SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:54 am

vitzie629 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm
For SMBX2 beta 5 or the SMBX2 full release, imagine if all of these blocks and background objects from SMB1 were added.
NOTE: This tileset image is credit to Shikaternia and Rage_quitter_98.
Well, we already have SMB1 Expanded Tileset from Sednaiur, it could be used.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D

vitzie629
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Postby vitzie629 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:49 am

1AmPlayer wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:54 am
vitzie629 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:41 pm
For SMBX2 beta 5 or the SMBX2 full release, imagine if all of these blocks and background objects from SMB1 were added.
NOTE: This tileset image is credit to Shikaternia and Rage_quitter_98.
Well, we already have SMB1 Expanded Tileset from Sednaiur, it could be used.
Yes, correct!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am

We will not add these tiles because all they'd do is increase load times.
The only tiles we added without special functionality served to fill the gaps left in redigit's tilesets.
Block IDs 751-1000, Background IDs 751-1000, effect IDs 751-1000 and NPC IDs 751-1000 are reserved for per-episode or per-level custom graphics, so if you need 250 new blocks you can fill those slots for the level that needs them.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am
We will not add these tiles because all they'd do is increase load times.
The only tiles we added without special functionality served to fill the gaps left in redigit's tilesets.
Block IDs 751-1000, Background IDs 751-1000, effect IDs 751-1000 and NPC IDs 751-1000 are reserved for per-episode or per-level custom graphics, so if you need 250 new blocks you can fill those slots for the level that needs them.
So this is why you have dummy blocks, hm?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Non mi avete fatto niente
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki

Postby Cedur » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

These are not the same thing as dummy blocks (which only exist a few). From what I've heard these are supposed to be completely customizable entities, e.g. you'll be also able to customize the shape of these blocks to whatever you like.

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm
These are not the same thing as dummy blocks (which only exist a few). From what I've heard these are supposed to be completely customizable entities, e.g. you'll be also able to customize the shape of these blocks to whatever you like.
Hm, I see. Is the shape dependent on the mask?
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.

Electriking
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here.
Current Project: Not Mushroom Kingdom Massacre ATM
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm
Cedur wrote:
Considering the use of PNGs, probably not. Will probably involve some Lua code.
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm
Cedur wrote:
Considering the use of PNGs, probably not. Will probably involve some Lua code.
Until we get block.txt, yes. One line per block ID I believe.
And yes they ARE actually just dummy blocks. But they're dummy blocks we on the dev team promise to never touch.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.

Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: That Yoshi nose above is bigger than my house!
Current Project: Jump up super star!
Chat Username: You can't guess

Postby Surtur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 am

Westretroman wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:25 pm
surturBP__ wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Finally I got a better computer! Now I can play this version without problems :)
Nice! I hope you enjoy it.
A virus broke it :( I have to go back with my old one that only supports SMBX 1.3.0.1. But once I upgrade again, I will take care of it! At least I'm using PGE with 1.3.0.1.

I removed the BP letters from my username. Don't confuse! Also, I'm not the Surtur that makes levels in Geometry Dash. Again, don't confuse!

My SMBX Things (includes a collab project!): show
Demo released!
That's the collab project, together with ThePieSkyHigh. Support us, suggest something, or say what we should improve! We read every criticism you have!

And if someone is wondering why that little text appears below the logo, it's because the page where I generated it, is called conversordeletras.com.

I made a worldmap that you can use in your episode! Find it HERE.

You need sound effects from Super Mario Land 2? Here you go!

I support: show

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish mainly.

TheTrueMarioMaster
Swooper
Swooper
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Surtur wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 am
Westretroman wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:25 pm
surturBP__ wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm
Finally I got a better computer! Now I can play this version without problems :)
Nice! I hope you enjoy it.
A virus broke it :( I have to go back with my old one that only supports SMBX 1.3.0.1. But once I upgrade again, I will take care of it! At least I'm using PGE with 1.3.0.1.
Unlucky man, are you sure it's completely broken? If you take it in to a repair shop for repairs, they could atleast attempt to fix whatever it is. Otherwise, it sounds like you just have a very expensive paperweight on your hands. Don't move too hastily though - if you buy a new laptop when your other one could have been fixed, it's going to be a waste of money. Good luck though!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

You mean your PC was infected by something? Or did you want to say it just affects the game and your antivirus messes up with it?

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
[ads]

Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: That Yoshi nose above is bigger than my house!
Current Project: Jump up super star!
Chat Username: You can't guess

Postby Surtur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm not so interested for fix it because may take many effort so I could wait until I have a new one.

I removed the BP letters from my username. Don't confuse! Also, I'm not the Surtur that makes levels in Geometry Dash. Again, don't confuse!

My SMBX Things (includes a collab project!): show
Demo released!
That's the collab project, together with ThePieSkyHigh. Support us, suggest something, or say what we should improve! We read every criticism you have!

And if someone is wondering why that little text appears below the logo, it's because the page where I generated it, is called conversordeletras.com.

I made a worldmap that you can use in your episode! Find it HERE.

You need sound effects from Super Mario Land 2? Here you go!

I support: show

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish mainly.

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Looking at the to do list I see that something that was done on the list before is now changed to WIP again. I don't know why I keep checking in on that project since I know Beta 4 is probably not going to be released until sometime next year since with how progress seems to be going it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.
I noticed a few of the members have not been on the forums in a long time such as Sambo (March?) and SnoruntPyro (May 3rd). Pyro's last post was just saying "SMBX is dumb" so i'm not sure if she was joking or lost interest. I wonder if they are still working on the project? Anyways the "To do" list still has 26 not started projects but you can see almost every single npc enemy now has a death effect or is waiting on tech so they have made a lot of progress and several npc enemies have been pipe lined. Plus there was a development blog update last month so progress is definantly being made. I was worried that everyone was giving up on Beta4 but it looks like I was wrong. Good job everyone and keep up the hard work.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby Cedur » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:02 am

Pyro has recently come back to the team at codehaus. Dunno about Sambo, he hasn't posted there for a month. The dev usergroup on the forums is also not completely up to date, e.g. Sturg and Waddle are not listed there

[ads]

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:20 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:21 am
I noticed a few of the members have not been on the forums in a long time such as Sambo (March?) and SnoruntPyro (May 3rd). Pyro's last post was just saying "SMBX is dumb" so i'm not sure if she was joking or lost interest. I wonder if they are still working on the project? Anyways the "To do" list still has 26 not started projects but you can see almost every single npc enemy now has a death effect or is waiting on tech so they have made a lot of progress and several npc enemies have been pipe lined. Plus there was a development blog update last month so progress is definantly being made. I was worried that everyone was giving up on Beta4 but it looks like I was wrong. Good job everyone and keep up the hard work.
Didn't you say you'd only return if we ever did finish it? That hasn't happened yet. Go back to sleep please.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am

The TODO list is not a good measure of how much is happening or how much is left to do. Some tasks are 5 minute jobs, some will take multiple people multiple days.

If you want a better idea of how things are going, all the development discussion is public on the Codehaus Discord server.

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby GforGoomba » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:13 pm

How do I make it so a custom counter counts how many coins you colleted that goes past 99?

vitzie629
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Postby vitzie629 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 pm

You're right! SMBX2 beta 4 may be released until somewhere in 2019! So, I would pretty much expect it if SMBX2 beta 4 to be released in 2019.

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
Hoeloe wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am
The TODO list is not a good measure of how much is happening or how much is left to do. Some tasks are 5 minute jobs, some will take multiple people multiple days.

If you want a better idea of how things are going, all the development discussion is public on the Codehaus Discord server.
You're right! TheTrueMarioMaster should look on smbx2-dev in the Codehaus Discord server to look at SMBX2 beta 4 development closely.

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Hoeloe? Did you delete a message?

Return to “General”