With the addition of Snake in SMBX2, are there any good Metal Gear-themed episodes?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
IcarusBen
Bit
Bit

With the addition of Snake in SMBX2, are there any good Metal Gear-themed episodes?

Postby IcarusBen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:02 pm

The title is pretty comprehensive. I'm looking for levels and episodes that take advantage of Snake and his moveset, as well possibly incorporating the ideas included with his showcase in the SMBX2 demo levels. Are there any out there?
"I did not know you could arbitrarily declare yourself the boss of a certain food. I am now the boss of ham. " ~ John Pinette
March 23 1964 - April 5 2014
R.I.P.

Mable
Peach
Peach

Re: With the addition of Snake in SMBX2, are there any good Metal Gear-themed episodes?

Postby Mable » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Not at the moment.. in fact there haven't really been any for the X2 Chars the only ones rn are the tutorial ones.
This is mostly because most of them still undergo changes in upcoming versions of X2.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Re: With the addition of Snake in SMBX2, are there any good Metal Gear-themed episodes?

Postby Quill » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Yeah, a lot of SMBX2 characters are seeing changes throughout development, so it can be tricky to make a level around them as their mechanics might change later on. I'm sure once SMBX2 finishes, people will use the characters a lot more for their episodes.

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Radiance » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Quill wrote:I'm sure once SMBX2 finishes, people will use the characters a lot more for their episodes.
Not quite. Even there is already Link in 1.3, he is not much used in episodes. People commonly use Mario and Luigi, and sometimes Toad, for their episode.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Mr Briney wrote:
Quill wrote:I'm sure once SMBX2 finishes, people will use the characters a lot more for their episodes.
Not quite. Even there is already Link in 1.3, he is not much used in episodes. People commonly use Mario and Luigi, and sometimes Toad, for their episode.
I see him used a lot more than you'd expect. He's definitely the most underused character out of the original five for sure, but he definitely does get some love.

Danny
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Danny » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Usually when a character just gets released you wouldn't expect episodes made for/to be compatible with them for at least half a year at the most? I remember it was that way when Toad, Peach, and Link all had their respective releases back in the old days.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Dr Vivian
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Dr Vivian » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:08 am

I have a few Snake levels in the works. I actually thought of making a small Episode starring Snake.

Long story short, my main project is way too ambitious, my side project isn't as fun to work on as I thought it would be, and I wanted an actually short/simple Episode featuring one of the Beta 3 characters. Snake's kinda janky, but he's kinda fun to use in levels made for him. I just need a workaround to that C4 glitch (I'll look into it)

...and I'm not the biggest fan of his sprite. I'd love a sprite that looks more like his Twin Snakes or Brawl design, but my first attempt at it was atrocious.

Return to “General”