SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sat May 19, 2018 12:45 am

1AmPlayer wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 pm
MrVaderSpino wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 pm
Any Suggestions about adding features in Mario Maker?
Next Added is Lava Babbles Can Be Configured to 360 degrees
Sledge Bros. The Ability is Ground Pound To Create A Short Time To Earthquakes Then Congfiguring The Any Throwing Weapons for Example Bowser's FireBall Can Be Thrown
SMB3 Hammer Can Thrown By SMB3 Hammer Bros And Sledge Bros.
Boomerang Bros. That Weapons Uses the Boomerang.
SMB3 Hammer Bros. That Primary Weapon Is Hammer.
Can Be Configured Same Way as Sledge Bros And Fire Bros.
Ice Bros. Throwning the Ice Balls. Can Be Configured Same Again as Fire Bros.
Diagonal Bullet Bill in SMW
Missile Bill or Missile Bullet Blaster
Rocket Engine Can Be Configured To Measuring The 360 Degrees and Number Of Pixels Can Ranged That Hurt the Player
Box of Rocket Engine This is a Generator of Rocket Engine Can Be Measured to 360 degrees
Lava Bubble cannot be configured to 360 degrees at all in SMM.

If Sledge Bros, Fire Bros and Ice Bros can be configured the same way, wouldn't all those be unnecessary? If that's the case, then just use Hammer Bros, and the projectile can be thrown by that same NPC, it's basically another SMW Lakitu. Also, does SMB3 Hammer Bros necessary? We already have SMB1 version, and both acted the same.

Rocket Engine doesn't work at 360 degrees, it works at 90 degrees.
Actually I would prefer a better hammer bros that can jump up and down from platforms which the one in SMBX can't do currently while not getting rid of the original. Also there are five different versions of goombas that pretty much do the same thing as an example of things repeated so repetition isn't really a problem. Also speaking of lakitus I wouldn't mind some SMW pipe lakitus.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat May 19, 2018 2:39 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:06 am
Somebody used a SMB1 Hammer Bro in a SMB3 or SMW level (I forget which) and was told it caused clashing. I like the look of the SMB3 Hammer Bro better anyways.
Custom Graphics
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote: Actually I would prefer a better hammer bros that can jump up and down from platforms which the one in SMBX can't do currently while not getting rid of the original. Also there are five different versions of goombas that pretty much do the same thing as an example of things repeated so repetition isn't really a problem. Also speaking of lakitus I wouldn't mind some SMW pipe lakitus.
I would agree that they should write a new hammer bro NPC that does behave like the actual hammer bros (since SMBX's hammer bros kind of suck)
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

JustInPassing
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: JustInPassing

Postby JustInPassing » Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 am

Electriking wrote:
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote: Actually I would prefer a better hammer bros that can jump up and down from platforms which the one in SMBX can't do currently while not getting rid of the original.
I would agree that they should write a new hammer bro NPC that does behave like the actual hammer bros (since SMBX's hammer bros kind of suck)

I too agree about the Hammer Bros. I have always been disappointed by their behaviour in SMBX and to have an alternate that behaves like the ones from the official games would be great. It would also be great to be able to customize how many hammers they throw in a period of time (I believe Hammer Bros. in the older Mario games throw hammers more quickly—and therefore throw more hammers—than the ones from the newer games).
*playing Ocarina of Time*
Owl: Blah blah blah blah blah...
Me: *mashing the A button*
Owl: Do you want to hear what I said again?
Me: *still mashing the A button*
*Owl repeats himself*
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 pm
I think there should be an option on what a Hammer Bro is throwing and another secret menu.
Why would you want a secret menu? That just seems like a hassle for user experience.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am

Enjl wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 am
GforGoomba wrote:
I think there should be an option on what a Hammer Bro is throwing and another secret menu.
Why would you want a secret menu? That just seems like a hassle for user experience.
Hammer bros throwing hammer bros is a hassle?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat May 19, 2018 7:56 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am
Enjl wrote:
GforGoomba wrote:
Hammer bros throwing hammer bros is a hassle?
Having hammer bros throwing hammer bros does not require nor encourage a secret menu. Secret implies difficult to access. The lakitus are throwing lakitus tab will be permanently removed in SMBX2b4 anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.

LP76
Goomba
Goomba
Current Project: I'm currently working on handling just the basics xd
Chat Username: LP76

Postby LP76 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:39 pm

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:30 pm
LP76 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 pm
Perhaps you could retexture the SMB axe to be invisible to act as a trigger, and place it on the wrong path, so when the player goes the wrong way, he/she hits the axe and is teleported somewhere else.
Except if it's a level that uses the SMB axe as well like in the official Super Mario Bros 4-4 and 7-4. You shouldn't always rely on retexturing as a shortcut cause it can limit your options.
This is true.

Thessbmzocker
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Thessbmzocker

Postby Thessbmzocker » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am

Hello, Im new to SMBX and I was wondering if we will ever get the option to have multiple hub worlds. So far it seems to be limited to only one hub world or world map. And is it possible to prevent players from certain actions, like running or jumping in vanilla smbx2 or would I need to code via lunalua?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:11 am

I just realized something: The old SMB3 cave tileset uses the tiles from the aboveground sections of the cave levels in that game, while the new tiles you announced on April 2 are from the underground sections.

Remember how you said you weren't able to find out how the original tileset came to be? Well, now you know. So, why don't we have both tilesets in the base game? (Not that it matters if we don't, because we can always replace it the normal way. And we usually use the tileset in all-underground levels anyway, so I approve of the change. But I'm wondering if you forgot about this original tileset.)
Last edited by Goomba98 on Sun May 20, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Electriking » Sun May 20, 2018 11:56 am

Thessbmzocker wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am
Hello, Im new to SMBX and I was wondering if we will ever get the option to have multiple hub worlds. So far it seems to be limited to only one hub world or world map. And is it possible to prevent players from certain actions, like running or jumping in vanilla smbx2 or would I need to code via lunalua?

You can have multiple hub worlds accross multiple .lvl files (although it will be buggy if restart last level on death is turned off). If you have a world map, you can space out separate areas. And yes, you currently have to use lunalua to disable or force player actions.
Join my Discord server
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
The0x539 wrote:

Thessbmzocker
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Thessbmzocker

Postby Thessbmzocker » Sun May 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:56 am
You can have multiple hub worlds accross multiple .lvl files (although it will be buggy if restart last level on death is turned off). If you have a world map, you can space out separate areas. And yes, you currently have to use lunalua to disable or force player actions.
Ah ok, thank you. I guess I'll mess around with world maps then and try to combine the two.... Kind of like Sonic Unleashed then I guess.
Welp, guess I'll mess around with lunalua then too. Do people still need a specific launcher for lunalua levels or is that all handled by the smbx2 launcher now? I know a good while ago people needed a special launcher...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Westretroman
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Westretroman » Sun May 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Thessbmzocker wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:45 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:56 am
Ah ok, thank you. I guess I'll mess around with world maps then and try to combine the two.... Kind of like Sonic Unleashed then I guess.
Welp, guess I'll mess around with lunalua then too. Do people still need a specific launcher for lunalua levels or is that all handled by the smbx2 launcher now? I know a good while ago people needed a special launcher...
It's all handled by SMBX2 now + to mention you can customize the homepage for your episode, which is a neat bonus.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Enjl wrote:
GforGoomba wrote:
Thanks for adding in Buster Beetle. Will he be throwing ice blocks like in SMB3?

I love seeing new enemies added. For me the things I want the most are more enemies so this is nice. Looking forward to seeing the roster continue to grow.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Killer3279
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Killer3279 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:48 am

When SMBX 2.0 beta 4 will be released?

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Electriking » Mon May 21, 2018 3:11 am

Killer3279 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:48 am
When it is ready
Join my Discord server
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
The0x539 wrote:

AlphaCPS
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: αCPS

Postby AlphaCPS » Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 am

Killer3279 wrote:
Like Electriking said, it will be released when it's ready. Many things are still being worked on, so you have to wait for a while. The SMBX2 Devs will plan a release date for Beta 4 when they feel content with their work and are sure everything's good.
I have no signature.

Eclipsed
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Postby Eclipsed » Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 am

Killer3279 wrote:
As Electriking said, when it is ready. The fact of the matter is that the devs are trying to add stuff with optimizing code implementation and that takes time.
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 23:44:217
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

Amyrakunejo
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Real Life (mostly), Throes of Damnation (RM VX Ace project)
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am

(Security Certificate Invalid)

SMB3 and SMW are two different games; I was only talking about the former when I mentioned both the red donut blocks and Sumo Bros., both of which do appear in SMB3. I am well aware that the red donut blocks are donut blocks that fall, but just fit the castle colors better.

And yes, the Hammer Bros. that DON'T throw hammers but jump up and slam the ground, stunning the player if they're still on the ground are present in SMB3. They appear in World 3 in a World Map encounter, unless you get the coin ship.
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon May 21, 2018 11:17 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am
(Security Certificate Invalid)

SMB3 and SMW are two different games; I was only talking about the former when I mentioned both the red donut blocks and Sumo Bros., both of which do appear in SMB3. I am well aware that the red donut blocks are donut blocks that fall, but just fit the castle colors better.
https://www.mariowiki.com/Sumo_Bro
https://www.mariowiki.com/Sledge_Bro
Can you please give me like... video footage of a Sumo Bro in SMB3? Cause I've never seen one.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Murphmario » Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 pm

I think one reason people are confusing Sledge Bros. with Sumo Bros. might be because Prima gave the former the latter's name when they made their NSMBW guide. They did the same with Banzai Bills and King Bills as well.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Something is coming on Christmas...

Return to “General”