What does attract you of SMBX?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:08 am

Is there a especific reason why until today you still playing SMBX? (ignoring the fact that you belong to the forum)

I personally feel attracted because since I'm a Mario fan I always wanted to create my own Mario levels or my own videogame, and SMBX was the best option, it makes me feel nostalgic when I rebember those days when I first discovered SMBX

My project:

FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:12 am

I was looking at random Super Mario fan games in the past, and saw a few videos on SMBX

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 pm

When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.

I grew tired of the community in 2013 and didn't do much with SMBX after that, but recently I've gotten more interested since SMBX2. it's an amazing addition to the base game that even sparks some of the wonder which first drew me to SMBX, and its developers are some of the coolest people I know.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Postby DJFMHD » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 pm

The level editor
hey

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.

I grew tired of the community in 2013 and didn't do much with SMBX after that, but recently I've gotten more interested since SMBX2. it's an amazing addition to the base game that even sparks some of the wonder which first drew me to SMBX, and its developers are some of the coolest people I know.
That's like I met SMBX but I met it in 2011 (I guess) and it was on his version 1.3. Thank you SMF and SMF2

BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4

My project:

Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:51 pm

I always wanted to create my own mario levels because I never grew to old for this game and after research SMBX and one other editor was all I could find. The other editor was full of bugs and crashes and rather limited so I tried this one but found it to be also limiting but it had much more potential. Then came Mario Maker for the WiiU which looked amazing and had so much potential but again it turned out to be limited with stuff like NPC's etc and the DLC offers little more content so I come back to check these forums once in awhile for updates and found out that people found a way to edit the game and add more stuff and 2.0 was in the works. What I wanted most was more NPC's so this is looking amazing.

2.0 should be amazing. You are never to old to love Mario or my favorite games of all time, the Donkey Kong series.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Probably, the endless amount of episodes and levels to play and download, and the huge versatility of the editor.
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: Something you want everyone to see!
Current Project: Code Name: Temple of Despair
Chat Username: xDestroy#5503

Postby xDestroy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

That's like I met SMBX but I met it in 2011 (I guess) and it was on his version 1.3. Thank you SMF and SMF2

BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
same but insted of 2011 i did it in 2012
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 pm

the potential of possiblities it gives
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 pm

arcade999 wrote:the potential of possiblities it gives
Same here, it's also fun see what does other people is planning for their projects (damn I miss my project :shock: )
Teemster2 wrote:I always wanted to create my own mario levels because I never grew to old for this game and after research SMBX and one other editor was all I could find. The other editor was full of bugs and crashes and rather limited so I tried this one but found it to be also limiting but it had much more potential. Then came Mario Maker for the WiiU which looked amazing and had so much potential but again it turned out to be limited with stuff like NPC's etc and the DLC offers little more content so I come back to check these forums once in awhile for updates and found out that people found a way to edit the game and add more stuff and 2.0 was in the works. What I wanted most was more NPC's so this is looking amazing.

2.0 should be amazing. You are never to old to love Mario or my favorite games of all time, the Donkey Kong series.
Your words makes the yellow Pop Yoshi cry
Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.
Meh, I don't care, also I never felt interested for Lua. I'm okay doing the old levels (maybe someday I'll give it a try but for now I'll keep the tradition)
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:Probably, the endless amount of episodes and levels to play and download, and the huge versatility of the editor.
If weren't for the editor SMBX probably would be totally ignored. Thank you editor!

My project:

AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Italian that likes time travel
Current Project: ???
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486

Postby AndrewPixel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 am

Everything: the editor, the 16bit gfx, the forum, the episodes, and the thing that everyone can be a "game developer" and make his own adventure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Switch Friend Code: SW-2755-4824-8495
[PGE Italian Translator] [I make logos for your episodes, ask me via Discord or PM]

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Meh, I don't care, also I never felt interested for Lua. I'm okay doing the old levels (maybe someday I'll give it a try but for now I'll keep the tradition)
There's really no reason not to switch to 2.0, it's basically 1.3 but with more stuff (New characters, NPCs, blocks etc. that don't require any sort of coding to use) and it'll pretty much be the standard version the community will be using for levels and episodes. Plus, you even get PGE, which is a lot better than the Legacy Editor (You can even change the UI to look more like the legacy editor) so there's really no reason not to get it.

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 am

The level editor
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:36 am

the joke levels
also the ability that some people have to make a level that is so much shitty, you cant even comprehend what went on in the authors head in the process of creating it
im bored

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote: SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.
There's really no reason not to switch to 2.0, it's basically 1.3 but with more stuff (New characters, NPCs, blocks etc. that don't require any sort of coding to use) and it'll pretty much be the standard version the community will be using for levels and episodes. Plus, you even get PGE, which is a lot better than the Legacy Editor (You can even change the UI to look more like the legacy editor) so there's really no reason not to get it.
And that's what I did. I'm using PGE since my screen got damaged, and the damaged part is not visible so I can't see the complete legacy editor (and if I resize the legacy editor then it doesn't work correctly)

Thank You Wohlstand!

My project:

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:I personally feel attracted because since I'm a Mario fan I always wanted to create my own Mario levels or my own videogame, and SMBX was the best option, it makes me feel nostalgic when I rebember those days when I first discovered SMBX

This sums it up for me. Although I took a break after finishing my third game (and all three are still here, in case you're interested), I'm now planning a fourth. It will probably have a title like, "Super Luigi World!" or something like that. Don't expect it anytime soon, but something will certainly happen.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:I personally feel attracted because since I'm a Mario fan I always wanted to create my own Mario levels or my own videogame, and SMBX was the best option, it makes me feel nostalgic when I rebember those days when I first discovered SMBX

This sums it up for me. Although I took a break after finishing my third game (and all three are still here, in case you're interested), I'm now planning a fourth. It will probably have a title like, "Super Luigi World!" or something like that. Don't expect it anytime soon, but something will certainly happen.
What are these games you are talking about?

My project:

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:What are these games you are talking about?
His SMBX episodes. Some people refer to episodes as games, which is fair since the concept of episodes doesn't exist outside SMBX.

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Postby Super Luigi! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:What are these games you are talking about?
His SMBX episodes.
Zha Hong Lang basically explained it. If you're interested, Pop Yoshi Bros, check out the Episodes forum. Mine are on page 16 and 13. Also, I tagged you both to avoid talking about you behind your backs.
Projects I support:
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

Return to “General”