Interesting things in SMBX

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Interesting things in SMBX

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:23 am

When playing around with a lava level, I soon discovered that by altering the Blargg's speed, it allowed him to jump further. There is also another, obvious secret as well, although more of a glitch, which involves having an upgraded form of the player duck and slide into an area, then release Down. The player slides straight out, opposite direction to the way they're facing. However, a lot of people know this secret.

Anyways, these were two secrets that I found with SMBX. This thread is for anyone that has discovered some secrets to do with SMBX.
Last edited by HeroLinik on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Re: Secrets in SMBX

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:20 pm

If you freeze an NPC, and a moving platform (on background-71-74) catches it, the ice block will continue to move in that direction even when the platform changes direction.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

FutureNyanCat2014
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Although more of a bug than a secret, flying Paratroopas can be set to not jump by setting cliffturn=1. Other settings (Fly Horizontally and Vertically, and Chase) still work, though. This allows for real SMW Yellow Paratroopas.
ImageImageImageImage
Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/
"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Let's turn these into a list!
5. If you set a Zelda 2 Tinsuit (the wolf knight) to cliffturn=1 it doesn't hop. You can make squishy Goombas! XD
6. The Grinder will always have one block's height out of the ground, no matter what height it is set to.
7. You can spinjump on a blooper when it is poking out of the water and destroy it. :O

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Chill Pingu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Chill Pingu » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:06 pm

well...
make a lakitu throw a podoboo and it will generate a kind of walking podoboo.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 am

FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:Although more of a bug than a secret, flying Paratroopas can be set to not jump by setting cliffturn=1. Other settings (Fly Horizontally and Vertically, and Chase) still work, though. This allows for real SMW Yellow Paratroopas.
Wait you can actually make real yellow Paratroopas? This is fantastic news, thanks.

Also another bug, but if you go through a non-item enabled door while Yoshi has wings from a blue shell or similar, he will keep the wings permanently but can hold other items in his mouth.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

MarioWorker12
Spiny
Spiny

Postby MarioWorker12 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:12 am

I bet you all know this, but if you're lucky enough you can actually freeze a Bullet Bill Launcher. I think this only happens when the iceball hits the corners, but I'm not sure.
If you create a warp on a moving layer, the exit warp will also move with it even if it is on default layer.
I am almost positive that you all know this, but if you select a SMB3 Bowser, and switch to SMB screen on NPCs tab and turn Lakitu to Yes, you'll get Lakitus throwing Lakitus and a secret NPC tab.
This one's kind of surprising, but just like Boom-Boom, Larry Koopa and etc, Bowser can also be killed by fireballs! The thing is you'll really need too many of them. Someone actually made a video of it, I guess (and I think it was Dragonmaster146 :O)
A Roto-disc set on Don't Move will basically just move up and down.
Unless they aren't given a message or set as friendly, NPCs listed as "People" (The jumping Toad, Peach, Link etc) can be killed by other NPCs or used as mushrooms.

Chill Pingu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Chill Pingu » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 am

MarioWorker12 wrote:I am almost positive that you all know this, but if you select a SMB3 Bowser, and switch to SMB screen on NPCs tab and turn Lakitu to Yes, you'll get Lakitus throwing Lakitus and a secret NPC tab.
that works for every npc not just smb3 bowser.

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:37 am

It is possible to kill a fishbone with a spin jump.

Also, there are some unused rooms in The Invasion 2, as well as a unused Luigi npc in level 4.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:53 pm

MarioWorker12 wrote:I am almost positive that you all know this, but if you select a SMB3 Bowser, and switch to SMB screen on NPCs tab and turn Lakitu to Yes, you'll get Lakitus throwing Lakitus and a secret NPC tab.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... f=35&t=449

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Украинец
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/hnumbers

Postby h2643 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 am

You can ride a Rainbow Shell on the water too.
Last edited by h2643 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarioWorker12
Spiny
Spiny

Postby MarioWorker12 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 am

h2643 wrote:You can ride a Rainbow Shell on the water.
and on lava as well

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:33 pm

MarioWorker12 wrote:
h2643 wrote:You can ride a Rainbow Shell on the water.
and on lava as well
Isn't that the whole point of riding the Rainbow Shell in the first place?
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Yeah, riding on lava is the main reason that the rainbow shell was added in the first place. That's what Redigit showed it being used for in the original images if I remember correctly.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 am

Nogravity=1 Podoboos fly into the air and never go down or stop! Like a projectile!

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

turtwig1123
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: in growtopia: 8bit, in smbx: mario's nightmare

Postby turtwig1123 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 am

if you pick a berried thwomp up out of the ground, it will return the the hight it was planted at when you throw it 0.o
me in growtopia:
me in smbx (not really, but you get the idea):

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:32 pm

If you hold a regular bullet bill launcher somehow, it will behave identically to a Billy Gun.

- a spam account, 2016

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Postby mariogeek2 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 pm

If you bury a boss npc, such as SMB3 bowser then pick him up with the character, they become a meat shield that you can use to plow through enemies, though they're susceptible to smb2 and smb3 bombs/bob-ombs and lava. But, as long as you're plowing through regular enemies, such as goombas and koopas, you've got an awesome weapon that'll obliterate your enemies.
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:21 am

If you are holding a SMB2 NPC (or other like SMB2 NPCs) and you go to the glass boss, glass will have continuous hits and it will die after a few seconds.
im bored

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:37 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:If you bury a boss npc, such as SMB3 bowser then pick him up with the character, they become a meat shield that you can use to plow through enemies, though they're susceptible to smb2 and smb3 bombs/bob-ombs and lava. But, as long as you're plowing through regular enemies, such as goombas and koopas, you've got an awesome weapon that'll obliterate your enemies.
I believe SMB3 Bowser immediately escapes your grip after you've dug him up and attacks you.

Return to “General”