Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
IcyBrd
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:21 pm
Current Project: SMBX Episode: Toad's Quest For Relevance
Chat Username: IcyBrd

Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby IcyBrd » Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 am

Hey there, IcyBrd here. Anyways, since SMBX Beta 4 is approaching (at the time of submitting this topic), there is a very good chance the character roster of SMBX2 will increase. Who would you like to see in there?

I would surely want to see someone in the Belmont Clan (from Castlevania), or at the very least, Alucard, to appear. I would also like Ryu Hayabusa (The Ninja Gaiden Ryu, not the Street Fighter Ryu) to appear as well. Oh, and we cannot forget Waluigi! (Let's not make the same mistake Nintendo did regarding Waluigi, please)
Meme #1:
Spoiler: show
Image

Eclipsed
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Eclipsed » Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am

IcyBrd wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 am
Hey there, IcyBrd here. Anyways, since SMBX Beta 4 is approaching (at the time of submitting this topic), there is a very good chance the character roster of SMBX2 will increase. Who would you like to see in there?

I would surely want to see someone in the Belmont Clan (from Castlevania), or at the very least, Alucard, to appear. I would also like Ryu Hayabusa (The Ninja Gaiden Ryu, not the Street Fighter Ryu) to appear as well. Oh, and we cannot forget Waluigi! (Let's not make the same mistake Nintendo did regarding Waluigi, please)
I swear, I've seen this post before, but I would like a playable kirby in smbx.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4447
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Electriking » Sun May 20, 2018 3:56 am

I'm pretty sure that the devs have confirmed that no characters will be added to beta 4 so...
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:32 am
Chat Username: TNG
Contact:

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby TheNewGuy » Sun May 20, 2018 4:22 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 am
IcyBrd wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 am
Hey there, IcyBrd here. Anyways, since SMBX Beta 4 is approaching (at the time of submitting this topic), there is a very good chance the character roster of SMBX2 will increase. Who would you like to see in there?

I would surely want to see someone in the Belmont Clan (from Castlevania), or at the very least, Alucard, to appear. I would also like Ryu Hayabusa (The Ninja Gaiden Ryu, not the Street Fighter Ryu) to appear as well. Oh, and we cannot forget Waluigi! (Let's not make the same mistake Nintendo did regarding Waluigi, please)
I swear, I've seen this post before, but I would like a playable kirby in smbx.
Kirby would be broken and OP in smbx
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 am

My list of characters I like to see in official SMBX2:
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Doropie
  • Sophia III
  • Simon Belmont
Image
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8238
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Enjl » Sun May 20, 2018 7:13 am

IcyBrd wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 am
Hey there, IcyBrd here. Anyways, since SMBX Beta 4 is approaching (at the time of submitting this topic), there is a very good chance the character roster of SMBX2 will increase. Who would you like to see in there?

I would surely want to see someone in the Belmont Clan (from Castlevania), or at the very least, Alucard, to appear. I would also like Ryu Hayabusa (The Ninja Gaiden Ryu, not the Street Fighter Ryu) to appear as well. Oh, and we cannot forget Waluigi! (Let's not make the same mistake Nintendo did regarding Waluigi, please)
The character roster will decrease for Beta 4. Juni and Princess Rinka will be removed. Also, there are likely to be more character additions after beta is over than before it is.
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.
________________________________________________________

The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby PixelPest » Mon May 21, 2018 8:22 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 am
My list of characters I like to see in official SMBX2:
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Doropie
  • Sophia III
  • Simon Belmont
I don't even know all but the last of the characters

Eclipsed
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Eclipsed » Mon May 21, 2018 8:29 am

PixelPest wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:22 am
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 am
My list of characters I like to see in official SMBX2:
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Doropie
  • Sophia III
  • Simon Belmont
I don't even know all but the last of the characters
All of the characters except the second one are playable in super mario crossover, so if you ever played that these names should sound familiar

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Snessy the duck » Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Also, Doropie is basically just Mega Man
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon May 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 pm
Also, Doropie is basically just Mega Man
Yeah, expect she can shoot upwards & duck unlike Mega Man. Play or watch gameplay videos of Magical Kid Doropie/The Krion Conquest
Image
(Mega Drive GFX Pack coming soon)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD.

User avatar
WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby WildWEEGEE » Mon May 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:56 am
I'm pretty sure that the devs have confirmed that no characters will be added to beta 4 so...
topic title wrote:Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby PixelPest » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Electriking wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:56 am
I'm pretty sure that the devs have confirmed that no characters will be added to beta 4 so...
topic title wrote:Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?
However Beta5 is the character update and most of the characters just get reworked (except for one almost positively being replaced with an already-known replacement) and no more added until we're out of the beta phase

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue May 22, 2018 8:52 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:05 pm
Snessy the duck wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 pm
Also, Doropie is basically just Mega Man
Yeah, expect she can shoot upwards & duck unlike Mega Man. Play or watch gameplay videos of Magical Kid Doropie/The Krion Conquest
That's not really major enough to warrant a new character though.
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image

canadiandunce
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:51 pm
Current Project: The Star Trials
Chat Username: canadiandunce
Contact:

My Thoughts On: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby canadiandunce » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:12 pm

Once I can actually figure out how to get this game working, I'm going to BEG for Kirby. Just, PLEASE give us Kirby with his Superstar Sprite! The powerups could give him a copy ability, and he could have 4 extra jumps! J U S T P L E A S E G I V E M E M Y P O Y O B O Y O
Because if Jake Paul can entertain people, anyone can.

User avatar
ivanmegafanboy
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 am
Current Project: Making levels casually. And University. And 1cc this thing called Touhou.

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:02 am

I would rather see the actual roster fixed and more balanced. Like, Klonoa and Uncle Broadsword are fun to use, until a glitch makes me stop playing. (Also, Zelda can only go through small spaces when she is big, because she can crouch, paradoxically unlike her small counterpart, who is too big to go through those same spaces and can't crouch, lol)
Enjl wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:13 am
The character roster will decrease for Beta 4. Juni and Princess Rinka will be removed. Also, there are likely to be more character additions after beta is over than before it is.
Ba...but...the One Hit-Point Wonder...Does Juni really have to get cut?
I like editing levels
Check them out at: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16926
Spoiler: show
Image
I support
Image
Also The Great Castle Adventure Remake
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am

ivanmegafanboy wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:02 am
Ba...but...the One Hit-Point Wonder...Does Juni really have to get cut?
Yes. Not only is Juni unfun to play and very broken, but the person who made her has been removed from the dev team and had all of his additions removed or replaced due to disgusting and criminal actions he took.

User avatar
ivanmegafanboy
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 am
Current Project: Making levels casually. And University. And 1cc this thing called Touhou.

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 am

Hoeloe wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 am
Yes. Not only is Juni unfun to play and very broken, but the person who made her has been removed from the dev team and had all of his additions removed or replaced due to disgusting and criminal actions he took.
I disagree with the first sentences, she had potential, not only for making meatboy esque levels, but also as a very hard mode for levels already cleared. She was weak, but agile as nobody's bussiness. Clearing a level with Juni was surely an accomplishment (But only when the level allows the challenge to be doable, of course)
About the rest of the paragraph, yes, that is understandable.
Well...bye Juni.
I like editing levels
Check them out at: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16926
Spoiler: show
Image
I support
Image
Also The Great Castle Adventure Remake
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:39 am

For meatboy-esque levels, we're going to be replacing Ninja Bomberman with a character from Dustforce, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Juni really didn't add anything that other characters weren't already providing.

Eltyranitartroll
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:17 am
Chat Username: Spagetti

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Eltyranitartroll » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:21 am

Sonic or Shadow

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6022
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Current Project: CCX1 level

Re: Characters you would like to see by the time SMBX 2.0 is out of beta?

Postby Cedur » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:17 am

None at all. :twisted:
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshi's are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests