Interesting things in SMBX

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Lakitu3500
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Haters of SMBX: The N00B rebel

Re: Interesting things in SMBX

Postby Lakitu3500 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUy0Fgv-Llg
Found a weird glitch. (When you climb on this vine, it pushes you for some reason)

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Lakitu3500 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUy0Fgv-Llg
Found a weird glitch. (When you climb on this vine, it pushes you for some reason)
Oh yeah, that's the "thrown vine glitch." Basically, if the player is holding a vine and throws it (or if the vine is spawned from a generator), attempting to climb it will launch the player in the direction it was thrown or generated (setting it down will make it act like a normal vine). It has been used before in other levels:

https://youtu.be/7WOBbLG6PXk?list=PLTi6 ... omfJ&t=110

https://youtu.be/B0mRa0XhlVc?list=PLAMb ... neyb&t=110

https://youtu.be/vuyH8sylApY?list=PLgDM ... VWIK&t=158
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

World Star 9
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: None (I have no Ideas)

Postby World Star 9 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm unsure if anyone knows this but it is possible to make real SMB3 paragoombas
"To weird or not to weird, that is the odd question" - Oddliam Weirdspeare

I'm on NSMBX forums too! Don't forget YouTube!: Image
Forever in repetition, the best adjective for the New Super Mario Bros. Series (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

I Support:

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:20 am

World Star 9 wrote:I'm unsure if anyone knows this but it is possible to make real SMB3 paragoombas
That's quite easy, actually. If you actually wanted to replicate the Micro-Goomba AI though, then you'll need Lua.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Stickman01
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Stickman01 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:30 pm

I found this when testing SMB2 Mario(as Toad) and the Fairy Pendant with switch blocks. If you place a player switch down, and then the player blocks to the upper right and left of the switch, then softly float down onto the player switch, then you'll fall right through the player switch.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:12 pm

If you spinjump in a space 32px high as small Mario with a springboard in the space, Mario spins around forever

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:05 pm

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:24 pm

bossedit8 wrote:

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqzxvbq1sl0
THat old glitch/video? Thanks for the video at least...

ImageImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:54 am

Maximal score exploit! There's a level in MaGLX2 that cheaply allows you to do that.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby litchh » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Do you know? Boom Boom is the only NPC, who blocks Yoshi's fireballs (and flamethrower) with his own body.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:14 pm

litchh wrote:Do you know? Boom Boom is the only NPC, who blocks Yoshi's fireballs (and flamethrower) with his own body.
Samething goes to the SMB3 Bowser.

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting my life together.

Postby crusher169 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:51 pm

in smbx 2.0 with zelda, if you use the npc reseting powerup whilst holding an object and standing near something (e.g. holding a key and standing near a fairy pendant) and you use the power, you will be holding the item. it happened in a kaizo level im making. makes it harder :3

edit: wow noones made another post so i have to edit this one

with juni, if you use the tanooki powerup (invincibility) just as you land on a black that woul;d hurt you and you time it right, you can land on a block that would kill you and still live. you can do it infinately if youre lucky enough with the hard timing

edit 2: i found more things with klonoa
if you freeze an enemy with the ice flower (like a goomba) and throw it, then unfreeze it with one of klonoas fireballs, the enemy loses gravity. it just stops using its normal gravity. i know why this hapens but its still funny to watch
also hitting a blockm with klonoa makes rupees fly infinately up. its very hard to collect them since they have no gravity in the first place
and throwing a bullet bill down does nothing to it. it just stays there

edit 3: srsly? am i the only one who posts here now? either way. i found another cool thing with the worn-out bridges in smbx 2.0

edit 4: weird thing happens... half the time i start a level with diagonal podobos, boo snakes or maverick thwomps, they jujst go through most blocks. im not sure why this is happening either
(note. i found this out in the level the above gif is showing. but there was no other spaces left liek there are now)

edit 4.5: forgot to mention another thing i found. putting a player offscreen and startign the level crashes smbx. happened when i put a player above the level limit in pge

edit 5: making a txt file for smbx 2.0 enemies makes all the 2.0 enemies stop working. you can jump on them, but not kill them when you do that. its so weird
I'm not good at making signatures.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:33 am

Credits goes to litchh for this interesting thing in SMBX:
litchh wrote:
Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ouaRWHRnD0

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 am

You can make .gifs by pressing f11 and stopping them again with f11 you know. As for the thing with juni, I have done that in Kaizo levels with a Tanooki suit. I also knew about a lot of the stuff you mentioned. As for offscreen player start points, it is the same when a warp is outside the section bounders by more than 16 pixels.

A bug I found is that I can not get Toad to enter a pipe without crashing SMBX.

ImageImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:09 am

crusher169 wrote:in smbx 2.0 with zelda, if you use the npc reseting powerup whilst holding an object and standing near something (e.g. holding a key and standing near a fairy pendant) and you use the power, you will be holding the item. it happened in a kaizo level im making. makes it harder :3

with juni, if you use the tanooki powerup (invincibility) just as you land on a black that woul;d hurt you and you time it right, you can land on a block that would kill you and still live. you can do it infinately if youre lucky enough with the hard timing

if you freeze an enemy with the ice flower (like a goomba) and throw it, then unfreeze it with one of klonoas fireballs, the enemy loses gravity. it just stops using its normal gravity. i know why this hapens but its still funny to watch
also hitting a blockm with klonoa makes rupees fly infinately up. its very hard to collect them since they have no gravity in the first place

edit 3: srsly? am i the only one who posts here now? either way. i found another cool thing with the worn-out bridges in smbx 2.0

edit 4: weird thing happens... half the time i start a level with diagonal podobos, boo snakes or maverick thwomps, they jujst go through most blocks. im not sure why this is happening either
(note. i found this out in the level the above gif is showing. but there was no other spaces left liek there are now)

edit 4.5: forgot to mention another thing i found. putting a player offscreen and startign the level crashes smbx. happened when i put a player above the level limit in pge

edit 5: making a txt file for smbx 2.0 enemies makes all the 2.0 enemies stop working. you can jump on them, but not kill them when you do that. its so weird
I feel like all of these would be more suited in the 2.0 thread as bug reports.
The ABC of Creation

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:26 am

crusher169 wrote:in smbx 2.0 with zelda, if you use the npc reseting powerup whilst holding an object and standing near something (e.g. holding a key and standing near a fairy pendant) and you use the power, you will be holding the item. it happened in a kaizo level im making. makes it harder :3

Thank you for your detailed bug reports - this is all extremely helpful and we've filed all of them in our sheet for Beta 3.1 (which will focus on bug fixes and a few new features).

Can you give me an example of your txt file? I had thought we fixed that bug... In fact, if you have level files or anything like that, that you want to send me, I'd really appreciate it.

BlazingZtar755
Rex
Rex

Postby BlazingZtar755 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Found out while testing a level that if you land on the very edge of a pipe with the fairy powerup, the pipe sound will play, Mario will not move, and you are stuck.
Keep moving, nothing to see here. I'm practically a dead user at this point.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 pm

BlazingZtar755 wrote:Found out while testing a level that if you land on the very edge of a pipe with the fairy powerup, the pipe sound will play, Mario will not move, and you are stuck.
I believe the forced animation state is the cause their since the fairy pendent animation is always forced, and entering a pipe/door is another. (This is why getting hit and collecting a power up removes fairy).Entering a pipe will soft crash SMBX if the ani action state is being set to anything g either by lua or SMBX itself.

ImageImageImage

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby crusher169 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:

Thank you for your detailed bug reports - this is all extremely helpful and we've filed all of them in our sheet for Beta 3.1 (which will focus on bug fixes and a few new features).

Can you give me an example of your txt file? I had thought we fixed that bug... In fact, if you have level files or anything like that, that you want to send me, I'd really appreciate it.
Any text file worked. Both empty and with text. I originally tried making the boo circle have speed=2
The level some of these was used in is the cry-zo level in my kaizo thread.

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby crusher169 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:31 pm

now, i know this is double posting but this is a completely different post to my last one. and i did find some more things

using the customlotus lunalua thingy, if you make the projectiles turn into platforms (e.g. npc-105) they will just disappear.
same thing for vines
same thing for diggable sand
and others
and thwomps only appear on the same y position as where the shot originated from

and idk if i said this before but i found a glitch where juni can become invincible. ill update this later when i can but it has something to do with going through a pipe and turning into juni whilst exiting... then a couple hits later and you dont actually die (might be a little wrong but ill look into it more later)

wooo editing my posts wow:
if you get in a clown car, pick stuff like yoshis and shoes up and then slam into a player block with them on you
they just fall through every block until they die
also
if an item dropping from your item slot becomes a generator the projectile just drops down like you dropped it from youre item box too

Return to “General”