Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:23 am

Hani wrote:I use 1.3.0.1 because I'm too scared to use 2.0. That's because it's still in beta.
Despite being in beta, the game is very stable. The only reason it's in beta is just because features may change over time.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4970
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:42 pm

dae use 1.0???
im bored

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Super Luigi! » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 am

Hani wrote:I use 1.3.0.1 because I'm too scared to use 2.0. That's because it's still in beta.
Same here, although I'm more wary than scared. Once I know more about it, I'll give it a try.
Zha Hong Lang wrote:where are you 1.1.1 fam
That's the version that introduced me to SMBX. Perhaps I should find it again?
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby The0x539 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:15 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Once I know more about it
https://horikawaotane.com/smbx/blog/faq/

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:04 am

I still use the 1.3.0.1!

Honestly I don't feel interested in SMBX 2.0 or 1.4, I prefer the older versions (also I met this game at 1.3! I don't want to lose the nostalgia!)
Image

Image

My project:

Image

Blanq
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm
Chat Username: Blanq

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Blanq » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Ok so i just want to make a question here. What version should i download? 1.3 1.4 or 2.0?

Or should i just download all of them for the sake of playing a lot of levels without problem?

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Flair: Something you want everyone to see!
Current Project: Code Name: Temple of Despair
Chat Username: xDestroy#5503
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby xDestroy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Blanq wrote:Ok so i just want to make a question here. What version should i download? 1.3 1.4 or 2.0?

Or should i just download all of them for the sake of playing a lot of levels without problem?
I recommend 2.0, but its up to you and your preference. I use 2.0 but i like 1.3 because of its editor, and 1.4 because it has editional features, however has a poor engine.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby The0x539 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Blanq wrote:Or should i just download all of them for the sake of playing a lot of levels without problem?
SMBX2 supports 1.3 levels as well as, if not better than, 1.3 does.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4309
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Electriking » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Blanq wrote:Ok so i just want to make a question here. What version should i download? 1.3 1.4 or 2.0?

Or should i just download all of them for the sake of playing a lot of levels without problem?
Get 1.4 and 2.0. That would give you access to most episodes, 1.4 for the 1.4 episodes and 2.0 for 2.0 and 1.3 and earlier episodes (Some 1.3.0.2 episodes may not work in 2.0 because of their use of dummy NPCs but if you are willing to, LunaLua will fix that issue). 2.0 has a better editor than the other versions (though you can get that editor separately for 1.3 also), fixes bugs in 1.3 and runs better than 1.3. 1.4 actually has more bugs than 1.3 but it is also a completely separate engine from 1.3 and 2.0 and 1.4 episodes won't work with 2.0 (atm at least).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

UbuntuJackson
Rex
Rex
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:43 am
Chat Username: UbuntuJackson

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby UbuntuJackson » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm using 1.3.0.1 for the purpose of speedrunning. I'm gonna try and explain a difference when it comes to the characters. In The Invasion 2 AllStars% you're using toad. With toad you wanna hold the tanooki-suit. When switching character, Mario for example, he will not be in power-up state and can hold two extra power-ups such as the hammer-suit that are used to brake grey blocks and kill the harder bosses of the episode such as Wart and Final Bowser.
I'n 2.0, when you switch character, that character will still have the former characters power-up, witch means that makes the run slower and you'll have to go back and forth to grab a new power-up when needed, and that's not what you wanna do in a speedrun.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:34 pm

UbuntuJackson wrote: I'n 2.0, when you switch character, that character will still have the former characters power-up, witch means that makes the run slower and you'll have to go back and forth to grab a new power-up when needed, and that's not what you wanna do in a speedrun.
This is only the case on the world map, and then only due to a bug caused by some missing features in the LunaLua core. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

User avatar
Enderfan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:51 am
Flair: ★The Master of Dimensions★
Current Project: Who knows? I don't have access to a pc with SMBX atm...

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Enderfan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:46 am

idk why but I do
Well, looks like there's nothing to see here.
Just turn around and pretend you didn't waste those precious seconds of your life.

User avatar
1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby 1AmPlayer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 am

I used it to create levels actually.
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D
Image

User avatar
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:50 pm

For me it was pretty much short lived because of 2.0!

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Super Luigi! » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:39 am

I still think 1.3 is the greatest version of our generation. Naturally, however, our children shall inherit 2.0.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4855
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:I still think 1.3 is the greatest version of our generation
not true, because 2.0 surpasses 1.3.0.1 already if that isn't trivial enough.

The statement was truthful until 2.0 was a thing, which isn't a surprise because the newest version is always supposed to be the best and most proficient.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby PopYoshi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Cedur wrote:
Super Luigi! wrote:I still think 1.3 is the greatest version of our generation
not true, because 2.0 surpasses 1.3.0.1 already if that isn't trivial enough.

The statement was truthful until 2.0 was a thing, which isn't a surprise because the newest version is always supposed to be the best and most proficient.
I think he's saying that is the most memorable... or something like that. I mean... many of us probably met SMBX for the 1.3 version
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Cedur wrote:
Super Luigi! wrote:I still think 1.3 is the greatest version of our generation
not true, because 2.0 surpasses 1.3.0.1 already if that isn't trivial enough.

The statement was truthful until 2.0 was a thing, which isn't a surprise because the newest version is always supposed to be the best and most proficient.
I think he's saying that is the most memorable... or something like that. I mean... many of us probably met SMBX for the 1.3 version
SMBX 1.3 is probably the most memorable (at least to me) because of how long we had it. I could be wrong, but I think 1.3 is the version we had for the longest time before a new version came out.
SuperLuigi wrote:
Hani wrote:I use 1.3.0.1 because I'm too scared to use 2.0. That's because it's still in beta.
Same here, although I'm more wary than scared. Once I know more about it, I'll give it a try.
Eh, for me, it's not really about being wary of it. More of just... waiting for it to be finished, I guess. I'm trying to wait until it's no longer in 'beta'. I want to download it, and be like, "Wow! Look at all this cool new stuff!"
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4855
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Cedur » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:57 pm

It has been said a thousand times that there's no reason to wait for the game to be out of beta and it already provides a new experience nevertheless. All arguments of "I don't use it bc it's still beta" hold literally zero ground.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4309
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Who still uses SMBX 1.3.0.1

Postby Electriking » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Cedur wrote:It has been said a thousand times that there's no reason to wait for the game to be out of beta and it already provides a new experience nevertheless. All arguments of "I don't use it bc it's still beta" hold literally zero ground.
Too bad that this will still not convince some to try it out.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests