The Creative ContestIt’s time for the new official forum contest, and we decided to make this one unique and original. This is why this contest’s theme is originality, because we believe that the community is defined by three things: friendship, creativity, and fun;
This contest has a definite theme, which is nature. This means participants can design any level they want as long as it is part of the broader theme. You can design forest, grassland, cave, underwater, outer space, mountain, volcano levels, or anything else which is part of the nature theme. This means indoor areas such as castles, ghost houses and themes that are not related to nature are prohibited entirely.
Below is a list of rules that all levels must abide by:
- The level must be part of the nature theme. As explained above, any level which is not related to the broader theme will be disqualified.
- The level must have a unique concept at its core. We want level creators to make players think about ways of completing the level and passing all the difficulties and obstacles.
- The level must have an adequate length and difficulty. The level mustn’t be impossible to complete without the use of cheat codes, or too easy to complete. Also, the level mustn’t be too short and must have at least two sections.
When submitting your level, you must include a working download link (preferably on dropbox, google drive, skydrive, iCloud or any other cloud storage service) and at least one screenshot in the submission message. You must also say what theme your level is based on.
Judges and Judging CriteriaThe judges of this contest are:
The levels will be judged depending on the following aspects:
- The creativity of the concept at the level’s core. Your level has to be creative in order to receive a high score, and smart gameplay development is the way to go.
- The environment and the graphics of the level, depending on how beautiful and fitting they are.
- The creativity and uniqueness of the obstacles and gimmicks of the level. Your level must have creative mechanisms in it in order to receive a good score.
Note that the level score is represented by the arithmetic mean of the scores received for the abovementioned aspects.
- You can't reveal any information regarding the level. Doing so will get your level disqualified.
To participate, simply submit your level to reghrhre. I will then redirect them to the judges. The deadline of this contest is the 31st of January.
Good luck, and let the most creative level win!
A prize awaits the winner. (Ehh, I gotta think of one rather)