SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 pm

How often does the spreadsheet update anyway since I don't really need to view it that often. It's still a pain in the ass to find even if you do search for it by keyword which is just sheet.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

User avatar
Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 823
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 pm

It's being updated all the time. I usually find it by the name, which at the moment is "Cinematic Universe Sheet"

User avatar
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 pm
It's being updated all the time. I usually find it by the name, which at the moment is "Cinematic Universe Sheet"
That works a lot better than just typing in sheet. Thanks although I'm not sure how often I'll actually check the sheet although I wasn't expecting SMB1 spinies and lakitu to appear on it. Now just need to hope someone will eventually do a SMB3 hammer bro that behaves more like the hammer bros from the official video games since the current hammer bros aren't that challenging.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

ben
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ben » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Friendly question:

How man versions that are betas will there "probably" be until the "final" version?

I wait patiently and with pleasure for "this" version? :)

User avatar
Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3717
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Super Mmario Bros 85
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm

ben wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Friendly question:

How man versions that are betas will there "probably" be until the "final" version?

I wait patiently and with pleasure for "this" version? :)
As many as necessary
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Location: http://www.stardustfields.net/files/cool.gif
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:39 pm

There will definitely be a beta 5, though it’s unlikely it’ll take anywhere near as long as beta 4 is taking. Beyond that it’s uncertain how many there will be.
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am
Location: United States

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:55 pm

ben wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Friendly question:

How man versions that are betas will there "probably" be until the "final" version?

I wait patiently and with pleasure for "this" version? :)
I was told the Beta's will end but updating the game may continue for a very long time. When the Beta's are done the game will be completed and you will get 2.0 but content could still be added and the game could still be updated giving us a 3.0 or 4.0 etc. I could be wrong but this was my understanding.

The reason Beta4 is taking a long time is because they are doing a lot of the work on it right now so that adding stuff in the future will be a lot easier and faster. Plus they are trying to sort some things out. There is a "To do" list on the claims sheet and when that is finished you will get Beta4 or that is the plan. Thus while the beta's will end there may never be a final version if the dev team want's to continue adding new stuff to the game. This is shaping up to be an amazing editor.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

ben
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby ben » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Thank you Electriking, HenryRichard and Teemster2.
Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:55 pm
I was told the Beta's will end but updating the game may continue for a very long time. When the Beta's are done the game will be completed and you will get 2.0 but content could still be added and the game could still be updated giving us a 3.0 or 4.0 etc. I could be wrong but this was my understanding.
Of course there can be a SMBX 3.0, 4.0 etc. in the future.....

However at this momemt I wait patiently and with pleasure for the final version of 2.0.

This time of waiting for this feels like a long time to me..... :)

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby GforGoomba » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 pm

I bet 3.0 would be made with Python, 4.0 with C and 5.0 with C64 Basic.
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3717
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Super Mmario Bros 85
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 pm
I bet 3.0 would be made with Python, 4.0 with C and 5.0 with C64 Basic.
It won't
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Current Project: Real Life (mostly), Throes of Damnation (RM VX Ace project)
Location: Nülgârt, Âsürïa
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Amyrakunejo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:59 pm

lol

Or made with Ruby.

(I'm kidding. Holy Fuckles.)
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer

User avatar
Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am
Location: United States

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:18 am

Now that we have a page for blocks on the claims sheet are you guys going to let Fire Seraphim finish his Mystic Cave tile zone blocks or will these just stay a "WIP" for now? I don't see why we can't have them when there is a lot of blocks being added right now. Just wondering what you guys are thinking?
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6616
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: -chan ^^

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:18 am
Now that we have a page for blocks on the claims sheet are you guys going to let Fire Seraphim finish his Mystic Cave tile zone blocks or will these just stay a "WIP" for now? I don't see why we can't have them when there is a lot of blocks being added right now. Just wondering what you guys are thinking?
Last I checked absolutely noone on the team wanted those blocks in the basegame.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Current Project: Real Life (mostly), Throes of Damnation (RM VX Ace project)
Location: Nülgârt, Âsürïa
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Amyrakunejo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 am

Enjl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 am
...Last I checked absolutely no one on the team wanted those blocks in the basegame.
Then why, for the love of Sylph, is there a Mystic Cave BG!?

Or, is that going bye-bye too.
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer

User avatar
Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 823
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 am

The Mystic Cave background was in 1.3, so that's not going anywhere. However, we're not adding 63 blocks just to get a tileset that nobody really wants anyway.

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Current Project: Real Life (mostly), Throes of Damnation (RM VX Ace project)
Location: Nülgârt, Âsürïa
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Amyrakunejo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 am
The Mystic Cave background was in 1.3, so that's not going anywhere. However, we're not adding 63 blocks just to get a tileset that nobody really wants anyway.
*spits out coffee*

HOW many!? Goodness. (point taken)
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer

User avatar
Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am
Location: United States

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 am
The Mystic Cave background was in 1.3, so that's not going anywhere. However, we're not adding 63 blocks just to get a tileset that nobody really wants anyway.
I understand. I saw them still on the claims sheet so thought I would ask.
Amyrakunejo wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 am
Hoeloe wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 am
The Mystic Cave background was in 1.3, so that's not going anywhere. However, we're not adding 63 blocks just to get a tileset that nobody really wants anyway.
*spits out coffee*

HOW many!? Goodness. (point taken)
Yeah there is a lot of them. I understand nobody wants them. Plus we already have some in the game. I would like to see some new tile sets and on that we did just get a ice cave tile set and a background for it. Pretty cool.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Speaking of blocks is anyone working on the Triangle Blocks from SMW (preferably make them like the superior version in SMA4). Can't seem to find them on the list although the list is huge and word find doesn't work very well on a spreadsheet document. Of course they might also go under a different name which I am not aware of.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

User avatar
PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Posts: 6845
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:58 pm
Speaking of blocks is anyone working on the Triangle Blocks from SMW (preferably make them like the superior version in SMA4). Can't seem to find them on the list although the list is huge and word find doesn't work very well on a spreadsheet document. Of course they might also go under a different name which I am not aware of.
Probably don't have the capability of effectively managing them for basegame atm, though I could be wrong

User avatar
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:58 pm
Speaking of blocks is anyone working on the Triangle Blocks from SMW (preferably make them like the superior version in SMA4). Can't seem to find them on the list although the list is huge and word find doesn't work very well on a spreadsheet document. Of course they might also go under a different name which I am not aware of.
Probably don't have the capability of effectively managing them for basegame atm, though I could be wrong
So much for the complete Super Mario World experience in the future. Though it looks like when Beta 4 is finished most of the ghost house stuff will be added looking at the list except for fishing boos and eeries that move in a wave pattern. Wonder how easily one can code eeries to move in a wave pattern if they aren't available in beta 4?
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests