Please Don't Use SMBX 38A - Here's Why

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Please Don't Use SMBX 38A - Here's Why

Postby Waddle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:57 am

That is not only irrelevant to the topic, you also need to drop the attitude. If this topic can’t get back on track in the form of actual discussion, I’m locking it.

Catskart
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Catskart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 am

Waddle Derp wrote:That is not only irrelevant to the topic, you also need to drop the attitude. If this topic can’t get back on track in the form of actual discussion, I’m locking it.
Yep, it seems irrelevant, but I just want to show the bad faith of this kind of member of 2.0 community who think that his opinion are superior and they are always right, who never recognize his faults.
Yes, you can lock it and I'll stop to debate, because I feel that discussion will be a dialogue of the deaf again.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 am

Waddle Derp wrote:That is not only irrelevant to the topic, you also need to drop the attitude. If this topic can’t get back on track in the form of actual discussion, I’m locking it.
Idk it looked pretty relevant in the sense that it highlights weirdness in FanofSMBX's arguing. Attitude aside (OP's attitude was more offputting than Catskart's btw IMO), it does seem weird to me why he would promote smbx2 at all with this backstory to his stance on mario fan creations.
The ABC of Creation

OlieGamerTV
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby OlieGamerTV » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 am

i seem to see that as relevent, and nintendo do seem to hate alot of fan games, but SMBX has been the one to last the longest so far.
My Projects
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 am

tbh I don't think this topic should even exist. And Catskart's arguments are actually pretty valid imo.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:35 pm

There's legitimate reasons to discuss not using particular editors with attitudes set aside. Saying the 38A dev is a jerk, SMBX2 devs are jerks, or both are jerks doesn't hold any weight when discussing software use. Again, 38A should just be encouraged to make the project open source so that issues go away instead of hoping people will switch on their own by reading this stuff when they're already used to a particular editor.

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:00 am

GhostHawk wrote:Saying the 38A dev is a jerk doesn't hold any weight when discussing software use.
The only slightly relevant point is that the 38A dev's stubbornness directly affects how the engine develops, anywhere from refusing to fix bugs to outright removing features out of spite, which can cause problems for thise attempting to develop with the engine.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:30 pm

That's why he needs to be urged to make it open source so that the engine doesn't depend on his particular personality flaws. Keeping it locked down and using that against 38A's community is enabling that behavior. That's an important factor to consider before using anyone's software.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Was the production of 38A easy? Maybe someone could create a new version of 38A, perhaps 38B? 76A?
But then again, 2.0 is all we really need. If the developer of 38A wasn't such a jerk, then maybe both versions would be widely used.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Was the production of 38A easy? Maybe someone could create a new version of 38A, perhaps 38B? 76A?
But then again, 2.0 is all we really need. If the developer of 38A wasn't such a jerk, then maybe both versions would be widely used.
A lot of Spanish people use 38A and videos related to the 38A's engine like levels or scripts are very popular compared to 2.0 but I hope 2.0 gets that kind of popularity soon.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:20 pm

It should, considering the full release could be closer than ever. Just don't get why there are two different versions of basically the same game that are being developed differently. 38A shouldn't be called SMBX to distinguish it from the actual SMBX engine.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: shut the fuck up
Current Project: shut the fuck up
Chat Username: BALLS

Postby xDestroy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:01 pm

3&A is a Trojan virus, end of story.
no

KesterTank
Banned

Postby KesterTank » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:59 am

Eri7 wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:Was the production of 38A easy? Maybe someone could create a new version of 38A, perhaps 38B? 76A?
A lot of Spanish people use 38A and videos related to the 38A's engine like levels or scripts are very popular compared to 2.0 but I hope 2.0 gets that kind of popularity soon.
Also a lot of people in youtube go literally steal gfx and plagiarise to order get views and subs in the 38A community.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:19 am

KesterTank wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
Also a lot of people in youtube go literally steal gfx and plagiarise to order get views and subs in the 38A community.
Yeah , a Spanish person stole one of my levels and changed it a bit only to get a lot of views because of my hard work...
Here is the level : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIdPBIp8dnw , it has 17k views

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:16 am

Eri7 wrote:
KesterTank wrote:
Eri7 wrote: A lot of Spanish people use 38A and videos related to the 38A's engine like levels or scripts are very popular compared to 2.0 but I hope 2.0 gets that kind of popularity soon.
Yeah , a Spanish person stole one of my levels and changed it a bit only to get a lot of views because of my hard work...
Here is the level : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIdPBIp8dnw , it has 17k views
Did he claim it as his own?

And don't forget superbird111, who is making bootleg TGE sequels in 1.4, as well as TI.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 am

I played superbird's TGE7 Worlds 1-3 and so far none of the levels are stolen, only the series' name is. The levels themselves are about what you'd expect from every generic episode ever. Nothing remotely comparable to slightly editing someone's level and releasing as their own, though. Looking at you, 1-1 remakes.
The ABC of Creation

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:08 am

Electriking wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
KesterTank wrote: Also a lot of people in youtube go literally steal gfx and plagiarise to order get views and subs in the 38A community.
Did he claim it as his own?

And don't forget superbird111, who is making bootleg TGE sequels in 1.4, as well as TI.
He never asked me if he can use the level and he hasn't given me any credits regarding the level so of course that means he claimed it as his own.

KesterTank
Banned

Postby KesterTank » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Enjl wrote:I played superbird's TGE7 Worlds 1-3 and so far none of the levels are stolen, only the series' name is. The levels themselves are about what you'd expect from every generic episode ever. Nothing remotely comparable to slightly editing someone's level and releasing as their own, though. Looking at you, 1-1 remakes.
Well it's a newer super mario bros wii rip off actually infact he plargised TGE3.
although it's more much of a generic "LX XZIT" wannabe episode.

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 pm

KesterTank wrote:it's more much of a generic "LX XZIT" wannabe episode.
you mean, with ''teascipted'' bosses and stuff?
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 pm

arcade999 wrote:
KesterTank wrote:it's more much of a generic "LX XZIT" wannabe episode.
you mean, with ''teascipted'' bosses and stuff?
Nah more in terms of level design. The bosses are vanilla.
The ABC of Creation

Return to “General”