What does attract you of SMBX?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:08 am

Is there a especific reason why until today you still playing SMBX? (ignoring the fact that you belong to the forum)

I personally feel attracted because since I'm a Mario fan I always wanted to create my own Mario levels or my own videogame, and SMBX was the best option, it makes me feel nostalgic when I rebember those days when I first discovered SMBX
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4985
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:12 am

I was looking at random Super Mario fan games in the past, and saw a few videos on SMBX

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 pm

When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.

I grew tired of the community in 2013 and didn't do much with SMBX after that, but recently I've gotten more interested since SMBX2. it's an amazing addition to the base game that even sparks some of the wonder which first drew me to SMBX, and its developers are some of the coolest people I know.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 pm
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby DJFMHD » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 pm

The level editor
hey

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.

I grew tired of the community in 2013 and didn't do much with SMBX after that, but recently I've gotten more interested since SMBX2. it's an amazing addition to the base game that even sparks some of the wonder which first drew me to SMBX, and its developers are some of the coolest people I know.
That's like I met SMBX but I met it in 2011 (I guess) and it was on his version 1.3. Thank you SMF and SMF2

BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:51 pm

I always wanted to create my own mario levels because I never grew to old for this game and after research SMBX and one other editor was all I could find. The other editor was full of bugs and crashes and rather limited so I tried this one but found it to be also limiting but it had much more potential. Then came Mario Maker for the WiiU which looked amazing and had so much potential but again it turned out to be limited with stuff like NPC's etc and the DLC offers little more content so I come back to check these forums once in awhile for updates and found out that people found a way to edit the game and add more stuff and 2.0 was in the works. What I wanted most was more NPC's so this is looking amazing.

2.0 should be amazing. You are never to old to love Mario or my favorite games of all time, the Donkey Kong series.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Oshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Probably, the endless amount of episodes and levels to play and download, and the huge versatility of the editor.
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Flair: Something you want everyone to see!
Current Project: Code Name: Temple of Despair
Chat Username: xDestroy#5503
Contact:

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby xDestroy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.

I grew tired of the community in 2013 and didn't do much with SMBX after that, but recently I've gotten more interested since SMBX2. it's an amazing addition to the base game that even sparks some of the wonder which first drew me to SMBX, and its developers are some of the coolest people I know.
That's like I met SMBX but I met it in 2011 (I guess) and it was on his version 1.3. Thank you SMF and SMF2

BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
same but insted of 2011 i did it in 2012
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature!
Best Quotes from SMBX: show
Nien wrote:oh wow someone posted a webcomic in the art board oh wow it's garbage who would've thought
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Nien wrote:nice, now my eyes can bleed in high definition
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby arcade999 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 pm

the potential of possiblities it gives
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 pm

arcade999 wrote:the potential of possiblities it gives
Same here, it's also fun see what does other people is planning for their projects (damn I miss my project :shock: )
Teemster2 wrote:I always wanted to create my own mario levels because I never grew to old for this game and after research SMBX and one other editor was all I could find. The other editor was full of bugs and crashes and rather limited so I tried this one but found it to be also limiting but it had much more potential. Then came Mario Maker for the WiiU which looked amazing and had so much potential but again it turned out to be limited with stuff like NPC's etc and the DLC offers little more content so I come back to check these forums once in awhile for updates and found out that people found a way to edit the game and add more stuff and 2.0 was in the works. What I wanted most was more NPC's so this is looking amazing.

2.0 should be amazing. You are never to old to love Mario or my favorite games of all time, the Donkey Kong series.
Your words makes the yellow Pop Yoshi cry
Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.
Meh, I don't care, also I never felt interested for Lua. I'm okay doing the old levels (maybe someday I'll give it a try but for now I'll keep the tradition)
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:Probably, the endless amount of episodes and levels to play and download, and the huge versatility of the editor.
If weren't for the editor SMBX probably would be totally ignored. Thank you editor!
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:07 am
Flair: The Italian that likes time travel
Current Project: ???
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486
Contact:

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby AndrewPixel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 am

Everything: the editor, the 16bit gfx, the forum, the episodes, and the thing that everyone can be a "game developer" and make his own adventure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Switch Friend Code: SW-2755-4824-8495
[PGE Italian Translator] [I make logos for your episodes, ask me via Discord or PM]

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:BTW I don't feel attracted to SMBX2, it's cool but I don't care for it just like the 1.4
SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.
Meh, I don't care, also I never felt interested for Lua. I'm okay doing the old levels (maybe someday I'll give it a try but for now I'll keep the tradition)
There's really no reason not to switch to 2.0, it's basically 1.3 but with more stuff (New characters, NPCs, blocks etc. that don't require any sort of coding to use) and it'll pretty much be the standard version the community will be using for levels and episodes. Plus, you even get PGE, which is a lot better than the Legacy Editor (You can even change the UI to look more like the legacy editor) so there's really no reason not to get it.
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4269
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Electriking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 am

The level editor
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4969
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:36 am

the joke levels
also the ability that some people have to make a level that is so much shitty, you cant even comprehend what went on in the authors head in the process of creating it
im bored

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Zha Hong Lang wrote: SMBX2 gains a lot of value once you learn how to make elements for yourself with Lua. The design opportunities no longer are endless, but actually feel endless.
Meh, I don't care, also I never felt interested for Lua. I'm okay doing the old levels (maybe someday I'll give it a try but for now I'll keep the tradition)
There's really no reason not to switch to 2.0, it's basically 1.3 but with more stuff (New characters, NPCs, blocks etc. that don't require any sort of coding to use) and it'll pretty much be the standard version the community will be using for levels and episodes. Plus, you even get PGE, which is a lot better than the Legacy Editor (You can even change the UI to look more like the legacy editor) so there's really no reason not to get it.
And that's what I did. I'm using PGE since my screen got damaged, and the damaged part is not visible so I can't see the complete legacy editor (and if I resize the legacy editor then it doesn't work correctly)

Thank You Wohlstand!
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Super Luigi! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:I personally feel attracted because since I'm a Mario fan I always wanted to create my own Mario levels or my own videogame, and SMBX was the best option, it makes me feel nostalgic when I rebember those days when I first discovered SMBX
Zha Hong Lang wrote:When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.
This sums it up for me. Although I took a break after finishing my third game (and all three are still here, in case you're interested), I'm now planning a fourth. It will probably have a title like, "Super Luigi World!" or something like that. Don't expect it anytime soon, but something will certainly happen.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:I personally feel attracted because since I'm a Mario fan I always wanted to create my own Mario levels or my own videogame, and SMBX was the best option, it makes me feel nostalgic when I rebember those days when I first discovered SMBX
Zha Hong Lang wrote:When I was ten years old, I loved playing super mario flash games. I'd go to various different sites and play the games avaliable on there, and one of the sites I encountered was supermariobrothers.org.

I first discovered it in may, but I soon forgot about it and didn't remember it again until august, when SMBX had already been released and was on version 1.1.1, at that time the game came with The Invasion, The Princess Cliche, and The Great Castle Adventure. Finding out that there weren't just three episodes, but a whole editor that came with the game was absolutely amazing. I later joined the forum on supermariobrothers.org, and the rest is history.
This sums it up for me. Although I took a break after finishing my third game (and all three are still here, in case you're interested), I'm now planning a fourth. It will probably have a title like, "Super Luigi World!" or something like that. Don't expect it anytime soon, but something will certainly happen.
What are these games you are talking about?
Image

Image

My project:

Image

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:What are these games you are talking about?
His SMBX episodes. Some people refer to episodes as games, which is fair since the concept of episodes doesn't exist outside SMBX.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: What does attract you of SMBX?

Postby Super Luigi! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:What are these games you are talking about?
His SMBX episodes.
Zha Hong Lang basically explained it. If you're interested, Pop Yoshi Bros, check out the Episodes forum. Mine are on page 16 and 13. Also, I tagged you both to avoid talking about you behind your backs.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest