Favorite npc???

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
HelixByte
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 am
Flair: boi
Current Project: nothing really
Chat Username: Helixbyte

Favorite npc???

Postby HelixByte » Mon May 13, 2019 2:36 pm

i'll start!
The Giant monty mole (idk what it's called pls don't kill me)
Image

bruh


User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6356
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Cedur » Mon May 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Ice flower! Ace coins! Lakitu shoe (duh)!

and technically it's called a Mega Mole
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 pm
Flair: bruh
Current Project: ok
Chat Username: Saltlord#3269
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Saltlord » Mon May 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Propeller Blocks, Yoshis and Rippers are awesome.

Image

Image


Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2464
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: ending Coronavirus's whole career
Chat Username: practical

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Rhosty » Mon May 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Bowser and Amazing Flying Hammer Bro

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby PopYoshi » Mon May 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Goombas, cuz I can use them to make more complex vanilla boss battles

It's a trick I figured out, it consists of an invisible unreachable and friendly goomba that if falls from a pit it triggers a boss attack (or another event), and if you hit the boss the pit will be closed and the goomba will survive, cancelling the attack
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby 8lue Storm » Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Conveyor Belts are definitely on my list, as well as Thwomps (both SMB3 and SMW), Hammer Bros and the SMW Ninjis.
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby PopYoshi » Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Conveyor Belts are definitely on my list, as well as Thwomps (both SMB3 and SMW), Hammer Bros and the SMW Ninjis.
I hope your PC doesn't get laggy when you place conveyor belts
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby 8lue Storm » Mon May 13, 2019 6:46 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 pm
8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Conveyor Belts are definitely on my list, as well as Thwomps (both SMB3 and SMW), Hammer Bros and the SMW Ninjis.
I hope your PC doesn't get laggy when you place conveyor belts
I've made a level that I'm very proud of using them as a focus. It gets a little buggy with the interactions I made up, but it's still manageable.
Also, why would my pc get laggy when I place them?
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby PopYoshi » Mon May 13, 2019 6:49 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:46 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 pm
8lue Storm wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 pm
Conveyor Belts are definitely on my list, as well as Thwomps (both SMB3 and SMW), Hammer Bros and the SMW Ninjis.
I hope your PC doesn't get laggy when you place conveyor belts
I've made a level that I'm very proud of using them as a focus. It gets a little buggy with the interactions I made up, but it's still manageable.
Also, why would my pc get laggy when I place them?
Too many moving elements in one section, maybe enemies and other NPCs don't make the game laggy when they're off screen but conveyor belts definitely made my game laggy, same with Super Luigi
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
thegameseum
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 am
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby thegameseum » Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 pm

I like the lakitu's shoe, the black yoshi, and pretty much anything that follows lineguides
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Mega Man NPC Pack (and more)
Chat Username: IAmPlayer
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby 1AmPlayer » Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 pm

I like Black Yoshi, Lakitu's Shoe, Tanooki Suit, and Shyspring.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2464
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: ending Coronavirus's whole career
Chat Username: practical

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Rhosty » Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 pm

thegameseum wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 pm
and pretty much anything that follows lineguides
What would that be

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:37 am
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby stageleft » Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 am

Ninji

User avatar
sammerbro
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff
Current Project: Sam Lev Boss Rush 5
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby sammerbro » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Mine would be the Clown Car
Image
Image

User avatar
thegameseum
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 am
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby thegameseum » Tue May 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Eureka wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 pm
thegameseum wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 pm
and pretty much anything that follows lineguides
What would that be
The smw switch platforms, grinders, rammerheads, and those engine things (sry forgot what they're called) to name a few.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1811
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Scroll » Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Bullet bills. You can do a lot of good setups with them. Nipper plants, hammer bros and rotodiscs are also fun to deal with.
Eureka wrote:Bowser and Amazing Flying Hammer Bro
Why did you not mention Larry?

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2464
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: ending Coronavirus's whole career
Chat Username: practical

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Rhosty » Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Scroll wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm
Bullet bills. You can do a lot of good setups with them. Nipper plants, hammer bros and rotodiscs are also fun to deal with.
Eureka wrote:Bowser and Amazing Flying Hammer Bro
Why did you not mention Larry?
Wasn't it obvious enough that I love the koopalings?

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby 8lue Storm » Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 pm

stageleft wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 am
Ninji
which one
Image

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

User avatar
Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1811
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby Scroll » Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Eureka wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm
Scroll wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 pm
Bullet bills. You can do a lot of good setups with them. Nipper plants, hammer bros and rotodiscs are also fun to deal with.
Eureka wrote:Bowser and Amazing Flying Hammer Bro
Why did you not mention Larry?
Wasn't it obvious enough that I love the koopalings?
That means you don't need to say that here I guess lol

User avatar
stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:37 am
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Re: Favorite npc???

Postby stageleft » Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am

8lue Storm wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 pm
stageleft wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 am
Ninji
which one
Both I guess, maybe leaning towards the black cliff jumper.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot [Bot] and 10 guests