The Novaverse Main Hub - Partnership Program/News/Events/Workshops

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

The Novaverse Main Hub - Partnership Program/News/Events/Workshops

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:49 am

The Novaverse is a network of multiple SMBX Projects/Episodes. Most of them take place in the same narrative which means they are connected in one way or another. The rest are a part of the The Novaverse Partnership Program and are story wise, not a part of The Novaverse.
The Novaverse exists since 2018 and since then, a lot about it has changed but one focus remained, bringing different unique concepts together and tying them together in one memoriable experience. Connecting different projects and likewise, connecting different people's creativities is the core foundation of The Novaverse and through it's evolution, it has built different ways for this to happen and created a place where creativity is welcomed, a place where different creators can improve majorly and a place where there are no rules to our imagination.
This is what The Novaverse is about in summary but there is so much more to explore so I have created this topic to inform you on what The Novaverse Partnership Program is about, about any News/Events taking place and extra Info on the The Novaverse.

Current Producer of the Novaverse is Eri7 and current Co-Producer of the Novaverse is soon to be LGLMAKING.
Additionally, current Owner of the Novaverse Community Server is Cedur.

The Novaverse Partnership Program is a program in which you as a creator of a smbx project can join on several conditions. The Program offers several tiers in which your project can join depending on what you are searching for in this partnership. We offer long and informative discussions on explaining the Partnership Program one on one if you have issues with understanding it, talking about which Tier might fit in the best for your project and how the development of your project will change if you do enter the Partnership Program. Good Foundation allows for strong Execution.

Here are the general requirements for all Tiers:
Spoiler: show
The Novaverse gets advertisement rights of your project and can choose to advertise main promotional material such as Trailers, Teasers or even Sneak Peeks on the Novaverse Youtube Channel.
Your project is to publicly state that it receives support from the Novaverse through the Partnership program, if it's a project which is connected to the story, in the beginning of the topic's title, the word [NVS] has to be put.
Show that you can be reliable/trustworthy and you are not toxic towards other people. (This process is much easier for people who are well known by the Producers of the Novaverse)
You are required to join the Novaverse Discord Server and Novaverse Development Server for various reasons such as:
Having access to important information regarding the Novaverse and having easy communication with the Producer, Co-Producer and fellow Project Owners.
Having development channels dedicated to your project so the Producers of the Novaverse can both keep an eye on the development of the project, help out with it and gather support for it in the terms of members for the development aspect of said project (in short, make the development as smooth as possible).
Adapt in the Novaverse Environment which means, socialize with other folks, be able to join fun activities/events and understand how the Novaverse works.
And most importantly, be ready to improve and reach your potential as a creator.
As a creator, you have to credit all of your work down to every single object used in your episode, important for demo or episode releases!
And here are the general benefits for all Tiers:
If you are bad at advertisement or have no desire to do this type of work, The Novaverse has got you covered.
Before becoming a full fledged Partner, you will get access to the development process of all Novaverse Projects, likewise, when you become a partner, all development members have access to all of the other channels of other project which makes Co-operation much easier and likely to achieve, we value teamwork a lot in the Novaverse and you get to learn from others on how to handle your project.
The Novaverse's aim is to produce high quality content through our ideas and innovation and in order to reach this quality, The Novaverse offers you plenty of opportunities to improve as a creator, we give detailed feedback on your levels and at what level you stand as a creator (level designer, story teller, coder). Plenty of people have improved majorly thanks to the Novaverse so it's safe to say we know how to teach different types of creators as we have dealt with plenty of individuals.
Special events dedicated to your project depending on important stuff such as Demo releases or Episode releases in the Novaverse Community Server.
Your content will be showcased monthly in the monthly progress channel of the Novaverse Community Server and your project will have a dedicated channel in the server + development channels and roles for it in the Development Server.
You get to utilize the assets of the Novaverse such as the different development members who specialize in coding, graphics, beta testing, level design and etc.
You get to be a part of something big and as a project owner, play an important role in growing the Novaverse.
Now let's get to the different Tiers and what do they mean:
Tier 3 - SMBX Projects which are a part of the Program but are NOT a part of the Story Aspects of the Novaverse (thefore, they are NOT a part of the Novaverse).
Additional Requirements:
Lowest quality acceptable for this project is Tier C.
Description:
Do you want your project to join the Partnership but you are either unsure or just do not want your Project to join The Novaverse, well then this Tier is for you. You get to take all of the creative decisions behind your project and receive support for it, how cool is that? On top of that, you get to improve as a creator and learn from people better than you in a healthy environment.
Current Projects which are a apart of this Tier are:
Mario and the Wrath of Dimentio by Inferno_Guy and Eri7, Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites by Dudboi2005.
Tier 2 - SMBX Projects which are a part of the Program and are a part of the Novaverse BUT still get to take creative decisions without the Novaverse's interference.
Additional Requirements:
Lowest quality acceptable for this project is Tier B.
The story of your project should fit in the Novaverse without major issues.
Description:
Are you an independent creator? Someone who believes nobody else should decide what's best for your project but you want your project to join the Novaverse and be a part of the bigger narrative? Wel, this Tier was made for you, you are in charge of the creative decisions of your project but it still plays an integral part in the narrative.
Mario's Kingdom Expedition by Taycamgame and 8luestorm.
Tier 1 - SMBX Projects which are a part of the Novaverse/Program and play a prominent role in it.
Additional Requirements:
Lowest quality acceptable for this project is Tier A.
The core foundation/story of your project might be changed to better fit in with The Novaverse.
You are willing to compromise on creative decisions of your project for a better future of your project and smooth development.
You have no issues with potential Sequels/Prequels/Spinoffs to be made of your project in The Novaverse.
It has to have something special about it to stand out from other projects, be it gameplay or story wise.
Description:
Are you willing to become a part of something great? Great! In this Tier, your project becomes one of the popular guys. Your improvement as a creator is The Novaverse's main priority, your project is to play a big role in The Novaverse and the quality of your project is to get higher and higher through realizing your ideas that you are unable to do by yourself or bring The Novaverse's innovation and imagination to the table to make your project truly special.
Super Mario and the Rainbow Stars by YoshiSuperstar and Eri7, Captain Toad: Shine Scramble by LGLMAKING and Eri7, Attack of Darkness:Nova by PopYoshi and Eri7, Mario's Kingdom Adventure by Taycamgame, Eri7 and 8luestorm, Stargazer by Eri7
Tier 0 - Mainline Novaverse SMBX projects, that are projects created by the Novaverse and are in the Novaverse.
Additional Requirements:
Be created by The Novaverse (can be individual projects or even prequels, spinoffs or sequels of already existing projects).
Description:
This Tier is not meant for the Partnership Program since it's not a part of it but it's just explanation of where the rest of the Novaverse Projects stay.
The Novaverse Part 1 by Eri7, MrDoubleA and TawPawNaw, Castle of Chaos by Inferno_Guy and Eri7, Super Mario Nova Zero by Eri7, Super Mario Nova Part 1 by Eri7

Here you stay updated with all of the news and events regarding the Novaverse!

Novaverse's Youtube Channel

Novaverse's Twitter Page

Novaverse's Reddit Page

Updates:
NEW:10/05/2020 Workshops added! Project topics added!
06/06/2020 Banners and Main Hub image updated! New requirement for joining the Partnership Program has been added!
05/05/2020 This Topic has been created!
Current Contests/Events:
Nova Level Contest 2
Nova Art Contest 3
Past Contests/Events:
Nova Level Contest
Nova Art Contest 2
Nova Art Contest
CURSED Event for The Novaverse Part 1
Upcoming Events/Contests:
Nova Direct
The Novaverse Faction War
NEW:
Here you can find the topics of partnered and novaverse projects: NEW:

Welcome to the Novaverse Workshop!
This workshop is a monthly event that is essentially a collab project with different theme each month.
The aim of this workshop is for creators to collab with each other, improve and get to release a compact episode quickly.
Each month's theme is chosen by the mods of the Novaverse Community Server. For each month, there will be a different world map/hub maker who will handle the task to connect the different levels together.
The Novaverse Workshop is NOT a part of the Novaverse Partnership Program or The Novaverse, it is just an opportunity given by this sub community for people to collab with each other. Name of each Workshop's episode will be chosen by the respective world map/hub maker.

Workshops: Major Hubs for the Novaverse (The community server and development server):

If you want to support the Novaverse, please put the banner of the server in your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=https://discord.gg/t3Zuney][img]https://pile.randimg.net/2/163/165971/novaverse1.png[/img][/url]
More info is to come soon so keep an eye on that! ;)
If you have any questions, you can either post them here, on my DMs or even join the novaverse server and ask them there, I will be sure to answer everything and clear up any misunderstandings!
Last edited by Eri7 on Sun May 10, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bomb Kicker DX
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Re: The Novaverse Main Hub - Partnership Program/News/Events

Postby Bomb Kicker DX » Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 am

it's nice to finally see this here

LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: There's always another secret.

Postby LGLMAKING » Tue May 05, 2020 9:23 am

Honk
"I am incredibly lucky I know you and im glad I gave you a chance to be a part of this" -Eri7
"I'm going to call these Janksqueaks from now on." -Clearman06
"IT IS A SKYTREE!!!" -Big K
New producer of the Novaverse, after Eri7's departure from the community.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:29 am

Yay finally its about time

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue May 05, 2020 9:30 am

Why does this commercialized subculture even have exclusive assets? Is it an attempt at subtracting worth of the community at large, focusing on sharing assets between insiders instead of everyone who would like to use the engine?
I'm getting all kinds of bad vibes from every sentence I read in this. It seems to offer services that (if they are well done) should be available to everyone as part of the "Guides" forum, while leaning hard into a very specific development mindset that over time looks like it will certaively deprive this subculture.
Hosting events like directs are a great idea. The fangaming community at large did something similar with F3 a while ago, and I tried to do it for this community in january. So once again, the exclusivity here seems incredibly hostile towards the community at large to me, once again.
I know that there are no hostile intentions here by any of the participants, but I'd be lying if this didn't feel like a massive split down an already tiny community.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:44 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:30 am
Why does this commercialized subculture even have exclusive assets? Is it an attempt at subtracting worth of the community at large, focusing on sharing assets between insiders instead of everyone who would like to use the engine?
I'm getting all kinds of bad vibes from every sentence I read in this. It seems to offer services that (if they are well done) should be available to everyone as part of the "Guides" forum, while leaning hard into a very specific development mindset that over time looks like it will certaively deprive this subculture.
Hosting events like directs are a great idea. The fangaming community at large did something similar with F3 a while ago, and I tried to do it for this community in january. So once again, the exclusivity here seems incredibly hostile towards the community at large to me, once again.
I know that there are no hostile intentions here by any of the participants, but I'd be lying if this didn't feel like a massive split down an already tiny community.
I would like to clear up several stuff about this. The Novaverse is not an engine, its a network of multiple projects being developed in different engines. The assets we use are made for Novaverse Projects, just like there are projects like M&L's Delightful Adventure which have assets made for that specific project (However, not all assets are to be used for Novaverse Projects only, there are certain assets that we want to release once the following projects which use them are finished and that should be in a sense, understandable since we don't want to cheapen the value of what the projects have to offer). The way we teach stuff can't exactly be written in a Guides forums because most stuff has already been written there (however I am planning on making few Guides on certain topics like Advertisement, Multi-tasking and Story), we teach through experience, feedback and setting new goals to overcome. First off, we explore every creator's strengths and weaknesses, and slowly try to find ways on how they can improve. Keep in mind The Novaverse's goal currently is to finish it's main lineup of projects while teaching the project creators involved with it on how to get better, it's not something I will do for every single creator in this forum, this is called a Partnership program for a reason, we give our time and resources towards individuals who then give us projects to release for people to enjoy. The Nova Direct is exclusive for the Novaverse Projects in a sense where we introduce the line-ups of projects, interview different creators regarding their project, the decisions they take on the development of their project and etc. and showcase new promotional material and also including several guests who will talk about the SMBX community and The Novaverse. This shouldn't be taken as hostile, it's our own entity in the SMBX community. And so far, after 2 years of work on the network, I still have not witnessed any split between communities or something like that, most people still are active in the other parts of the SMBX community. Hopefully I managed to clear things up for you :)

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Tue May 05, 2020 10:32 am

You cleared a few things up, misunderstood me referring to SMBX as an engine as referring to the Novaverse, and didn't exactly succeed at easing how I have been feeling for the past 2 years.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

skyhighway
Bit
Bit
Flair: hey i guess

Postby skyhighway » Tue May 05, 2020 10:57 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:32 am
You cleared a few things up, misunderstood me referring to SMBX as an engine as referring to the Novaverse, and didn't exactly succeed at easing how I have been feeling for the past 2 years.
He is being fair, though. If he, or people he works with don't want a mass of people using their work, they have the right to express that. And if they really wanted the stuff that badly, they would partner.
I do not care about who you believe in.
and now for the shitposting: show
Quill wrote:Bowser was laughing because he had an AK-47 and Luigi didn't.
Knux wrote: I imagine that the theme for hell is just smb3 sky over and over again

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Tue May 05, 2020 11:07 am

I dislike how much of this novaverse thing has been pretty much a cult of stamping "hey can i claim this project and make you join the Novaverse Cinematic UniverseTM"

This could have been a neat idea but it just seems a weirdly strapped togheter bunch of people and ideas with not much in there minus your original characters getting all the attention;

This whole exclusivity in content and systems just feels like a complete wall rather than a friendly collaboration to make something bigger like someting akin to JUMP or other projects, there's so much focus on this "Universe" that i don't think any newcomer could have a good time to wrap their head around all of this stuff, including the wildly varying levels in quality, and if you are willing to try and balance like 10 projects to feel like a proper, coherent experience, then i don't expect this to ever be done, and if it will, i don't think it'd be the good quality that it could have potentially.

I don't mean to sound rude, i completely understand your endeavor and anyone's free to use their time for their own, creative ideas.
it just all seems so convoluted and... foggy, imo.

again, this is just coming from how i've felt about this whole Nova thing for years, i'm a direct person as you know.

I wish you luck with this, at least.
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:28 pm

I dislike how much of this novaverse thing has been pretty much a cult of stamping "hey can i claim this project and make you join the Novaverse Cinematic UniverseTM"
The creator themselves decided to agree to join the partnership program and have agreed to stick with it during all this time. I just gave them the opportunity for their project to join this network and I am willing to give the opportunity to even more people hence why this topic partially exists (and to also inform people of what The Novaverse is). I also want to note that I have divided the program in several tiers depending on what the creators want. If you do not want your project to be a part of the story side of the Novaverse, that's perfectly fine, that's why Tier 3 exists, for projects such as Mario and the Wrath of Dimentio and Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites which are not connected in the story but still receive the same support as a project connected to it would.
This could have been a neat idea but it just seems a weirdly strapped togheter bunch of people and ideas with not much in there minus your original characters getting all the attention;
As far as I know, I have barely revealed anything about our ideas and execution of said ideas, the only way to know in details what is going on behind the scenes is to be in the development team and even that is not enough to know everything in detail, only the Project Owners and Co-Producer know the most about this. I and other people have put a lot of thought on how to connect all of these ideas together in a way that will not seem odd and we have came up with a plan since several months already that we believe would be a good way to execute The Novaverse. More info on that will be talked on the Nova Direct where all project creators will be interviewed about their experiences, way of developing their projects, how did concept X or concept Y came to existence and etc. The original characters are also made by several people including the Project Owners and I see nothing wrong with them taking the attention for now, once the episodes are released, the rest of the aspects will come into play, there is no way to play something if its not released, right?
This whole exclusivity in content and systems just feels like a complete wall rather than a friendly collaboration to make something bigger like someting akin to JUMP or other projects, there's so much focus on this "Universe" that i don't think any newcomer could have a good time to wrap their head around all of this stuff, including the wildly varying levels in quality, and if you are willing to try and balance like 10 projects to feel like a proper, coherent experience, then i don't expect this to ever be done, and if it will, i don't think it'd be the good quality that it could have potentially.
Here is the thing, this is not a collab nor a project, this is a network. It's not meant to be easily accessable in the first place, only creators who have proved themselves as reliable and co-operative get the chance to be accepted and it also depends partially on the required Tier of quality (this requirement can be ignored if the creator proves that he has potential to improve, similar cases to this include LGLMAKING and Inferno_Guy who started out very low but have worked hard to reach their potential as creators and they still have only scratched the surface of what they are capable of doing).
I don't see why having a focus on shared narrative has to be a bad thing, it helps us mantain stability on what we are doing and helps us avoid any issues between connecting the different ideas/concepts. As I already stated, people have the chance to join the partnership without joining the said narrative.
And yes, I am trying to balance the qualities of all these projects, but in a way that they don't reach low quality, the different people involved in the development of all projects have agreed to continue to improve and improve their levels based on the feedback that was given. (Different tiers have different low quality mark, projects from Tier 3 can sink as much as Tier C, but projects from Tier 1 have to be at atleast Tier A)
Also we have been making major progress on releasing several episodes this year and we are getting very close to that, sometimes, the project owners even exceed my expectations of how fast they work. Also believing that improving stuff if necessary wouldn't turn out to be good is a bit weird if you ask me, isn't it the point of improving both projects and creators for the benefit of a better future?
I don't mean to sound rude, i completely understand your endeavor and anyone's free to use their time for their own, creative ideas.
it just all seems so convoluted and... foggy, imo.
I have already stated that I am willing to have one on one discussions with people interested in the partnership, finding out which Tier fits the best for their project, exploring each creator's strengths and weaknesses and helping them improve. I am fully on board on explaining everything to anyone and I have the time do that :)
More info on the novaverse will slowly come up with the Nova Direct where people can see for themselves how much a positive impact The Novaverse has had on the different partnered projects, even the Anniversary video already showed the thank you messages in the end of it from the different project owners.
again, this is just coming from how i've felt about this whole Nova thing for years, i'm a direct person as you know.
Completely understandable, I am well aware of my past actions and decisions that I have taken however The Novaverse is constantly going through different evolutions and being shaped by the different creators which are a part of it and thanks to our hard work, cooperation and strong bonds, we have taken The Novaverse from the supposed "trainwreck" it was and have transformed it into a way to express ourselves, our creativities and ideas.
I believe the future is bright and that we deserve to achieve this happy future :).
I wish you luck with this, at least.
Thank you Darknoius, I wish you luck with your projects as well :D

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:06 pm

I have nothing against this universe and I hope it succeeds but I would think this would add a lot more pressure for someone to finish their project thus leading to burn out. Interesting idea though. If this is like a support group that's great. Some people need support groups. I have always been self content and was never much of a people person anyways lol. My wife on the other hand loves to hang out with other people for support and friendship so I get it. My advice is to keep it family orientated. That always works better.

It's not like you are forcing anyone to join. Good luck with your project/group.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue May 05, 2020 2:10 pm

We already had burnout issues in the past xd
Progression rate is pretty stable. Every now and then there's a couple of screenshots by Eri and the other designers (who have become a lot better due to mutual communication and exchange).

Also I can relate to the story concern, I'll make sure that everything is put to the acid test before release, especially concerning story-gameplay connection. I skip story in nearly every episode, so my impression will be some kind of indicator.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:06 pm
I have nothing against this universe and I hope it succeeds but I would think this would add a lot more pressure for someone to finish their project thus leading to burn out. Interesting idea though. If this is like a support group that's great. Some people need support groups. I have always been self content and was never much of a people person anyways lol. My wife on the other hand loves to hang out with other people for support and friendship so I get it. My advice is to keep it family orientated. That always works better.

It's not like you are forcing anyone to join. Good luck with your project/group.
We have a lot of experience with dealing with burn-outs in the past haha, so we have tried to turn this experience into a way to learn on how to avoid burn out and to constantly keep in back of our minds that taking a break is a good thing for our health and the overall life of each project we work on :)

Also that's a cool way to interprete it, a support group, heh.
But yeah, we not only share resources, knowledge, experience and etc.
We also motivate each other, encourage ourselves to be better and basically, support each other like a family 8-)
And we are open to new family members :)

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Tue May 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Fact: The MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) spanned from 2010 to 2019. That's 10 years worth of films that pretty much had complete success.
So, it's been done before - there's no reason for The Novaverse to be unable to succeed. It's been in the making for a lot less time (2016 - present) but is still coming along really well. It already has a solid foundation and a lot of the projects are nearing completion.

Just... don't doubt it, ok? The Novaverse has grown greatly ever since it began and the release of each episode is bound to be grand. Trust me when I say that all projects within The Novaverse have equal potential - just wait and see.

Truth be told, I too had doubts about this whole Nova thing before. But over the last year or so, it's became evident that the projects will probably end up being successful! They aren't just a bunch of low-quality pieces of work thrown together overnight; they have extensive planning involved. While I doubted the success of The Novaverse before, I now really do think it has potential.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:47 pm

Just wanted to clear a misinformation about Taycamgame's statement, this version of The Novaverse exists since 2018 April 12th, before that, there was the old version of the Novaverse which existed from November 2017 until early 2018. It got cancelled of course due to poor planning, handling and overall it being a mess. Before that, the novaverse didn't exist but the core project used to start the Novaverse called Super Mario Nova existed since December 2016. I guess taycam mixed stuff up together with the super mario nova/old novaverse and the new novaverse and that's why he referred to it as starting from 2016 and not 2018.
Also thank you Taycam for your perspective on the Novaverse and I'm glad you are feeling this way :)

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:54 pm

skyhighway wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:57 am
Enjl wrote:
He is being fair, though. If he, or people he works with don't want a mass of people using their work, they have the right to express that. And if they really wanted the stuff that badly, they would partner.
There is so much content for smbx already out there I doubt anyone is really going to join the nova verse just to get some extra content but I do get your point. They want to reserve it for their nova verse which is understandable.

Enjl is just worried this could split what is a very small community which is also understandable.

I personally could never do a collab or nova verse. I can understand having some beta testers when the project is done but for design and creation I want to do it all myself.

Some people really need help though. I see a lot of projects that get started and never finished or have to many Rompy world 1 levels with unfinished parts or no bgos etc. Those people could benefit from extra help. Other people just enjoy story lines like this.

The biggest problem will be the story line in my oppinion. The nova verse is similar to the conjuring universe, DC or the avengers universe where all movies are in the same world with the same people and characters. The avenger universe was great because of the story line and characters thus the storyline must be well thought out from the get go or it may not work for some people. Maybe that won't be an issue since smbx is just a game.

Those are just my thoughts.

Added in 3 minutes 58 seconds:
Eri7 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:06 pm

We have a lot of experience with dealing with burn-outs in the past haha, so we have tried to turn this experience into a way to learn on how to avoid burn out and to constantly keep in back of our minds that taking a break is a good thing for our health and the overall life of each project we work on :)

Also that's a cool way to interprete it, a support group, heh.
But yeah, we not only share resources, knowledge, experience and etc.
We also motivate each other, encourage ourselves to be better and basically, support each other like a family 8-)
And we are open to new family members :)
See when you keep it family orientated there is no pressure and everyone is so much happier and I'm glad you have found ways to deal with burn outs. I have said my thoughts and will leave the discusion at that.

I hope your project the best.

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
Taycamgame wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:35 pm
Fact: The MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) spanned from 2010 to 2019. That's 10 years worth of films that pretty much had complete success.
So, it's been done before - there's no reason for The Novaverse to be unable to succeed. It's been in the making for a lot less time (2016 - present) but is still coming along really well. It already has a solid foundation and a lot of the projects are nearing completion.
I saw this after my last post.
Last edited by Teemster2 on Tue May 05, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Tue May 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:54 pm
Some people really need help though. I see a lot of projects that get started and never finished or have to many Rompy world 1 levels with unfinished parts or no bgos etc. Those people could benefit from extra help.
I agree with this bit (not the subtle jab at the design style but the "providing aid" bit), however I'm not convinced the management of this subculture is capable of providing proper aid. My comment about creative deprivation stems from this, as recent novaverse project showcases have all looked really cookie-cutter with a strong focus on style over substance. A long-standing fear of mine is that it will narrow the creative thinking of creators due to some arbitrary specific quality measurements, and flawed suggestions coming from the mentor(s?). This fear has been becoming more inevitable as time went on and I saw more of the projects that partake in this.
I genuinely think that random youtube videos on platformer game design are a more valuable resource to a newcomer than this, and that as a community we can do a lot better in helping newcomers to come to grips with the engine and enabling them to do what they want to do. The first step of course being to recognize that nobody here is a senior game developer and that more experienced people have resources on the matter that need to be brought to the attention of interested people.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:00 pm
Some people really need help though. I see a lot of projects that get started and never finished or have to many Rompy world 1 levels with unfinished parts or no bgos etc. Those people could benefit from extra help. Other people just enjoy story lines like this.
That's me right there needing help but no about not completing world 1 since I'm on World 8

Teemster2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Teemster2 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:03 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Some people really need help though. I see a lot of projects that get started and never finished or have to many Rompy world 1 levels with unfinished parts or no bgos etc. Those people could benefit from extra help.
I agree with this bit (not the subtle jab at the design style but the "providing aid" bit), however I'm not convinced the management of this subculture is capable of providing proper aid. My comment about creative deprivation stems from this, as recent novaverse project showcases have all looked really cookie-cutter with a strong focus on style over substance. A long-standing fear of mine is that it will narrow the creative thinking of creators due to some arbitrary specific quality measurements, and flawed suggestions coming from the mentor(s?). This fear has been becoming more inevitable as time went on and I saw more of the projects that partake in this.
I genuinely think that random youtube videos on platformer game design are a more valuable resource to a newcomer than this, and that as a community we can do a lot better in helping newcomers to come to grips with the engine and enabling them to do what they want to do. The first step of course being to recognize that nobody here is a senior game developer and that more experienced people have resources on the matter that need to be brought to the attention of interested people.

This is why I have to do my project alone. I have a big imagination and know what I want and I don't want the pressure of being tied down to a universe type structure.

This will work great for some people and I'm not putting down the project.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:14 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
skyhighway wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:57 am
Enjl wrote:
There is so much content for smbx already out there I doubt anyone is really going to join the nova verse just to get some extra content but I do get your point. They want to reserve it for their nova verse which is understandable.

Enjl is just worried this could split what is a very small community which is also understandable.

I personally could never do a collab or nova verse. I can understand having some beta testers when the project is done but for design and creation I want to do it all myself.

I see both pros and cons to this.

The beggist problem will be the story line in my oppinion. The nova verse is similar to the conjuring universe, DC or the avengrrs universe where most projects are in the same world with the same people and characters. The avenger universe was great because of the story line and characters thus the storyline must be well thought out from the get go or it may not work for some people. Maybe that won't be an issue since smbx is just a game.

Those are just my thoughts.
Well considering The Novaverse has managed to exist these 2 years without causing any split in the community should already tell that The Novaverse is not meant to split the community but to enhance the tiny % of it that is interested in joining the partnership program.
Also depending on how you want your project to join the Novaverse, it will receive different benefits, as you said, you do not desire for other people to interfere with the design and creation process of your project, that's perfectly fine as long as you meet the bare minimum of quality which is acceptable based on Tier your project is in.
Also yeah, one of the main aspects The Novaverse presents is that it's basically a life support for your project, it won't die and if the creator were to give up but still is fine with others continuing the work on it, this is where The Novaverse will keep it alive until said project is finished.
About the storyline, The Novaverse's narrative takes place in a Multiverse which means multiple individual universes or parallel universes of the main nintendo one. Projects like Mario's Kingdom Adventure and Super Mario Nova prioritize their own individual universe first and then the Multiverse that the Novaverse is building and it works well for these projects because they are more oriented towards their individual progression which then can be used as as sequel to when everything comes back together.
Also I have already stated but I put a lot of thought into the storyline, currently, the first episode that will be released in the next few months has over 100 concept arts drawn for it, this is a lot when you think the purpose of a concept art is to develop an idea and explain it through visuals and most of these ideas are related to the story in one form or another, then I have a lot of discussions that I had with other team members regarding the story and our creative decisions on the project's story. Needless to say, I believe foundation of each project plays a very important role of what it's possible to execute and how well it can be executed. Story plays an important role of the foundation of most projects which means I try to have multiple discussions with each project owner regarding the story of their project and how it ties in the Novaverse.
Enjl wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
The Novaverse Partnership Program is not aimed at newcomers, I already stated there are countless resources all there where people can learn and that what The Novaverse offers is learning through experience, teamwork, project management, planning, social communication and few other aspects.
It is for people who could be struggling with their project and need this "support group/life support system" that will help their project tremendously, people who are interested in making story like projects and are interested to be a part of the Novaverse or for the rest of people who are interested in joining the Novaverse and have the requirements to join it. The Novaverse is not a school where newcomers can come and become educated, it is a place where you can gather experience but to enter, you need already existing prior knowledge, even if it's not up to standards, if you as a creator show potential, I will be willing to give you a chance. I already stated several times The Novaverse is a place where we welcome different ideas, because we are using a well thought out structured environment to achieve that shouldn't render our goal useless, but in a way, it ensures stability and focus.
As I already stated, people have the choice to join this program, it's NOT an alternative to you going on youtube, searching how to design a level and watching the video, it is simply another way of learning stuff which should NOT replace the already existing methods and resources but enhance them with our experience and resources. In the end of the day, we are not the most professional guys if we can even call ourselves professional, we are bunch of people who got tired of seeing projects with potential get cancelled on daily basis and decided to give an alternative to projects like these who instead of getting cancelled or not living up to their potential, get to experience a better future under the Novaverse's wing and get to be a part of something bigger.

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
Teemster2 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:10 pm
Enjl wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:

This is why I have to do my project alone. I have a big imagination and know what I want and I don't want the pressure of being tied down to a universe type structure.

This will work great for some people and I'm not putting down the project.
I already stated that Tier 3 exists for people who don't want their project to be "tied down" to the Multiverse that the Novaverse offers but work as independent self contained stories which receive support from the Novaverse.
Last edited by Eri7 on Tue May 05, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”