[ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6477
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby Cedur » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 am

LGLMAKING wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am
No really. It's a chaos. A disaster area. An earthquake site. A ch-
Well let's forget that before the mods get mad (hey, mod, mad, that rimes). That's not the point. Let's get down to the actual point. Will I or will I not be able to make an entry to the contest with legacy?

are you unable to download it in the first place?


Anyway, there's a level that I sent into an unofficial contest (by Thwomp King) long time ago and it has never been given results. I assume I could use it here (and tweak it)?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
DerEric
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:17 am
Flair: FINAL BOSS
Current Project: Who knows?
Chat Username: Eric
Contact:

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby DerEric » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:11 am

All levels should be made in SMBX 2.0 ONLY. (EDIT: plz inform me if ur using versions like 1.4.4 or 1.3.0.1)
So... Can I use 1.4.4 or not?
Just wait and see.

User avatar
LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 am
Flair: There's always another secret.
Current Project: Captain Toad: Shine Scramble

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby LGLMAKING » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 am

Cedur wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 am
LGLMAKING wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am
No really. It's a chaos. A disaster area. An earthquake site. A ch-
Well let's forget that before the mods get mad (hey, mod, mad, that rimes). That's not the point. Let's get down to the actual point. Will I or will I not be able to make an entry to the contest with legacy?

are you unable to download it in the first place?
No, I downloaded it. It was so bad and wonky I deleted it.
"I am incredibly lucky I know you and im glad I gave you a chance to be a part of this" -Eri7
"I'm going to call these Janksqueaks from now on." -Clearman06
Image
Image
Image
New producer of the Novaverse, after Eri7's departure from the community.

User avatar
Snowy_Desert
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:09 pm
Flair: The Icy Pharaoh
Current Project: Nothing for now

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby Snowy_Desert » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:56 am

EternalDebris wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 am
  • All levels should be made in SMBX 2.0 ONLY. (EDIT: plz inform me if ur using versions like 1.4.4 or 1.3.0.1)
I don't get what you're trying to say in that, we can use and 1.4 or 1.3 if we inform you even tho you said SMBX2 only? I don't understand.
Spoiler: show
might make levels soon

User avatar
EternalDebris
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am
Chat Username: EternalDebris

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby EternalDebris » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am

LGLMAKING wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am
No really. It's a chaos. A disaster area. An earthquake site. A ch-
Well let's forget that before the mods get mad (hey, mod, mad, that rimes). That's not the point. Let's get down to the actual point. Will I or will I not be able to make an entry to the contest with legacy?

Yes you may, but levels made in 1.3.0.1 aren't of equal importane so.... yeah..

Added in 2 minutes 49 seconds:
Ludwig_von Koopa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:11 am
All levels should be made in SMBX 2.0 ONLY. (EDIT: plz inform me if ur using versions like 1.4.4 or 1.3.0.1)
So... Can I use 1.4.4 or not?

No (or if u want yes) because Wohlstand (a russian guy in the forum) downloaded it from the Chinese (obviously) server, so it tries to behave like SMBX but it actually isn't a real SMBX version to be honest....

btw yeah u may use 1.4.4 but there may be neccesary precautions in doing this tho.... you'll see later...

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
Snowy_Desert wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:56 am
EternalDebris wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 am
  • All levels should be made in SMBX 2.0 ONLY. (EDIT: plz inform me if ur using versions like 1.4.4 or 1.3.0.1)
I don't get what you're trying to say in that, we can use and 1.4 or 1.3 if we inform you even tho you said SMBX2 only? I don't understand.
I meant that you may use other versions but u have to inform me so i can see which SMBX version i have to run to see how your level is (really)....

Added in 3 minutes 22 seconds:
Cedur wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 am
LGLMAKING wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am
No really. It's a chaos. A disaster area. An earthquake site. A ch-
Well let's forget that before the mods get mad (hey, mod, mad, that rimes). That's not the point. Let's get down to the actual point. Will I or will I not be able to make an entry to the contest with legacy?

are you unable to download it in the first place?


Anyway, there's a level that I sent into an unofficial contest (by Thwomp King) long time ago and it has never been given results. I assume I could use it here (and tweak it)?

I don't understand why u want to tweak this Cedur, there may be some awfully bad consequenses and this contest ''may'' be locked....

btw according to my calculations, there is a 63.57% chance that this will fail, so i recommend you to not tweak it....

Added in 2 minutes 23 seconds:
TheDinoKing wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:51 am
EternalDebris wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:19 am
PixelPest wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:29 pm
There's no reason people need to inform you about using 1.3.0.1 since levels made in 1.3 are compatible with SMBX2.
another btw i tried running a smbx 2.0 level in 1.3.0.1 and unsuccessful results..... looks like your theory is a little false to me imo (no harm here, i promise)..
I think you got it the wrong way round.
A 1.3 level should work in a SMBX 2.0.

So you should allow 1.3 levels.

I think ur right, but just to inform you that 1.3 levels aren't equal in importance in this contest as 2.0 levels....
Image

(。◕‿◕。) ~(˘▾˘~) \ (•◡•) /

Muh Favorite Quotes
Spoiler: show
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ
SmoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby, you have no life
Danny: Let me give you some constructive criticism: What the hell
TheKingOfBoos: ...Dude, u think ur President?!...
Spoiler: show
My Quote: text faces are my speciality...!
I support:
Image

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 幸せな願い!

KIRBY IS LIT AND LEGIT FAM
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6477
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby Cedur » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:54 am

to be more exact:
> I sent a level to that contest more than a year ago, it was also not really completed (as in it could be completed but I wanted it to be larger)
> it never was judged and that contest came to nothing
> I never published it elsewhere
> so I would think about using it here and improving it to what I originally wanted it to be (or whatever I feel like doing now)

in official contests you are also allowed to submit levels you've worked on before given that they haven't been published or showcased.

Also you've got some interested people, that's still better than previous unofficial contests. Even if it's just a handful of participants, it's pretty honorable.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
EternalDebris
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 am
Chat Username: EternalDebris

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby EternalDebris » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:08 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:54 am
to be more exact:
> I sent a level to that contest more than a year ago, it was also not really completed (as in it could be completed but I wanted it to be larger)
> it never was judged and that contest came to nothing
> I never published it elsewhere
> so I would think about using it here and improving it to what I originally wanted it to be (or whatever I feel like doing now)

in official contests you are also allowed to submit levels you've worked on before given that they haven't been published or showcased.

Also you've got some interested people, that's still better than previous unofficial contests. Even if it's just a handful of participants, it's pretty honorable.

You're right, Cedur, i feel like earning a profit xd

btw good luck!! :P (just saying)
Image

(。◕‿◕。) ~(˘▾˘~) \ (•◡•) /

Muh Favorite Quotes
Spoiler: show
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ
SmoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby, you have no life
Danny: Let me give you some constructive criticism: What the hell
TheKingOfBoos: ...Dude, u think ur President?!...
Spoiler: show
My Quote: text faces are my speciality...!
I support:
Image

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 幸せな願い!

KIRBY IS LIT AND LEGIT FAM
Image

User avatar
Snowy_Desert
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:09 pm
Flair: The Icy Pharaoh
Current Project: Nothing for now

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby Snowy_Desert » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:32 pm

How many days there are left?
Spoiler: show
might make levels soon

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4485
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby Electriking » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Snowy_Desert wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:32 pm
How many days there are left?
6, but the host appears to have gone inactive recently, so I don't know if the contest is still happening.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6477
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: [ EternalDebris' SMBX Level Contest - NOW OPEN ]

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah I also thought this comes to nothing and thus I did nothing.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests