Page 1 of 1

What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 am
by SuperSmashbroFanX
How come there hasn’t been any new projects and episodes yet? What’s the best projects you think are being made in smbx so far! The best ones I think are interesting are the projects I am supporting in my signater!

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 am
by Cedur
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 am
How come there hasn’t been any new projects and episodes yet? What’s the best projects you think are being made in smbx so far! The best ones I think are interesting are the projects I am supporting in my signater!

Pretty much the projects you already support. (replace "MATWOD" by "the whole novaverse" and you got the gist).

Also I don't know why you expect new episodes on a monthly basis considering that projects take years to finish.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 am
by Reign
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 am
How come there hasn’t been any new projects and episodes yet?
Because most people stopped creating them until beta 4 was out. Now there's gonna be a bit of a wait until they begin emerging.

There are probably a lot of projects in progress already, but from my experience, it's not wise to introduce them to the public until they are at least 50% finished.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 am
by FireyPaperMario
I think the most interesting SMBX episode in my own opinion would be either:
  • A short episode that isn't a boss rush
or

  • A episode inspired from that 1 troll-ish flash game (Y'all know what I'm talking about)

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:50 pm
by Idunn
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 am
  • A episode inspired from that 1 troll-ish flash game (Y'all know what I'm talking about)
Not really my dude.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:16 pm
by DrMekar
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 am
How come there hasn’t been any new projects and episodes yet? What’s the best projects you think are being made in smbx so far! The best ones I think are interesting are the projects I am supporting in my signater!
Well, there are problably many projects in the work. If you want something new to play, you could give my MH1.5 Demo a try, you can
reach by clicking on the picture in my signature.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:52 pm
by Cedur
DrMekar wrote:though the end of your sentence is kind of a dick move looking at the fact that one of these 3 Projects is your own.

demonstrably false

he has no published project of his own even

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 pm
by DrMekar
Cedur wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:52 pm
DrMekar wrote:though the end of your sentence is kind of a dick move looking at the fact that one of these 3 Projects is your own.

demonstrably false

he has no published project of his own even
True.
I might have confused him with someone else.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:01 pm
by SuperSmashbroFanX
DrMekar wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:52 pm
DrMekar wrote:though the end of your sentence is kind of a dick move looking at the fact that one of these 3 Projects is your own.

demonstrably false

he has no published project of his own even
True.
I might have confused him with someone else.
WTF? I Havent even finished my episode yet! who are you talking about!

annd why is everybody arguing! This is supposed to be a topic about projects!

im trying to keep from using caps or else i will get in trouble because you guys kind of made me angry.

Added in 2 minutes 31 seconds:
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 am
I think the most interesting SMBX episode in my own opinion would be either:
  • A short episode that isn't a boss rush
or

  • A episode inspired from that 1 troll-ish flash game (Y'all know what I'm talking about)
i domt like troll level they are always unfair and hard. i think you meen unfair mario but honestly i hate that game. i really like boss rushes they are actually fun and give challenge unlike stupid troll levels.

Added in 8 minutes 52 seconds:
Reign wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 am
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 am
How come there hasn’t been any new projects and episodes yet?
Because most people stopped creating them until beta 4 was out. Now there's gonna be a bit of a wait until they begin emerging.

There are probably a lot of projects in progress already, but from my experience, it's not wise to introduce them to the public until they are at least 50% finished.
I hope new projects are being made I want to see more cool levels

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:12 pm
by skyhighway
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm
i domt like troll level they are always unfair and hard. i think you meen unfair mario but honestly i hate that game. i really like boss rushes they are actually fun and give challenge unlike stupid troll levels.
this is one of the most unpopular opinions ever, just commenting on that 100th post! swooper rank is mine >:)

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 pm
by Chipss
I am currently working on a project, but don’t think it’s ready enough for a reveal yet.

I’m sure this is the case for a lot of other people.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 pm
by stageleft
I've got 2 in progress but only about 10% done each. Mainly because I've been waiting for beta 4, the graphical conversion slows things down perhaps. Could be, 20ish users, constructing episodes right now. I don't know. 5 of those episodes would see the light of the forum eventually.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 pm
by Novarender
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 am
I think the most interesting SMBX episode in my own opinion would be either:
  • A short episode that isn't a boss rush
or

  • A episode inspired from that 1 troll-ish flash game (Y'all know what I'm talking about)
i domt like troll level they are always unfair and hard. i think you meen unfair mario but honestly i hate that game. i really like boss rushes they are actually fun and give challenge unlike stupid troll levels.

The best time I've ever seen a trolly game is with Cat Mario. The trolls were always super weird and funny, and it's almost like solving a puzzle, trying to figure out how to get past every troll. And when you did get back to where you were, there was a very unique feeling where you could not trust the game one bit because every step you took you were expecting something to happen because you knew it would.

I would love to see an episode like this on SMBX, I've never played any other game like it. Unfair Mario was okay but the trolls were all very similar and kind of boring (floors falling away, spikes shooting out, invisible blocks, you get the idea). I swear, there was this one time in Cat Mario where I touched a cloud and it turned evil and killed me. Now that was fun.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:35 pm
by Squishy Rex
Novarender wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 pm
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 am
I think the most interesting SMBX episode in my own opinion would be either:
  • A short episode that isn't a boss rush
or

  • A episode inspired from that 1 troll-ish flash game (Y'all know what I'm talking about)
i domt like troll level they are always unfair and hard. i think you meen unfair mario but honestly i hate that game. i really like boss rushes they are actually fun and give challenge unlike stupid troll levels.

The best time I've ever seen a trolly game is with Cat Mario. The trolls were always super weird and funny, and it's almost like solving a puzzle, trying to figure out how to get past every troll. And when you did get back to where you were, there was a very unique feeling where you could not trust the game one bit because every step you took you were expecting something to happen because you knew it would.

I would love to see an episode like this on SMBX, I've never played any other game like it. Unfair Mario was okay but the trolls were all very similar and kind of boring (floors falling away, spikes shooting out, invisible blocks, you get the idea). I swear, there was this one time in Cat Mario where I touched a cloud and it turned evil and killed me. Now that was fun.
Much like some of the troll levels in SMM2, when they are tastefully/thoughtfully designed, they are an enjoyable experience. The good troll levels keep you on your toes without being straight-up unfair or just ridiculously hard and they'll generally give you a good laugh or two. Cat Mario is a very interesting early Mario troll that blends jumpscares, kaizo blocks and some truly unusual antics. There are a couple of slightly unfair situations throughout the game but for the most part is not a bad game by any means, especially considering what it is. Troll levels are like any type of normal level, if the level design is lacking, the level ends up being a not-so enjoyable experience.

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 pm
by SuperSmashbroFanX
Squishy Rex wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:35 pm
Novarender wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 pm
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm


i domt like troll level they are always unfair and hard. i think you meen unfair mario but honestly i hate that game. i really like boss rushes they are actually fun and give challenge unlike stupid troll levels.

The best time I've ever seen a trolly game is with Cat Mario. The trolls were always super weird and funny, and it's almost like solving a puzzle, trying to figure out how to get past every troll. And when you did get back to where you were, there was a very unique feeling where you could not trust the game one bit because every step you took you were expecting something to happen because you knew it would.

I would love to see an episode like this on SMBX, I've never played any other game like it. Unfair Mario was okay but the trolls were all very similar and kind of boring (floors falling away, spikes shooting out, invisible blocks, you get the idea). I swear, there was this one time in Cat Mario where I touched a cloud and it turned evil and killed me. Now that was fun.
Much like some of the troll levels in SMM2, when they are tastefully/thoughtfully designed, they are an enjoyable experience. The good troll levels keep you on your toes without being straight-up unfair or just ridiculously hard and they'll generally give you a good laugh or two. Cat Mario is a very interesting early Mario troll that blends jumpscares, kaizo blocks and some truly unusual antics. There are a couple of slightly unfair situations throughout the game but for the most part is not a bad game by any means, especially considering what it is. Troll levels are like any type of normal level, if the level design is lacking, the level ends up being a not-so enjoyable experience.
in my opinion i find cat mario the only funny troll level. unfair mario is just not fun and boring.

Added in 11 minutes 1 second:
Cedur wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 am
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 am
How come there hasn’t been any new projects and episodes yet? What’s the best projects you think are being made in smbx so far! The best ones I think are interesting are the projects I am supporting in my signater!

Pretty much the projects you already support. (replace "MATWOD" by "the whole novaverse" and you got the gist).

Also I don't know why you expect new episodes on a monthly basis considering that projects take years to finish.
Whats the novaverse? is it part of wrath of dimento? it sounds pretty cool! can you link me the support banner!

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:37 am
by Cedur
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:Whats the novaverse? is it part of wrath of dimento?

the converse is true. The novaverse is a large network of in-development episodes, both for X2 and 38A. MATWOD is one of them.

The support banner is right in my sig, and clicking it will lead you to the discord server. (if you want to join it, please behave xd)

Re: What’s the most interesting project so far!

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:15 pm
by Troopa Koopa321
The novaverse,golden elements and Mario’s isleventure