SMBX 1.4.5?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby Cedur » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:09 am

McNaquar wrote:No one has to agree with me at all or like me... I just want to be able to voice an opinion without it being stomped on to death as if I don't have the right to speak my own mind

You're not being stomped to death at first, neither here nor in the previous Mario Royale thread, when Electriking did nothing but enlightening you why SMBX doesn't get taken down and you instantly pilloried him yourself AND flamed him. Not only you can't accept to be wrong about something, you are completely inable to deal with contradiction and you have an extraordinary self-victimization complex. Once you start going apeshit like this, of course you get more backlash.

Being wrong or not being well-informed doesn't make you an idiot. On the other hand your outbursts are idiotic behaviour.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

SrgtShocwave
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: :ok_hand:
Current Project: Toad's Bizarre Quest (1.4.4)
Chat Username: Shocwave

Re: SMBX 1.4.5?

Postby SrgtShocwave » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:14 am

McNaquar wrote:No one has to agree with me at all or like me... I just want to be able to voice an opinion without it being stomped on to death as if I don't have the right to speak my own mind

As someone who primarily uses 1.4.4, I can say that its definitely the black sheep of SMBX as a whole. This is mainly due to things such as the physics changes and the use of Teascript instead of Lua, but there are other arguments as to why people wouldn't want to use it.

I mean, just like how you're only here to spread an opinion, other people have differing opinions and preferences. Now forgive me if I'm spreading misinformation but the reason for the hate is because 38A made unnecessary changes in the new update out of spite for the people who use his engine. This includes using a new formula for levels which essentially corrupts levels made in 1.4.4, the removal of hidden features and the further tampering of the physics (trust me, after playing Toad for months, I've really noticed this one).

I don't hate 38A, nor will I stop using 1.4.4, but all the backlash he is getting is warranted to say the least. This isn't about "X2 is better REEEE", its about the creator just being annoying for the sake of being annoying. I've had my 1.4.4 episode up on the forums for months and not once have I ever gotten a negative comment about the version I was using. From what I've read it just seems like you've taken things a bit too seriously; it's alright to defend your opinion, just don't do it in a way that seems more like a childish argument rather than a structured debate.

On that note, sorry for going off topic again.
Play The Demo!

Youtube |:| Discord: SrgtShocwave#0758

Return to “General”