Even some showcases I made with using of LegentTony's sprite:
Swimming

Climbing:

Sliding:

Going through a pipe:
PGE is still in progress or you hiatus it to work on SMBX 2.0?
yes to both
the editor is more important right now

not rockythechao
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: A2XT2 and a few others

Postby not rockythechao » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 pm

I believe Wohlstand's the only one working on both PGE and the editor. He usually alternates between the two but he's currently focusing on rebuilding the editor to prepare for the plugin system. After that's done he should be back to working on the engine.

With plugins we'll be able to make in-editor tools for a lot of the tech that was previously done through LunaLua code, such as camera control, custom HUDs, parallax backgrounds, etc. Eventually, we'll also be able to use it to override things like liquids, warps, the event system, NPC properties and so on with more flexible alternatives.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter
Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
Quantix wrote:jesus christ rocky
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Are plugins intended for Beta 4 or Beta 5+? Don't mind waiting if it won't come in B4 since there are so many new things coming in that anyway, but it would be nice for a clarification of when it could be expected.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Super Mmario Bros 85
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:15 pm

I think plugins are a major culprit delaying beta 4, as it needs them to work correctly iirc.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

not rockythechao
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: A2XT2 and a few others

Postby not rockythechao » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Yeah, Beta 4 has been waiting on the new version of the editor. It's not the only thing holding Beta 4 back though, there's some ASM hackery we still need from Rednaxela and some miscellaneous lua stuff from a few different folks.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter
Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
Quantix wrote:jesus christ rocky
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 am

rockythechao wrote:Yeah, Beta 4 has been waiting on the new version of the editor. It's not the only thing holding Beta 4 back though, there's some ASM hackery we still need from Rednaxela and some miscellaneous lua stuff from a few different folks.
I mean, all the things made so far could be released as Beta 4A, then all that other stuff could be for Beta 4B. Saves us waiting a few months or years, but then that may be glitchy anyway.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:22 am

The asm trickery rocky mentioned is stuff like "make it so that loading into an episode doesn't crash the game and stop it from starting at all" and "improve performance so that the new features are properly usable just like old features are"
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 am

Enjl wrote:"make it so that loading into an episode doesn't crash the game and stop it from starting at all"
I haven't experienced major crashes in the past, what is being added in Beta 4 that may cause crashes?
Enjl wrote:"improve performance so that the new features are properly usable just like old features are"
In what way? Will we be able to notice these performance changes in normal gameplay?
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Enjl wrote:"make it so that loading into an episode doesn't crash the game and stop it from starting at all"
I haven't experienced major crashes in the past, what is being added in Beta 4 that may cause crashes?
Enjl wrote:"improve performance so that the new features are properly usable just like old features are"
In what way? Will we be able to notice these performance changes in normal gameplay?
I was describing issues that cropped up after the release of beta 3.....................................................
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Legend-tony980
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. X: Alternate Kingdom

Postby Legend-tony980 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Oh my. And here I thought the Sneak Peak of Link's custom sprites working on PGE Engine was supposed to be a secret between us. Oh well. :lol:

Wohlstand showed me that in July and explained things about it. I did not fully understand it but I do know it works on the PGE Engine, as you can just add the frame sequences and define them in the calibration file. In SMBX's case, we'd need a special type of LunaLua script to add and define custom animation like swimming, climbing and other stuff, like you've seen on the screenshots. But you guys already know about that, right?

I've been really impressed about Wohlstand's work. Maybe I should've shown you sooner. Sorry. But wait, are those one of the reason why both PGE and SMBX2 Beta 4 are being delayed? Then, a part of its delay would be my fault... (I'm actually overthinking things right now.)
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Legend-tony980 wrote:But wait, are those one of the reason why both PGE and SMBX2 Beta 4 are being delayed? Then, a part of its delay would be my fault... (I'm actually overthinking things right now.)
Those Link sprites are not being and will not be included in SMBX2, because to do so would destroy backwards compatibility.

Return to “General”