Programming Language

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Programming Language

Postby FallingSnow » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:36 pm

KoolKat wrote:
xxxzzz1 wrote:Has nobody ever thaught of hiring a professianal coder to do it or something like that
Well, GhostHawk is working on VSMBX, which is similar to SMBX and is almost complete.
It's really actually not even close. It's a remake of the editor. There is barely any (if any) engine right now, remember.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:40 pm

FallingSnow wrote:
KoolKat wrote:
xxxzzz1 wrote:Has nobody ever thaught of hiring a professianal coder to do it or something like that
Well, GhostHawk is working on VSMBX, which is similar to SMBX and is almost complete.
It's really actually not even close. It's a remake of the editor. There is barely any (if any) engine right now, remember.
I meant the editor is almost complete.

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Soundtrack stuff

Postby lighthouse64 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:55 am

mario610 wrote:what languague does SMBX use? I'm learning coding and was wondering
Also smbx does not open up from vb.
Just your average user...

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming

Postby Axiom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:21 pm

lighthouse64 wrote:
mario610 wrote:what languague does SMBX use? I'm learning coding and was wondering
w h a t

no it doesn't open in vb because (im bringing this down to the average joe's level) vb is the program that makes the exe. smbx was made in vb though, vb just exports the exe for windows to run.
what am I??? doing

- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses Unity Remake
- Florida Van Man YouTube Channel, where I DIY repair Sprinter vans.
- 3 small games in development

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Luigifan2010 wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:
w h a t

no it doesn't open in vb because (im bringing this down to the average joe's level) vb is the program that makes the exe. smbx was made in vb though, vb just exports the exe for windows to run.
redigit.... He has the files for smbx. If only he could upload them to smbx.

Oh, and sometimes I arrange stuff like this :P https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/ ... 25261b1a11

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:56 pm

lighthouse64 wrote:
Because decompilers will decompile it into what is called Assembly Code. Of course it won't open in VB6.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:57 pm

lighthouse64 wrote: redigit.... He has the files for smbx. If only he could upload them to smbx.
No Redigit deleted all the files for smbx he doesn't have them anymore.

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:34 pm

CaptainSyrup wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote: redigit.... He has the files for smbx. If only he could upload them to smbx.
i feel like he does though, he just keeps it to himself for "legal" reasons.
you don't just create one of the biggest mario fangames and then "oopsy" delete the source. I'm sure he's referenced the code many times during even terraria's development, to see how he worked around something and then adapting it to c#
what am I??? doing

lighthouse64
Mouser
Mouser

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Luigifan2010 wrote:
CaptainSyrup wrote:
i feel like he does though, he just keeps it to himself for "legal" reasons.
you don't just create one of the biggest mario fangames and then "oopsy" delete the source. I'm sure he's referenced the code many times during even terraria's development, to see how he worked around something and then adapting it to c#
Yeah, I kinda feel like he's stashed em away.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:09 pm

FallingSnow wrote:
KoolKat wrote:
I don't think VSMBX is going to catch on. It's going to be outclassed by PGW when the engine gets released. PGW is the true spiritual successor to SMBX as it comes with loads of new features, unlimited blocks/BGOs/NPCs/warps, layering BGOs on each other without random ones being drawn to the front every time, and a simpler interface. It's also open-source so you can change the source code how you want.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

mario610
Spiny
Spiny

Postby mario610 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:12 pm

I don't think VSMBX is going to catch on. It's going to be outclassed by PGW when the engine gets released. PGW is the true spiritual successor to SMBX as it comes with loads of new features, unlimited blocks/BGOs/NPCs/warps, layering BGOs on each other without random ones being drawn to the front every time, and a simpler interface. It's also open-source so you can change the source code how you want.[/quote]
Link plz

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:17 pm

mario610 wrote:
castlewars wrote:I don't think VSMBX is going to catch on. It's going to be outclassed by PGW when the engine gets released. PGW is the true spiritual successor to SMBX as it comes with loads of new features, unlimited blocks/BGOs/NPCs/warps, layering BGOs on each other without random ones being drawn to the front every time, and a simpler interface. It's also open-source so you can change the source code how you want.
Link plz
There's no link. Besides, it's a well-established fact by a lot of community members that have used PGW and said that they like it. VSMBX is only just a remake of the level editor as Redigit designed it. PGW has many more features including the ability to work on multiple levels at once and fixing many runtime errors in SMBX, including the dreaded Overflow error.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

mario610
Spiny
Spiny

Postby mario610 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:19 pm

castlewars wrote:
mario610 wrote:
castlewars wrote:I don't think VSMBX is going to catch on. It's going to be outclassed by PGW when the engine gets released. PGW is the true spiritual successor to SMBX as it comes with loads of new features, unlimited blocks/BGOs/NPCs/warps, layering BGOs on each other without random ones being drawn to the front every time, and a simpler interface. It's also open-source so you can change the source code how you want.
Link plz
There's no link. Besides, it's a well-established fact by a lot of community members that have used PGW and said that they like it. VSMBX is only just a remake of the level editor as Redigit designed it. PGW has many more features including the ability to work on multiple levels at once and fixing many runtime errors in SMBX, including the dreaded Overflow error.
Kk, I'll google it

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Axiom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:27 pm

mario610 wrote:Kk, I'll google it
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=1147

Why not just check out the main thread, as of right now its just the editor but soon enough Wohlstand will be starting on the actual engine portion.
what am I??? doing

mario610
Spiny
Spiny

Postby mario610 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Luigifan2010 wrote:
mario610 wrote:Kk, I'll google it
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=1147

Why not just check out the main thread, as of right now its just the editor but soon enough Wohlstand will be starting on the actual engine portion.
Ok, I'll check it out later

Return to “General”