Star Counter. Help!!

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Troshqui
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Koopalings Revenge

Star Counter. Help!!

Postby Troshqui » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 am

Hi. I have an important question about my project. I would be so grateful if somebody could help me :
In my project, there is a star in each level (it is a world map, not a hub). Some levels have two stars
In order to pass to the next world, you will need a certain amount of stars (not all of them), but, to access the final world, you will need ALL stars of the game.
I have found a problem with this system : If the player reaches the last world without having all the stars, he will forget what stars did he get, and he will get so crazy trying to find out what levels he must finish.
So, it is possible to add a "star counter" to this game? This option will show you what levels and stars have you already passed.
There is any other solution?
How do you think I can solve it?
Thanks in advance :D

Trace
Lakitu
Lakitu
Chat Username: figure it out

Re: Star Counter. Help!!

Postby Trace » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 am

you cant make them pop up over levels, but if you look at sttb, they have a level at the end of the world with doors to all the levels in the world, but they are locked so you cant access them, and if you stand in front of them the stars will show up. if you dont quite understand it i can go into more detail

Troshqui
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Koopalings Revenge

Re: Star Counter. Help!!

Postby Troshqui » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 am

Trace wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 am
you cant make them pop up over levels, but if you look at sttb, they have a level at the end of the world with doors to all the levels in the world, but they are locked so you cant access them, and if you stand in front of them the stars will show up. if you dont quite understand it i can go into more detail
Yes, I understand. And I think that will be the best solution.
Thanks! ;) :D

Return to “General”