How to Build: 2-player Calibrator

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

How to Build: 2-player Calibrator

Postby GforGoomba » Sat May 05, 2018 11:31 am

First off, I would like to introduce myself to the SMBX forums. I have played this game for quite some time but never got to know you guys. You can just call me Goomba or G. Second, I will teach you how to build a calibrator for 2 player only levels

You will need: Block of choice, Active switch block, Switch activator block

Step 1: Make 2 boxes out of your block of choice. 1 side of each needs a wall of switch blocks.
Step 2: Add a switch activator in one of the boxes
Step 3: Add a Luigi in the box with the activator. Add a Mario in the other box.
This works because you cannot spawn as Luigi in 1 player mode.

Cheeses: None as of yet
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: shut the fuck up
Current Project: shut the fuck up
Chat Username: BALLS

Re: How to Build: 2-player Calibrator

Postby xDestroy » Mon May 07, 2018 8:31 pm

This can be done other ways as well to make it look better, also it is better to take screenshots with f12 btw.
Still nice contraption you got there.
no

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm

xDestroy wrote: ↑
Mon May 07, 2018 8:31 pm
This can be done other ways as well to make it look better, also it is better to take screenshots with f12 btw.
I wanted it to focus on the important parts like the building, not the unimportant parts like my SMBX folder.
Thanks for the feedback! 😉
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 pm

GforGoomba wrote: ↑
Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm
I wanted it to focus on the important parts like the building, not the unimportant parts like my SMBX folder.
That's still not a excuse for using a camera instead of a screenshot. F12 takes the screenshot of the editor window, not your SMBX folder.

Ditchencat
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Various freelance games.
Chat Username: Ditchen

Postby Ditchencat » Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Westretroman wrote: ↑
Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 pm
That's still not a excuse for using a camera instead of a screenshot. F12 takes the screenshot of the editor window, not your SMBX folder.
You can take it a step further by opening said screenshots in a photo editor and cropping only the parts you need.
You're all cats. Aren't you..

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 am

Ditchencat wrote: ↑
Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 pm

You can take it a step further by opening said screenshots in a photo editor and cropping only the parts you need.
But you wouldn't need to do that in the PGE editor with F12.

Also, you are all assuming he is using the PGE editor as F12 does not apply elsewhere (BTW, get PGE (better yet, SMBX2) if you haven't already, the legacy editor sucks).
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:31 am

Electriking wrote: ↑
Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 am
Ditchencat wrote: ↑
Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 pm

But you wouldn't need to do that in the PGE editor with F12.

Also, you are all assuming he is using the PGE editor as F12 does not apply elsewhere (BTW, get PGE (better yet, SMBX2) if you haven't already, the legacy editor sucks).
Actually, F12 works in 1.3 and the legacy editor. Who is assuming he is using the Legacy editor or 1.3? She might be, but I do not see anyone assume she is using something else. Also, pretty sure you just make a loading screen in SMBX using Lua, and also Handel all the required stuff during the loading screen.

ImageImageImage

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote: ↑
Tue May 08, 2018 1:31 am
Also, pretty sure you just make a loading screen in SMBX using Lua, and also Handel all the required stuff during the loading screen.
loadscreen lua is experimental technology for the devs and is not present in B3

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 am

The0x539 wrote: ↑
Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 am
Tue May 08, 2018 1:31 am
Also, pretty sure you just make a loading screen in SMBX using Lua, and also Handel all the required stuff during the loading screen.
loadscreen lua is experimental technology for the devs and is not present in B3
I was not talking about the beta 4 tech. I was referring to simple image drawing.

ImageImageImage

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 am

Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 am
I was not talking about the beta 4 tech. I was referring to simple image drawing.
That's... the point. You can't do anything during the loading screen in beta 3, including drawing an image.

Return to “General”