Month of April

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Month of April

Postby Quill » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:05 pm

Hey SMBX Community, it's April! I'm a day late, but it's not too hard to figure out why.

For those who don't know, we use these monthly threads to post the latest announcements in addition to featuring an episode and graphics pack.
___

Here is the new announcement.

- Changes to the Admin Team: All good things must come to an end, which is why I'm announcing my departure from the staff team. I'll likely become less active on the forums from now, but l'll still be making an appearance every now and then, so I won't truly be gone. As for the monthly threads, I'll be handing them over to Kley, meaning this will be my last one. If you wish to contact me about anything, I'll still be around on Discord, so feel free to send me a message if you want to chat!

___

Here are the featured picks of this month:

Featured Episode
MaGL X2

MaGL X2 was a contest held a few years ago that featured almost 300 submissions! There's a great amount of talent (as well as humor) featured within this episode. It's an important part of SMBX history too, since it was when SMBX2 was revealed to the public! Naturally, you'll need SMBX2 to play the episode too. Yours truly was also a judge in the contest too...

Featured Graphics Pack
Crystal Cave Tileset

This tileset is similar to the one seen in Yoshi's Island, but created to fit SMBX's usual aesthetic. Seriously though, why wouldn't you want to make a crystal cave level with this tileset? It's pretty!

___

And that's it for this month! It's been a lot of fun making these monthly threads ever since the first one back in July 2017. Have you noticed that all of the monthly threads have been posted 5 minutes past the hour (except January, let's not talk about that one). That was a fun little thing I did.

Thanks to all of you who have been reading these threads! It's been fun!

Until next time!

Return to “Events and Announcements”