SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Location: Surabaya,Indonesia
Chat Username: IAmPx
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:54 am

vitzie629 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm
For SMBX2 beta 5 or the SMBX2 full release, imagine if all of these blocks and background objects from SMB1 were added.
Image
NOTE: This tileset image is credit to Shikaternia and Rage_quitter_98.
Well, we already have SMB1 Expanded Tileset from Sednaiur, it could be used.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D
Image

vitzie629
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby vitzie629 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:49 am

1AmPlayer wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:54 am
vitzie629 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm
For SMBX2 beta 5 or the SMBX2 full release, imagine if all of these blocks and background objects from SMB1 were added.
Image
NOTE: This tileset image is credit to Shikaternia and Rage_quitter_98.
Well, we already have SMB1 Expanded Tileset from Sednaiur, it could be used.
Yes, correct!

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6556
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: -chan ^^

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am

We will not add these tiles because all they'd do is increase load times.
The only tiles we added without special functionality served to fill the gaps left in redigit's tilesets.
Block IDs 751-1000, Background IDs 751-1000, effect IDs 751-1000 and NPC IDs 751-1000 are reserved for per-episode or per-level custom graphics, so if you need 250 new blocks you can fill those slots for the level that needs them.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am
We will not add these tiles because all they'd do is increase load times.
The only tiles we added without special functionality served to fill the gaps left in redigit's tilesets.
Block IDs 751-1000, Background IDs 751-1000, effect IDs 751-1000 and NPC IDs 751-1000 are reserved for per-episode or per-level custom graphics, so if you need 250 new blocks you can fill those slots for the level that needs them.
So this is why you have dummy blocks, hm?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Cedur » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

These are not the same thing as dummy blocks (which only exist a few). From what I've heard these are supposed to be completely customizable entities, e.g. you'll be also able to customize the shape of these blocks to whatever you like.
Image

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm
These are not the same thing as dummy blocks (which only exist a few). From what I've heard these are supposed to be completely customizable entities, e.g. you'll be also able to customize the shape of these blocks to whatever you like.
Hm, I see. Is the shape dependent on the mask?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

User avatar
Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3611
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Location: Inverted Realm
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Electriking » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm
These are not the same thing as dummy blocks (which only exist a few). From what I've heard these are supposed to be completely customizable entities, e.g. you'll be also able to customize the shape of these blocks to whatever you like.
Hm, I see. Is the shape dependent on the mask?
Considering the use of PNGs, probably not. Will probably involve some Lua code.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Image
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Image
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6556
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: -chan ^^

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm
These are not the same thing as dummy blocks (which only exist a few). From what I've heard these are supposed to be completely customizable entities, e.g. you'll be also able to customize the shape of these blocks to whatever you like.
Hm, I see. Is the shape dependent on the mask?
Considering the use of PNGs, probably not. Will probably involve some Lua code.
Until we get block.txt, yes. One line per block ID I believe.
And yes they ARE actually just dummy blocks. But they're dummy blocks we on the dev team promise to never touch.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: That Yoshi nose above is bigger than my house!
Current Project: Jump up super star!
Location: Venezuela
Chat Username: You can't guess

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Surtur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 am

Westretroman wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:25 pm
surturBP__ wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Finally I got a better computer! Now I can play this version without problems :)
Nice! I hope you enjoy it.
A virus broke it :( I have to go back with my old one that only supports SMBX 1.3.0.1. But once I upgrade again, I will take care of it! At least I'm using PGE with 1.3.0.1.
Image
Image

I removed the BP letters from my username. Don't confuse! Also, I'm not the Surtur that makes levels in Geometry Dash. Again, don't confuse!

My SMBX Things (includes a collab project!): show
Image
Demo released!
That's the collab project, together with ThePieSkyHigh. Support us, suggest something, or say what we should improve! We read every criticism you have!



Image
And if someone is wondering why that little text appears below the logo, it's because the page where I generated it, is called conversordeletras.com.



I made a worldmap that you can use in your episode! Find it HERE.



You need sound effects from Super Mario Land 2? Here you go!

I support: show
Image

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish mainly.

User avatar
TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1129
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Surtur wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 am
Westretroman wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:25 pm
surturBP__ wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Finally I got a better computer! Now I can play this version without problems :)
Nice! I hope you enjoy it.
A virus broke it :( I have to go back with my old one that only supports SMBX 1.3.0.1. But once I upgrade again, I will take care of it! At least I'm using PGE with 1.3.0.1.
Unlucky man, are you sure it's completely broken? If you take it in to a repair shop for repairs, they could atleast attempt to fix whatever it is. Otherwise, it sounds like you just have a very expensive paperweight on your hands. Don't move too hastily though - if you buy a new laptop when your other one could have been fixed, it's going to be a waste of money. Good luck though!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

You mean your PC was infected by something? Or did you want to say it just affects the game and your antivirus messes up with it?
Image

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: That Yoshi nose above is bigger than my house!
Current Project: Jump up super star!
Location: Venezuela
Chat Username: You can't guess

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Surtur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm not so interested for fix it because may take many effort so I could wait until I have a new one.
Image
Image

I removed the BP letters from my username. Don't confuse! Also, I'm not the Surtur that makes levels in Geometry Dash. Again, don't confuse!

My SMBX Things (includes a collab project!): show
Image
Demo released!
That's the collab project, together with ThePieSkyHigh. Support us, suggest something, or say what we should improve! We read every criticism you have!



Image
And if someone is wondering why that little text appears below the logo, it's because the page where I generated it, is called conversordeletras.com.



I made a worldmap that you can use in your episode! Find it HERE.



You need sound effects from Super Mario Land 2? Here you go!

I support: show
Image

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish mainly.

User avatar
Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am
Location: United States

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
I noticed a few of the members have not been on the forums in a long time such as Sambo (March?) and SnoruntPyro (May 3rd). Pyro's last post was just saying "SMBX is dumb" so i'm not sure if she was joking or lost interest. I wonder if they are still working on the project? Anyways the "To do" list still has 26 not started projects but you can see almost every single npc enemy now has a death effect or is waiting on tech so they have made a lot of progress and several npc enemies have been pipe lined. Plus there was a development blog update last month so progress is definantly being made. I was worried that everyone was giving up on Beta4 but it looks like I was wrong. Good job everyone and keep up the hard work.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3159
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:02 am

Pyro has recently come back to the team at codehaus. Dunno about Sambo, he hasn't posted there for a month. The dev usergroup on the forums is also not completely up to date, e.g. Sturg and Waddle are not listed there
Image

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6556
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: -chan ^^

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Enjl » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:20 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 am
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
I noticed a few of the members have not been on the forums in a long time such as Sambo (March?) and SnoruntPyro (May 3rd). Pyro's last post was just saying "SMBX is dumb" so i'm not sure if she was joking or lost interest. I wonder if they are still working on the project? Anyways the "To do" list still has 26 not started projects but you can see almost every single npc enemy now has a death effect or is waiting on tech so they have made a lot of progress and several npc enemies have been pipe lined. Plus there was a development blog update last month so progress is definantly being made. I was worried that everyone was giving up on Beta4 but it looks like I was wrong. Good job everyone and keep up the hard work.
Didn't you say you'd only return if we ever did finish it? That hasn't happened yet. Go back to sleep please.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
The TODO list is not a good measure of how much is happening or how much is left to do. Some tasks are 5 minute jobs, some will take multiple people multiple days.

If you want a better idea of how things are going, all the development discussion is public on the Codehaus Discord server.

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby GforGoomba » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:13 pm

How do I make it so a custom counter counts how many coins you colleted that goes past 99?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

vitzie629
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby vitzie629 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 pm

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
You're right! SMBX2 beta 4 may be released until somewhere in 2019! So, I would pretty much expect it if SMBX2 beta 4 to be released in 2019.

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
Hoeloe wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am
TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
The TODO list is not a good measure of how much is happening or how much is left to do. Some tasks are 5 minute jobs, some will take multiple people multiple days.

If you want a better idea of how things are going, all the development discussion is public on the Codehaus Discord server.
You're right! TheTrueMarioMaster should look on smbx2-dev in the Codehaus Discord server to look at SMBX2 beta 4 development closely.

User avatar
GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:08 am
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Hoeloe? Did you delete a message?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests