Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Super Luigi! » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:57 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:I want to download it, and be like, "Wow! Look at all this cool new stuff!"
I also want that feeling, although I also have it now. That's probably just how life is.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 am

Cedur wrote:It has been said a thousand times that there's no reason to wait for the game to be out of beta and it already provides a new experience nevertheless. All arguments of "I don't use it bc it's still beta" hold literally zero ground.
Spoiler: show
Image
No, seriously, though. I'm not saying your argument doesn't have merit, or is untrue, but just because something "has been said a thousand times" does not necessarily make it true. Where is your proof that "All arguments of "I don't use it bc it's still beta" hold literally zero ground"?

I know it already provides a new experience, but the way I look at it is that I can either have a 'chunk' of the newness now, and a chunk later, or I can have it all at one time (when it presumably comes out of beta).
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby The0x539 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:27 am

mariogeek2 wrote:I can either have a 'chunk' of the newness now, and a chunk later, or I can have it all at one time (when it presumably comes out of beta).
This is true of any given range of versions, though. There are no plans for SMBX2 development to conclude with 2.0.0. Why not wait until 2.1? 2.2?

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Cedur » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:50 am

mariogeek2 wrote:but just because something "has been said a thousand times" does not necessarily make it true
I perfectly know the fallacy and it holds in many cases but certainly not in this one. 2.0 being in beta (in fact, being labeled as beta, it's still a complete game) is not a spot of bother in any way, shape or form. You're just deciding to rob yourself the experience for a substantially silly reason. Not to mention that if you wait for the first non-beta version, you're gonna be slayed by a mass of new stuff; Beta 4 alone will come with hundreds of new NPCs. If you don't keep up with the novelties step by step, you'll have a harder time getting used to them.

But since the only person being harmed by this attitude is yourself, I'll leave you with that.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:12 pm

Cedur wrote:2.0 being in beta (in fact, being labeled as beta, it's still a complete game) is not a spot of bother in any way, shape or form. You're just deciding to rob yourself the experience for a substantially silly reason. Not to mention that if you wait for the first non-beta version, you're gonna be slayed by a mass of new stuff; Beta 4 alone will come with hundreds of new NPCs. If you don't keep up with the novelties step by step, you'll have a harder time getting used to them.
That's actually kind of one of the reasons I'm waiting. I'm the kind of person that tends to chew through content quickly. I have to force myself to wait for updates or new videos in a series, etc., to build up, because if I go through them as they release, I'm like "Seriously? That was it?" But putting it off seems to, not only provide so much to go through, but make it seem all that much sweeter.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

marioredesign
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:13 pm
Chat Username: xmariorun

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby marioredesign » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:22 pm

I DO! I am a bit lazzzy when it comes to updating stuff

and it takes like too much of my internet :lol: :)
Last edited by Quill on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:51 pm

come one! SMBX ver. 1 players!
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby The0x539 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:come one! SMBX ver. 1 players!
says the guy making an effort to draw an image with lunalua

User avatar
World Star 9
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:52 am
Current Project: None (I have no Ideas)

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby World Star 9 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:00 pm

When you are that guy who mainly uses 1.3 and does not want to learn LunaLua or download 2.0 or 1.4

Also known as me. >.<

I mainly don't want to get involved with 1.4 vs. 2.0 arguments which is why I stick to 1.3.
Also I'm too lazy to learn Lua.
"To weird or not to weird, that is the odd question" - Oddliam Weirdspeare

I'm on NSMBX forums too! Don't forget YouTube!: Image
Forever in repetition, the best adjective for the New Super Mario Bros. Series (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

I Support:
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:37 pm

World Star 9 wrote:When you are that guy who mainly uses 1.3 and does not want to learn LunaLua or download 2.0 or 1.4

Also known as me. >.<

I mainly don't want to get involved with 1.4 vs. 2.0 arguments which is why I stick to 1.3.
Also I'm too lazy to learn Lua.
Btw there are very few arguments that really come up anymore and you could honestly just ignore them if they do happen and enjoy the features they have. You don't even need to learn Lua to use SMBX2

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PopYoshi » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:40 pm

World Star 9 wrote:When you are that guy who mainly uses 1.3 and does not want to learn LunaLua or download 2.0 or 1.4

Also known as me. >.<

I mainly don't want to get involved with 1.4 vs. 2.0 arguments which is why I stick to 1.3.
Also I'm too lazy to learn Lua.
Honestly the "I don't want to get involved with Lua" isn't an excuse. You can easily play the 2.0 without know how to use Lua... and enjoy of what the people does for that version
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
l0g1c
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:23 pm
Current Project: keeping my sanity
Chat Username: l0g1c

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby l0g1c » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Just reading this topic has gotten me interested in smbx2, but I already started a project in 1.3. Will it carry over?
Really, doctor. Your constant use of ancient Earth vulgarities is quite illogical.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:59 pm

l0g1c wrote:Just reading this topic has gotten me interested in smbx2, but I already started a project in 1.3. Will it carry over?
Yes. SMBX2 has full support for 1.3 levels.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
Great_Papyrus123
Bit
Bit
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:26 pm
Current Project: Finishing mario odyssey
Chat Username: Great PapyrusYT
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Great_Papyrus123 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:40 pm

me
Image
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
someday i will get my fav ranks: show
ImageImageImage

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PopYoshi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Please avoid posts like that
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:51 pm
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Quill » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Please avoid posts like that
Image

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4953
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:14 am

please avoid posts like that
im bored

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 am

Quill wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Please avoid posts like that
Image
please avoid posts like that

Back on topic: there's really no reason to use 1.3 anymore (The only excuse I can come up with is if your computer doesn't support the stuff required to run 2.0, and if that's the case you should probably get a new computer) so I don't use it.
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PopYoshi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:54 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
Quill wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Please avoid posts like that
Image
please avoid posts like that

Back on topic: there's really no reason to use 1.3 anymore (The only excuse I can come up with is if your computer doesn't support the stuff required to run 2.0, and if that's the case you should probably get a new computer) so I don't use it.
Right now I'm thinking the same... everyone should use the 2.0 and leave the 1.3 in the past... maybe there's people who still uses that version but it's pointless...
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4207
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Electriking » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Even if you like the idea of getting lots of new stuff at once, it could be overwhelming to walk into the full version of 2.0 because there is like 1000 new NPCs and hundreds of new blocks, BGOs etc. that were not in 1.3.

And yeah, if your computer does not match the specs required for 2.0 then you are behind the times.
Signatures are overrated.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests