How did you get into SMBX?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Re: How did you get into SMBX?

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Legend-tony980 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
HeroLinik wrote: I remember seeing that one! Wasn't that the one which was going to be the largest project ever, with 20 worlds and everything styled to SMB3? Good times...
I remember it having 500 levels (with a world map limmit of 400) and was the episode I looked forward to playing the most (besides wario and pandora's box) before I made my account. These two episodes had me checking the forums every day.
Ah yeah... I'm sorry about that. Yes, it was supposed to be a really large episode, with an original story about Mario and co. to save the Kingdom of Sea Side and its king who looks just like Mario from Bowser, Wart, the Koopa Troop and the 8-bits. It was in contrasts to others who always had the same plot back in the old days: "Bowser takes over the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario must save Princess Peach" and such. But I couldn't meet up to anyone's expectations due to 1.3's limits... and my lack of originality back then. I've made unfortunate regrettable mistakes back then as well and I ultimately cancelled the SMBX project. It was the right thing to do. :( But on the other hand, I will make sure Alternate Kingdom will be much better than what I worked on previously. Though I haven't been able to complete it in time because... welp, you know why. :roll: With SMBX 2.0 though, there's hope. :)

You know, I forgot to point out the one thing that led me to making Sea Side Adventure in late 2010 was due to my fascination to Sea Side, World 3 from Super Mario Bros. 3. I loved Water-type levels. And I was obsessed to design water levels in SMBX. But the lack of swimming ability and lack of water tiles I needed and wanted never made my day. But SMBX 1.2.0 Beta 4 gave me hope. But, I couldn't always have water levels though.
Well, I would love to record what you make since my expectations back then we're outstandingly high compared to everting else.

ImageImageImage

CD20Superness
Hoopster
Hoopster
Chat Username: CD20Superness

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:50 pm

I discovered it in 2011 but i dont know about the other parts
i'm a teenage boy who likes multitasking.

AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Italian that likes time travel
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486

Postby AndrewPixel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 am

SMBX was my second Mario game and I played it when I wasn't an expert of the Mario world. Anyway, my first editor was SMF, too, and I didn't understand SMBX editor mechanics, but I grow up and I understood them, so... YAY!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Switch Friend Code: SW-2755-4824-8495
[PGE Italian Translator]

Cetus808
Bit
Bit
Current Project: a bunch of levels

Postby Cetus808 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am

I think I discovered SMBX when I saw people talking about it at a Super Mario 63 forum. After I watched a few videos of the gameplay and level editor, I was convinced to try out the game myself and have never looked back since.

ShaolinTrunks
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Teen Trunks Adventures
Chat Username: ShaolinTrunks

Postby ShaolinTrunks » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:55 am

I discovered it in 2011. I saw someone make a level on YouTube. Then started making an episode. It was so noob compared to what can really be done now. I still have videos on YouTube lol to remind me to get better at smbx.
Thanks to the SMBX Community.

tyu
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Levels and episodes I might never finish.
Chat Username: tyu

Postby tyu » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Years ago, (about 2013-2014), I wanted to make my own Mario ROMhack. But I couldn't wrap my head around ASM quite well, so I found this and I tried to make an episode. I gave up, then came back to it, then gave up again, and came back to it. I want to try to finish my own project for the first time, so I'm trying to buckle down and finish the damn thing. Mostly lurked around the forums until recently though.
Spoiler: show
Did you expect there to be anything inside this spoiler?

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:36 pm

I found it while looking for some mario games in softonic when i was 7 or 9 years old.
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

ParmaJon
Rex
Rex
Current Project: that one thing

Postby ParmaJon » Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 am

It was either raocow or my former friend told me about it when I was first messing around with lunar magic, probably in like 2015?
Literally half my posts are shitposts
I do the youtubes

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Mon May 01, 2017 2:42 am

Well back on Redigit's, there was a feud between a different Mario fangame (that community has since died and revived into a shitfest) and I was apart of that old community. They invaded Redigit's and criticized Kyasarin and Luminous and throught that I discovered this fabulous community.

Oh, sidenote, I accidentally exposed that old community by saying who we were. I inadvertently started a forum war between SMF and SMBX. :D
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 am

>2009-2010
>be me
>be 10
>looking for mario level creator
>google "mario level creator"
>supermariobrothers.org
>see "SMBX" on the front page
>read through forums
>see new version coming out soon
>join forum under fake identity
>get banned
>still make levels
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

Ayush3008
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Ayush3008 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 am

I got into it so long ago, I don't even remember. I was playing 1.2 then after 1.3 was released I played it and now I just checked after a long time and saw 2.0

Ecruteak
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It's been...
Current Project: figuring out where pee is stored
Chat Username: phony calls

Postby Ecruteak » Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 pm

I was way into Super Mario 63 and Super Mario Flash as a kid, and it was only because of their level editors. I used them in conjunction with grid paper to make levels, and it was awesome. After a good while, I found out about SMBX 1.3.0.1, and that's basically all there is to my story.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Accounts
YouTube
Wattpad
Twitch
DeviantART
SMW Central (I'm not really active on this one)
AKA BombOS/ShyGuyOfMoonside/ShyGuyXP/ShyGuy37

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Back in 2009, I lurked MFGG and was looking for a better Mario editor than Super Mario 63 (which is a fine game but not exactly a classic Mario platformer, obviously), which I was part of the community of at the time. Redigit uploaded SMBX 1.1 to MFGG and I downloaded it, and had joined the forums by November 2009 or so.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

not rockythechao
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: A2XT2 and a few others

Postby not rockythechao » Wed May 03, 2017 5:45 pm

I first learned about it when looking up Mario fan games on Youtube, but it only really began to grab my attention when raocow started LPing episodes and the talkhaus started making stuff with it. Even then, after I found out something I wanted to make was beyond the scope of SMBX at the time I switched gears to making my own fangame framework in Unity called Moonpepper.

Once LunaLua became a thing, though, I gradually gave up on Moonpepper to focus on making helper libraries and stuff for the talkhaus' collab episodes.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

I do music, graphics, lua, birthdays, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, long walks on the beach, driving through the scenic countryside with my fabulous mutlicolored mustache flowing in the wind, living life on the edge and not playing by the rules, awkwardly standing in the corner of the room with my GBC during important company meetings, all my own stunts and baking cookies with criminally-high quantities of butter
Spinda wrote:gdi rocky
Waddle Derp wrote:rocky what the fuck
rockythechao wrote:gfdi me
Bread wrote:rocky
what did you do
ROCKY
Enjl wrote:you're walking a rocky road
Quantix wrote:jesus christ rocky
rockythechao wrote:the sin is indeed mine

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Postby DJFMHD » Thu May 11, 2017 5:01 pm

I used to play a lot of Mario flash game i eventually came across SMBX and i remember loving it. I was there for the invasion 2 and the level editor i did not even know how to add levels or graphics and i did not even think about it. But that was an old computer with no sound so I got rid of it. Then i got a laptop and forgot completely about it. Then i was play some kind of emulated Mario game then SMBX came to my mind. So i downloaded then i learned about maps and graphics and then eventually 1.4 and then 2.0.
hey

Return to “General”