SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:25 pm

So I am not the only one with plans for them. Can not wait to see what your plans are.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

Spoiler: show

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:45 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:25 pm
So I am not the only one with plans for them. Can not wait to see what your plans are.
I forget if you were there when I talked about it several times on codehaus. Basically
-best of n matches options
-ways to customise the randomizer level selection
-randomize characters per round option, also with a customisable blacklist
-lives count customisation
-tournament mode
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Snowy_Desert
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: The Icy Pharaoh
Current Project: Funky no CGFX episode.
Chat Username: This is a mystery.

Postby Snowy_Desert » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Will it have an Online Battle Mode?
Signatures are boring, they doesn't do anything.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:45 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:25 pm
I forget if you were there when I talked about it several times on codehaus. Basically
-best of n matches options
-ways to customise the randomizer level selection
-randomize characters per round option, also with a customisable blacklist
-lives count customisation
-tournament mode
No, I was not the one sadly, but my idea was the name input which goes into the tournament mode. I would not see how Tournament Mode would work without online mode however, but it is nice that I agree with your idea full force from what I understand.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:07 pm

I wish for a ghost multiplayer mode where you can load up a ghost file with the level or you can record your own ghost. This can work in a battle mode.
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

NyanMC
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: NyanMC

Postby NyanMC » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Weird glitch: While the launcher normally loads the episode at the top of the list, I managed to get my episode on the top on the list by accident. Because the demo stages are normally at the top of the list, this somehow broke the entire launcher.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in dead memes as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Snowy_Desert wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm
Netplay is a whole different beast.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm
I would not see how Tournament Mode would work without online mode however
Couch multiplayer. Pass the controller.
GforGoomba wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:07 pm
I wish for a ghost multiplayer mode where you can load up a ghost file with the level or you can record your own ghost. This can work in a battle mode.
It absolutely can't work in battle mode because battle mode is interactive between the two players. It could work in the main game, but you'll probably have more luck seeing it as part of an episode first.
NyanMC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:39 pm
Weird glitch: While the launcher normally loads the episode at the top of the list, I managed to get my episode on the top on the list by accident. Because the demo stages are normally at the top of the list, this somehow broke the entire launcher.
I believe the order in which episodes appear on the launcher is dependent on the name of the episode folder. Capitalisation matters here, since capitalised ones are either before or after all uncapitalised ones. Whichever episode is at the top of the list doesn't matter.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.

NyanMC
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: NyanMC

Postby NyanMC » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm
NyanMC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:39 pm
I believe the order in which episodes appear on the launcher is dependent on the name of the episode folder. Capitalisation matters here, since capitalised ones are either before or after all uncapitalised ones. Whichever episode is at the top of the list doesn't matter.
What I meant was that getting my episode to the top of the list broke the launcher. I know it was the episode because both removing my episode from the folder and renaming it to move it's position would fix that glitch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe in dead memes as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Snowy_Desert wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm
Netplay is a whole different beast.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm
I would not see how Tournament Mode would work without online mode however
Couch multiplayer. Pass the controller.
GforGoomba wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:07 pm
It absolutely can't work in battle mode because battle mode is interactive between the two players. It could work in the main game, but you'll probably have more luck seeing it as part of an episode first.
Guess there goes any thoughts of battling CPUs and connecting with people online although what about having more than two players in battle since you could probably hook up multiple controllers to a computer.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm
what about having more than two players in battle since you could probably hook up multiple controllers to a computer.
There's a couple of things SMBX doesn't know how to deal with with player numbers greater than 2. Camera and respawning, for example. This kinda stuff would need to be worked out in order for extended multiplayer.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

pikapika200
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby pikapika200 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:19 am

help. i can only move up and down on the mao.

Added in 3 minutes 35 seconds:
help with touch bases in order.

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Will you add the bubble? When the opposing player dies, they can press SELECT to pop into the bubble.
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm
what about having more than two players in battle since you could probably hook up multiple controllers to a computer.
There's a couple of things SMBX doesn't know how to deal with with player numbers greater than 2. Camera and respawning, for example. This kinda stuff would need to be worked out in order for extended multiplayer.
I see, guess that means there will need to be many things worked out before more than two players can play at a time. Guess this is really the only thing Mari0 has which SMBX doesn't minus the portal stuff.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 am

So, will UB exploit (where when he grabs an item while using Leaf/Tanooki Suit, you can infinitely jump, and using any Yoshis with Leaf/Tanooki Suit will grants you infinite jumps) will be fixed in future updates?
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:49 am

1AmPlayer wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 am
So, will UB exploit (where when he grabs an item while using Leaf/Tanooki Suit, you can infinitely jump, and using any Yoshis with Leaf/Tanooki Suit will grants you infinite jumps) will be fixed in future updates?
I believe the idea of the Beta 5 Character Update has been mentioned a couple of times. It's reasonable to assume such issues will be adressed then. I forget if this one in particular has already been fixed though.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

Thessbmzocker
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Thessbmzocker

Postby Thessbmzocker » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 am

Seeing that blogpost, those power up filters are amazing! Now we dont need to put in generators if we intend the player to progress via a certain powerup and it also means players cant farm those powerups via the generators anymore, as you dont get it in the reserve box at the top of the screen and we can take that powerup away again so they cant just break the rest of the level/next levels depending on the type of powerup. Ive seen some episodes that were easy to break with that. For example one gave you that fire shoe to traverse some lava. in the next section it expected you to lose it so that the section after that would play normally, being a volcano erruption. If you didnt lose the shoe you totally broke that part by just standing on the lava and waiting for the end to arrive...

Are there filters for Yoshis too?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 am

Thessbmzocker wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 am
Seeing that blogpost, those power up filters are amazing! Now we dont need to put in generators if we intend the player to progress via a certain powerup and it also means players cant farm those powerups via the generators anymore, as you dont get it in the reserve box at the top of the screen and we can take that powerup away again so they cant just break the rest of the level/next levels depending on the type of powerup. Ive seen some episodes that were easy to break with that. For example one gave you that fire shoe to traverse some lava. in the next section it expected you to lose it so that the section after that would play normally, being a volcano erruption. If you didnt lose the shoe you totally broke that part by just standing on the lava and waiting for the end to arrive...

Are there filters for Yoshis too?
The mount filter covers all mounts, which means boots, yoshis and the clown car.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

Thessbmzocker
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Thessbmzocker

Postby Thessbmzocker » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:37 am

Enjl wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 am
The mount filter covers all mounts, which means boots, yoshis and the clown car.
Awesome! Is there also one that gives you a certain mount? Or just to take away whatever mount you currently have? In the video I only saw the mount and the held item disappear. Would be nice if the reverse was also possible, to give mounts/items
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:40 am

Thessbmzocker wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:37 am
Enjl wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 am
Awesome! Is there also one that gives you a certain mount? Or just to take away whatever mount you currently have? In the video I only saw the mount and the held item disappear. Would be nice if the reverse was also possible, to give mounts/items
Just put the mount in the level.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

vitzie629
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Postby vitzie629 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello everybody! This is my very first reply on my SMBX forum account!

Added in 2 minutes 22 seconds:
Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 am
It's been pretty quite around here. Looking at the "To Do" list it seems like nothing changes and the list is in the same place it was in months ago. So with the risk of everyone hating on me for bringing up the subject I have to ask.

What is the problem? Is the dev team suffering from burnout or just giving up? I know there is a lot to do and it's a big project but the project seems pretty much dead with no sign of life and if progress stays this slow we will never get Beta4. If you guys are giving up you should just give us an incomplete version. I know it won't be professional and not all of the npc's will have death effects or work properly but at least it's something.

I can't even check the "Development blog" right now without getting a privacy error that refuses to let me see the page. This needs to be fixed if the blog is still used.

We are all trying to be patient but we need to know at least some work or progress is being done or everyone will eventually lose interest and move on to other stuff. I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone or make anyone mad but it seems like smbx forums and 2.0 dev sheet is very quite right now as if the core member base are losing interest in the game. Just wondering what is going on.
Are you crazy? When SMBX2 beta 4 is still in development, it is not related to the fact that the SMBX2 beta 4 project can be cancelled just because SMBX2 has a lot of stuff that will be added.

Added in 3 hours 41 minutes 44 seconds:
For SMBX2 beta 5 or the SMBX2 full release, imagine if all of these blocks and background objects from SMB1 were added.
NOTE: This tileset image is credit to Shikaternia and Rage_quitter_98.

Return to “General”