Least Favourite Episodes

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Least Favourite Episodes

Postby MrPunchia » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Which episode(s) did you like the least, or even hate? (P.S.: Don't be rude.)
Last edited by MrPunchia on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Re: Least Favourite Episodes

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:37 pm

I didn't really like Mario Classic, at least in comparison to SMBANB. It felt a bit generic compared to ANB's gimmick of having throwback worlds and lots of collectible stars.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

SMBXxer
Grinder
Grinder

Postby SMBXxer » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:39 pm

I feel like this could hurt someone's feelings.
Might be working on an episode maybe.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:02 pm

All of the Tower of Biased episodes.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:45 am

I didn't like Return to Yoshi's island. It was really hard and it had many clash and errors.
im bored

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:14 am

Christian07 wrote:I didn't like Return to Yoshi's island. It was really hard and it had many clash and errors.
At that time SMBX is still in beta and yet there's not many custom graphics at that time so the project turns out like this (I think)

Zephyr
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Zephyr » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 am

FanofSMBX wrote:I didn't really like Mario Classic, at least in comparison to SMBANB. It felt a bit generic compared to ANB's gimmick of having throwback worlds and lots of collectible stars.
This is such an interesting opinion to me because I used far more creative/unique gimmicks in Mario Classic than I did in ANB. There was so much stuff that hadn't been seen in SMBX yet. For example: riding boos, mine cart, a level centered around stopping time, platforms that raise when you tail whip them (I actually did this before nintendo), the cheat code challenges, the red/blue switch flop level in the bonus world, the light that follows you in a dark cave, and the bully platform in bowser's castle to name a few. These gimmicks in themselves wouldn't make an episode, but I though. They did add a lot more variety to it.

Combine all the different ghimmicks that I hope were well executed and the shorter levels that make it less frustrating than ANB and I cannot fathom how it is a worse episode. Did you actually finish it?

I'm just curious, is there any somewhat recent episode that you DO like? Because I think I remember you having a lower opinion of star expedition as well and I can't remember you saying you liked anything that came out in the last few years.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a rant I don't intend it to be one, but I just want to be able to understand your opinion so I can try to improve.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:11 am

Zephyr wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:I didn't really like Mario Classic, at least in comparison to SMBANB. It felt a bit generic compared to ANB's gimmick of having throwback worlds and lots of collectible stars.
This is such an interesting opinion to me because I used far more creative/unique gimmicks in Mario Classic than I did in ANB. There was so much stuff that hadn't been seen in SMBX yet. For example: riding boos, mine cart, a level centered around stopping time, platforms that raise when you tail whip them (I actually did this before nintendo), the cheat code challenges, the red/blue switch flop level in the bonus world, the light that follows you in a dark cave, and the bully platform in bowser's castle to name a few. These gimmicks in themselves wouldn't make an episode, but I though. They did add a lot more variety to it.

Combine all the different ghimmicks that I hope were well executed and the shorter levels that make it less frustrating than ANB and I cannot fathom how it is a worse episode. Did you actually finish it?

I'm just curious, is there any somewhat recent episode that you DO like? Because I think I remember you having a lower opinion of star expedition as well and I can't remember you saying you liked anything that came out in the last few years.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a rant I don't intend it to be one, but I just want to be able to understand your opinion so I can try to improve.
I prefer MC over ANB, although neither of them are really up there with my favourites. I felt MC's level design to become quite repetitive after a while.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:51 pm

@Zephyr:

I will say one thing about Mario Classic (I've probably said this before, and I will probably say it again): having the hammer suit merely halfway through really broke the rest of the episode; it allowed you to kill the boos in Rideaboo Fortress and kill the vampire in world 8 in one hit (almost instantly), and those are just two examples. If you had thought this through better and built the rest of the episode around knowing that the player might have a hammer suit (or just removed it from the level entirely), you could have avoided making this Classic Mistake.

As for A New Beginning, it was...forgettable. I remember that it introduced me to Joe & Mac, but that's about it.

On topic:

I didn't like Secret of the Dry Guys. Not only did the creator fully admit to it being unfinished but posted it in the Completed Episodes section anyway, there were quite a few levels that were simply broken; the first underwater level had Jelectros just off-screen, making a certain area of the level impossible to get past, and another level had a door maze where you could get stuck and be unable to exit besides pausing and exiting the entire episode.

Another episode I didn't like was The Orb of Time and Space II: I can forgive the absence of any The Orb of Time and Space 1, and I can forgive it's bland level design; in fact, the reason I downloaded the episode was so I could play 2-player with my unskilled (at playing Mario games) parents. However, the episode was clearly untested: there was a certain boss where you had to pick up the SMB2 cactus enemy and throw it at the Wart sprite-swap to defeat it, but the creator put the enemy on a slope which caused a glitch to where one of the cactus enemies would be sent somewhere in the middle of the stack, and attempting to pick up the enemy that was supposed to be there would cause both enemies to die, rendering the boss unbeatable. If this had been tested once, the creator would have been able to fix it easily.

Thanks for reading my rants, and thanks to Aeon Wisp for giving me, and the rest of the community, an outlet for our rants.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

moemoe02
Rex
Rex

Postby moemoe02 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:30 pm

I think there might be an existing topic kind of a bit similar to this one: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=1083

But anyways, my least favorites were Mario Classic, mainly because of how this episode frustrated me a lot from losing lots and lots of lives, and some levels in the Tower of Biased series because, probably the same kind of issue I had with Mario Classic, but although some levels don't seem unfairly difficult, and I think that's probably about it... I guess...
PLEASE READ THIS:
1. I only let board administrators lock my topics, if you ask me if you wanna lock a topic made by me, PLEASE ASK
2. NO E-MAILING, only private message me
<bossedit8> WHAT IS WITH THESE DONUTS SERIOUSLY?

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 am

moemoe02 wrote:I think there might be an existing topic kind of a bit similar to this one: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=1083
Least favorite does not necessarily mean most difficult. I would enjoy playing a "difficult" episode as long as it's fair.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:32 am

You guys already know i don't like NSMGX, the design is awful with stupid missions, not to mention the "fission mailed" level from Sttb2 that got used in this mess.
also only Darkyoshi's level were beautiful and decent, the final boss is a selfish battle against Spark itself, i used to do that too, but i did once, and it was only a secret boss, not an actual final boss.
By the way what happened to Darkyoshi?

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:39 am

The Great Empire 2 was a chore. The levels seemed to have been made in 15 seconds each and the world map wasn't even complete.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:42 am

In The Great Empire 2 it's impossible to enjoy the game when half of the levels crash the game!

Quill
Rydia
Rydia
Current Project: Apocalypse of Foroze...?

Postby Quill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 am

Apocalypse of Foroze 2 isn't even complete!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 am

Valtteri wrote:In The Great Empire 2 it's impossible to enjoy the game when half of the levels crash the game!
Nothing's impossible when you spend an hour editing npc text files!

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Second Reality Project X
Chat Username: Savordez

Postby Wind » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 am

the invasion 2 sucks

<bossedit8> abuse nicely

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:50 am

In The Great Empire 2 there was a level that consisted of nothing but vines and lady bugs. So cheap.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:50 am

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:52 am

Sorry but the AoF map was pretty sexy.

Return to “General”