Gimmicks from other games that that you wanna recreat in SMBX

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: levels?
Location: If i told you I ride polar bears would you really need to ask?
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Re: Gimmicks from other games that that you wanna recreat in SMBX

Postby WildWEEGEE » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Aeroy wrote:not sure if this counts as a gimmick, but i'd love to find a way to have music that seamlessly transitions depending on what area you're in. for example, you can have two tracks play simultaneously, but have one muted if you're in one area, and when you go to another, it reverses and sounds like the music is still going, but different instruments are playing instead.
Kinda like riding yoshi in the official Mario games?

Well I want to make some RPG type system with power ups where you unlock them after beating a boss then you would use the ability of that power up to get to a certain place unreachable before and the world would kinda be a Kirby and the amazing mirror type world
I believe in Nothing as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
I might not be as active anymore because of some personal issues so please understand that.

Electriking
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 am

WildWEEGEE wrote:Well I want to make some RPG type system with power ups where you unlock them after beating a boss then you would use the ability of that power up to get to a certain place unreachable before and the world would kinda be a Kirby and the amazing mirror type world
Probably doable if you use SMW stars trigger an event in the level that unlocks a room to the unlockable power-ups (although the star would have to be located in the same level to work).
Join my Discord server
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol
thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement
Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.
PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.
Literally me when I read that post lol
The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?
WARNING: Quill is in here: show

1AmPlayer
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx

Postby 1AmPlayer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:46 am

If i can do LUA (because i can't) i want to recreate the Geometry Dash's gravity portals.

I would also want a Geometry Dash playables, which is the mode where you can't stop, but you can switch directions, and when you get a sifferent power-up, it will do a different ability, such as Mushroom gives additional HP before dying, Fire Flower as the Ship that can fires projectile, Leaf as the UFO, Tanooki Suit as the Ball that can teleport like Spider when you press the Tanooki button, the Hammer Suit as the Robot that can shoot projectiles (again), and Ice Flower as Wave that when bumped into an enemy, they will get frozen, and the enemy gets hurt. As for the Swingcopters, i think it can be done when the Tanooki Suit is in the fastest speed.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:04 am

1AmPlayer wrote:If i can do LUA (because i can't) i want to recreate the Geometry Dash's gravity portals.

I would also want a Geometry Dash playables, which is the mode where you can't stop, but you can switch directions, and when you get a sifferent power-up, it will do a different ability, such as Mushroom gives additional HP before dying, Fire Flower as the Ship that can fires projectile, Leaf as the UFO, Tanooki Suit as the Ball that can teleport like Spider when you press the Tanooki button, the Hammer Suit as the Robot that can shoot projectiles (again), and Ice Flower as Wave that when bumped into an enemy, they will get frozen, and the enemy gets hurt. As for the Swingcopters, i think it can be done when the Tanooki Suit is in the fastest speed.
Gravity portals would be nice, or even a way of changing gravity direction based on a player input, portal, area (sort of like water and quicksand, you would have "gravity zones") or event. Perhaps you could change the strength of gravity, or disable it altogether? Maybe an option to say whether NPCs are affected by it or not? You could probably do some crazy levels with this, and I would definitely try doing it if I knew how to lua.
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
Spoiler: show
rockythechao wrote:Image

MarioRPGExpert93
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! :D
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 pm

BUMP TIME! ^^

This might be the "Randomish" gimmick I wanna recreate in SMBX... But I wanna recreate some of the gimmicks from the Ninja-base game franchise from Sega, Shinobi*! (Or "Shadow Dancer" if any of y'all live in Europe!)

*To be specific, I wanna recreate the action gameplay and difficulty of the arcade version! ;)

Mario RPGs I owned: 08/12

Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/11 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of $$$ until I get a new Windows 10 Laptop: $708.00
My Sprite Art
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. Hardcore 90's kid who's born in 93! 8-)

Return to “General”