We need more unique episodes.

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: We need more unique episodes.

Postby Knux » Sat May 20, 2017 4:19 pm

months ago i wrote down a concept and basic overview of an SMBX episode idea, which has never been done before and is absolutely possible to create. the challenging aspect is executing it well, for if it's anything less than perfect it won't work.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Knux wrote:months ago i wrote down a concept and basic overview of an SMBX episode idea, which has never been done before and is absolutely possible to create. the challenging aspect is executing it well, for if it's anything less than perfect it won't work.
What was this concept?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Sat May 20, 2017 4:28 pm

HeroLinik wrote:
Knux wrote:months ago i wrote down a concept and basic overview of an SMBX episode idea, which has never been done before and is absolutely possible to create. the challenging aspect is executing it well, for if it's anything less than perfect it won't work.
What was this concept?
You'll only find out if I make something out of it. ;)

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Also, another thing I've noticed is the real lack of variety in most episodes' plots and playable characters. The plot is almost always just Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser with stars thrown in for no reason other than to have a plot, with them mostly just being threated as level exits rather than collectibles, and the playable characters are almost always just Mario and Luigi.
I had an idea: bowser getting kidnapped by someone random and so mario need to complete an incoherent succession of levels whiles defeating axolotls and activating teleporter with fruits to access randoms repetitives shit worlds but with awesome music from random fangames.

Also contain minecraft level.

I mean, this is the main idea for an episode I am doing. I am trying to uses original storylines unlike many, many, many unoriginal episodes.
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Postby DJFMHD » Sat May 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Suckerman7 GM wrote:Well, we need some Megaman-styled SMBX episodes where you can choose from 8 different bosses like the classics as you wish. I'm actually thinking of making one, but I think I'll make it in SMBX 2.0 if possible. (As you need Lunalua for the custom power-ups from the bosses like Megaman games.)

I have one right here viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12932. All you need to do is go in the 2.0 editor and add it a Mega Man switch
hey

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm

DJFMHD wrote:
Suckerman7 GM wrote:Well, we need some Megaman-styled SMBX episodes where you can choose from 8 different bosses like the classics as you wish. I'm actually thinking of making one, but I think I'll make it in SMBX 2.0 if possible. (As you need Lunalua for the custom power-ups from the bosses like Megaman games.)

I have one right here viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12932. All you need to do is go in the 2.0 editor and add it a Mega Man switch
Yeah, but I discovered some level disig were highly unadapted for megaman, like too big cliffes or other things that make the level unbeatable for megaman.
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat May 20, 2017 6:08 pm

That's because the episode wasn't made to be played as megaman.

Since the 2.0 chars work different than the original ones, the levels have to be build to be beatable with them. The best examples how to do that, are the example stages for them.

The creator of this was intentionally going for the allround way aka merio and lugi.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun May 21, 2017 9:50 am

How about something original for a very unique episode sample:

Instead of the usual "Mario & Luigi saves peach" common theme, how about a SMBX episode where Mario awakens from a deep sleep in the Mushroom Kingdom years later. But, everything was destroyed! And the entire Mushroom Kingdom has changed through out the years. Except, the newly revived "Mushroom Kingdom" has been renamed and becomes a beautiful utopia.

That's all I come up with atm

Megar
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Megar » Sun May 21, 2017 9:56 am

I fail to see how a minor plot difference makes it more unique
disgusting

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 am

Megar wrote:I fail to see how a minor plot difference makes it more unique
Exactly. You need to have more than an interesting plot to be unique.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun May 21, 2017 3:56 pm

I think an open world episode would be quite something. Basically it would be a metroidvania game or maybe one where you have like 1 huge world to explore and you have to explore the world and collect lots of stars in dungeons scattered around the world. When you have all (or a certain number) of the stars, then you can fight the final boss. This sort of episode could be something I do after SMWaW.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Electriking wrote:I think an open world episode would be quite something. Basically it would be a metroidvania game or maybe one where you have like 1 huge world to explore and you have to explore the world and collect lots of stars in dungeons scattered around the world. When you have all (or a certain number) of the stars, then you can fight the final boss. This sort of episode could be something I do after SMWaW.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2962

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun May 21, 2017 4:11 pm

glitch4 wrote:
Electriking wrote:I think an open world episode would be quite something. Basically it would be a metroidvania game or maybe one where you have like 1 huge world to explore and you have to explore the world and collect lots of stars in dungeons scattered around the world. When you have all (or a certain number) of the stars, then you can fight the final boss. This sort of episode could be something I do after SMWaW.
I guess I need to try it out, although it would be nice to see a more modern version that makes use of 2.0, also I think it would also be cool to have maybe dungeons like in Zelda, but I will check that episode out when I have time.

Also, is there an episode similar to TGCA/NGCA (where you are based in Bowser's castle) but with levels that work like in SM64 (or SM63)? Though maybe that would not be as unique.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DJFMHD » Sun May 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Electriking wrote:
glitch4 wrote:
I guess I need to try it out, although it would be nice to see a more modern version that makes use of 2.0, also I think it would also be cool to have maybe dungeons like in Zelda, but I will check that episode out when I have time.

Also, is there an episode similar to TGCA/NGCA (where you are based in Bowser's castle) but with levels that work like in SM64 (or SM63)? Though maybe that would not be as unique.
Just recreate it in smbx 2.0
hey

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sun May 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I actually had an idea of making an episode like this with one of my OCs

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DJFMHD » Sun May 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
Megar wrote:I fail to see how a minor plot difference makes it more unique
Exactly. You need to have more than an interesting plot to be unique.
I don't really play episodes for the game play I play it for the gameplay. Having Terrible a Story and Excellent gameplay is better than having a terrible gameplay but excellent story. (In my opinion)
hey

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sun May 21, 2017 4:57 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:

How about something original for a very unique episode sample:

Instead of the usual "Mario & Luigi saves peach" common theme, how about a SMBX episode where Mario awakens from a deep sleep in the Mushroom Kingdom years later. But, everything was destroyed! And the entire Mushroom Kingdom has changed through out the years. Except, the newly revived "Mushroom Kingdom" has been renamed and becomes a beautiful utopia.

That's all I come up with atm

You're kind of hung up on story as compared to actual level design, and a story dosesn't really do much to make the gameplay feel unique.
im a girl yo

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sun May 21, 2017 6:32 pm

You could do something like that but use the SMB2 subspace potions (as buggy as they can sometimes be) and travel between the old mushroom kingdom and the new utopia to progress, though I have no idea how fun that would actually be.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Mon May 22, 2017 3:07 am

HenryRichard wrote:You could do something like that but use the SMB2 subspace potions (as buggy as they can sometimes be) and travel between the old mushroom kingdom and the new utopia to progress, though I have no idea how fun that would actually be.
So basically like a Mario and Luigi game?

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TDK » Mon May 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Knux wrote:
HeroLinik wrote:
What was this concept?
You'll only find out if I make something out of it. ;)
So, never.

Return to “General”