SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:01 am
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 pm
But how can you make a beta 4 contest without beta 4?
I meant after beta 4 was released in a way of celebrating the release of beta 4 with all the new features. Might also give some newcomers who aren't as experienced in Lunalua code to make some new and interesting levels since all the new stuff in beta 4 that hasn't been available to the public as of yet. Thinking about it how many level design contests were run using beta 3 because I can only think of a few of them with only one of them currently having an episode that goes with it and another having the levels made into an episode.
The contest you're thinking of is called MaGLX3.
Will it though cause from the looks of it they seem to want the contest to start sometime this year and looking at the spread sheet and all the stuff left unfinished on the to do list I doubt beta 4 is going to release this year. Although for beta 4 MaGLX4 does sound like a better fit since both have 4 in their title and beta 5 is probably going to take a few years to finish if not longer.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:22 pm

MaGLX3 is decidedly a Beta 4 contest. If it wasn't, it would've started a year ago.
Beta 5 will feature much less new content than Beta 4 does. You can't extrapolate accurate development lengths from a sample size of 1.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:57 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:22 pm
MaGLX3 is decidedly a Beta 4 contest. If it wasn't, it would've started a year ago.
Beta 5 will feature much less new content than Beta 4 does. You can't extrapolate accurate development lengths from a sample size of 1.
Looking through the MaGLX3 thread again I see your point since currently the thread is dead. Although seeing all these features that are going to end up in 2.0 it would be interesting seeing a vanilla level design contest of sorts for those familiar with the SMW hacking community. From what I've heard about Beta 5 it's going add new playable characters and bug-fix existing playable characters but is that really all Beta 5 is going to be about?
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:57 pm
Enjl wrote:
Looking through the MaGLX3 thread again I see your point since currently the thread is dead. Although seeing all these features that are going to end up in 2.0 it would be interesting seeing a vanilla level design contest of sorts for those familiar with the SMW hacking community. From what I've heard about Beta 5 it's going add new playable characters and bug-fix existing playable characters but is that really all Beta 5 is going to be about?
That's our roadmap. We'll see what makes it in when the time comes.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:31 am

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:57 pm
Enjl wrote:
Beta5 will probably have it's own to do list, some new npc's and some other new stuff. I don't think (I don't honestly know) it will just be only new playable characters although that seems to be the main priority as stated by Enjl and others and we really can't guess this early out as Beta4 is still a long ways off from being finished so maybe they will have most of the other stuff done. I read they will not have a lot of new world map stuff in Beta4 so who knows what they may decide to do for Beta5.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:55 am

So I have been wanting to ask. Now that we have DKC blast barrels made by Yoshi021 why does it seem like we only have some of them? I thought there was a lot more than just 4 barrels in DKC. (Up/Down barrel, Left to right barrel, multi changing barrel, ghost barrel, bonus barrel, diagonal barrels etc) Also are they just like the ones from the DKC games. I am really looking forward to using these and it would be disappointing if they were not the same or as good as the ones from the DKC games. I was just wondering since the Bomb Koopa also made by Yoshi feels incomplete from a video Enjl posted showing them in action.

Also who is double checking each finished NPC to make sure they are of high quality and finished before the release of Beta4?
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:05 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:55 am
So I have been wanting to ask. Now that we have DKC blast barrels made by Yoshi021 why does it seem like we only have some of them? I thought there was a lot more than just 4 barrels in DKC. (Up/Down barrel, Left to right barrel, multi changing barrel, ghost barrel, bonus barrel, diagonal barrels etc) Also are they just like the ones from the DKC games. I am really looking forward to using these and it would be disappointing if they were not the same or as good as the ones from the DKC games. I was just wondering since the Bomb Koopa also made by Yoshi feels incomplete from a video Enjl posted showing them in action.

Also who is double checking each finished NPC to make sure they are of high quality and finished before the release of Beta4?
Maybe the barrel types and direction can be can be configured within the barrel. Also, bonus barrels (assuming you are talking about the barrels that send you to a bonus area) don't seem like they are their own type (at least in terms of SMBX), and more like a normal barrel that sends you into a warp.

Also are the barrels finished. After seeing the bomb koopas, it doesn't seem like pipeline == finished.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 am

Pipeline, by terminology, means inserted and ready to go. Misuse of the term in a total of 4 of 200 NPCs could be the case, but assuming that a slipup like that now applies to every NPC is silly, especially after all the footage shown of the rest.

Quality control is everyone's job on the dev team. You can see how many actually do it in the NPC and Block Checklist tabs on the claims sheet.
That tab was made by Sturg on May 8th, refurbished by rockythechao near the end of may or start of june, and not touched since, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:17 pm

I think "pipeline" has been replaced with "code that runs and makes the NPC do at least something". I'm honestly kinda guilty of this too tbh...

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am

That's still only WIP...
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:57 am

Enjl wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am
That's still only WIP...
Yeah exactly

Haise
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Haise

Postby Haise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm

After I try to run the application for the game nothing happens, is there any way to fix it?

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:04 am

Haise wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm
After I try to run the application for the game nothing happens, is there any way to fix it?
Are you trying to run 1.3 or 2.0 Beta3?

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:13 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:04 am
Haise wrote:
Are you trying to run 1.3 or 2.0 Beta3?
He's obviously running 2.0
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:13 am

Haise wrote:
What are your PC specs?
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:52 am

I'm not sure who Sturg the butt is but since last week he has logged in a lot of hours on the spread sheet working on finalizing npc's by the looks of it and is still at it. Is he a member on here? Never seen him on here. I wanted to say thanks for all of the hard work he is doing.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki

Postby Cedur » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 am

Sturg is at codehaus, like the other dev. (it's actually news to me that he's also a dev tho).

And I really really don't understand why you don't visit codehaus

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 am

Cedur wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 am
Sturg is at codehaus, like the other dev. (it's actually news to me that he's also a dev tho).

And I really really don't understand why you don't visit codehaus
I just saw the Mag project thread that I briefly looked over before and realized Sturg was the one doing it. So maybe he is putting in a lot of hours helping out on Beta4 because he wants to get his project started? Anyways his work on Beta4 as with the REST of the team is much appreciated.

Surtur
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: School started. I'll not be very active until Dec.
Current Project: Surtur's Levels Showcase
Chat Username: You can't guess

Postby Surtur » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Finally I got a better computer! Now I can play this version without problems :)

I removed the BP letters from my username. Don't confuse! Also, I'm not the Surtur that makes levels in Geometry Dash. Again, don't confuse!

My SMBX Things (ordered from older to newer): show
I made a worldmap that you can use in your episode! Find it HERE.

You need sound effects from Super Mario Land 2? Here you go!

And if someone is wondering why that little text appears below the logo, it's because the page where I generated it, is called conversordeletras.com.

I support: show

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish mainly.

Westretroman
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Westretroman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:25 pm

surturBP__ wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Finally I got a better computer! Now I can play this version without problems :)
Nice! I hope you enjoy it.

Return to “General”