DMPYLAIY 2: Sending your Ideals into the Kiln

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.

Here we go again! Vote for the 2 worst judges for something later!

Bomber57
21%
Chad
6%
Quill
18%
TNTimelord
8%
zlakerboy357
48%

Total votes: 80
DarkMatt
Banned

DMPYLAIY 2: Sending your Ideals into the Kiln

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:38 am

VVV*READ THIS BEFORE YOU SET ONE FOOT INTO THIS THREAD.*VVV

-The following thread and all posts by me is half minute criticism written down with no care, sympathy, nor consideration for your feelings, skills, nor sensibilities. What you are getting is a first impression and no in-depth analysis of your strengths and weaknesses save for a couple seconds of thinking about it. You are not meant to take this seriously and any snarkiness or flat out insults are not meant to deter you from improving your skills at designing levels.

-Furthermore, all posting in this thread are under no obligation to treat you or your submission with respect. While we will punish harassment, we won't care if someone says your level sucks, you're a bad designer, you're stupid, etc. etc.

tl;dr TAKE EVERYTHING YOU'RE ABOUT TO READ WITH A GRAIN OF SALT YOU BIG BABY.

^^^*IF YOU DON'T READ THIS AND YOU WHINE ABOUT THIS THREAD I WILL FIND YOU*^^^

Spoiler: show
[center]LET'S, GOO GOO GOOOOO!~
FEAR WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED TO LOVE.[/center][/b]

Heeeey. What are you trying to do?
Image-I'm gonna review your contest levels. All of them. I'm not gonna be like our contest judges. I am here to put your level through the wringer. YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT MAKING MARIO LEVELS AND I WILL BE HERE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU'RE AWFUL. ALL OF YOU.

But that's being mean and I don't like people saying mean things about me.
Image-Have you noticed the prizes for this contest? I'm the one giving them out. That means I get to do this, so SUCK IT UP. (Not to mention you have probably done this to other people at some point in your life. Those who take the sword shall perish by the sword.)

Hi. I don't cry when people say I'm shit. What's goin' on here?
Image-I'll be going through every contest level grading it on 3 categories:
Gameplay
Aesthetics
Wildcard

Image-The first two are self-explanatory, if you don't know what they mean then maybe you should finish grade school. Wildcard is whatever I think is the most relevant point of your level in a design aspect. This can either be something good or bad and, because I am a spiteful asshole, I'll prioritize bad over good. Deal with it.

Image-Each category will get any whole number between a 5 and a 0.
If you got a 5, you have legit impressed me. Do note this is very hard to do.
If you got a 4, I generally agreed that the level is good and worth playing.
If you got a 3, your level is pretty mundane and incapable of piquing my interest.
If you got a 2, there are glaring problems in your level. Otherwise, it's functional.
If you got a 1, it's trash. However, there is something good in the level no matter how miniscular.
If you got a 0, could you please never touch the editor ever again?

Image-The categories are averaged out and that is your score. So you can get 0.66 and treat it like a near 1 or get 4.33 and feel like it was almost perfection.

Image-I'll be going through your levels in the order of how they placed from worst to best in the contest. I may try playing it as Small Mario and refrain from using cheats. I might just decide to cheat through your level. I'm under no obligation to give your level a fair or even fighting chance. Maybe if most of you weren't so bad, I wouldn't cheat so often.

wow u got da lvls i want them plz i will lp them 2
Image-NO.

Image-The only reason why I have them early is because I can't do this thread otherwise. THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU GET TO HAVE THEM, SO DO NOT ASK.

what about that random guy i think hes a butt and i wanna watch him say things
Image-Chances are yes, I will at least get some co-pilots to throw their 2 cents as well. Also, we are very likely to do streams so that I can share the levels with my friends live. You are free to attend, but we schedule these streams on the fly, and I'm under no obligation to include you guys.
And with that, you now know the basis of what's going to happen here. Good job, you have basic comprehension. You can impress your friends with qualities like that.

NOW LET'S PARTY LIKE IT'S 2007!!

Image[/center]
MEET THE CAST:
ImageDarkMatt
-Spends his days feeding on the wishes of the innocent and funding public works. Is an activist and a vizier. (not evil) Loves promoting marios and then killing them, harnessing their grief. Has also ventured into Eternity and recommends it to those that are down in the dumps, as it were. Evolves when given enough computer data. Secretly lives in Yggdrasil. (Stay off his lawn.)
ImageKyo
-The hero the SMBX community deserves, not the one it needs. Gets his salad with extra everything. Should be moderator instead of me. Not actually living. Scours the community for glowing orbs of happiness to perform a miracle. Is at odds with the Phantom of Eternity. Jirachi will wake up by the time he's done with his project. (Least he can just wish for said miracle when that happens.)
ImageMercenaryCobra
-A LARPer slash fellow delver who has been banished to live the rest of his days inside a Commodore 64. Has won the punny pal contest 18 times in a row, to the behest of his competition. Found out that the Fire King is neither fun, fair, nor a good sequel. May or may not be any sort of reptile, tip eht fo mottob eht ni eb ton yam ro yam dna. When he teams up with DarkMatt, they can use the ultimate Master Spark.
ImageThatRandomGuy
-The raddest Prinny. Once defended a dwarven child for murdering a preschool of lesser mortals and won. Bitches can't handle his style, or his habit of propping his peglegs on the desk and tilting his chair. Refers to DarkMatt as Agumon. Has never touched SMBX, but he makes RPGs in RPGmaker. Does that count? Owns a magical spinning top that summons a dragon with enough force. Do not throw in a crowded area.
ImageLeo
-Some sort of child who got caught eating up all the food at one of DarkMatt's parties, and has been forced to work ever since. Claims to be a sprite and hundreds of years old, but who fucking cares? Introduces the tiers and tries to sucker unsuspecting dopes into throwing their cash and food at him. Helps keep the lepers out of the house. (with magic of mass destruction) Is connected to the Mana Tree, so please don't blow it up.

Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image

[center]For those of you who want more bashing fun, have a fast link to the first DMPYLAIY.[/center]
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

DarkMatt
Banned

Re: DMPYLiIY 2: Sending your Ideals into the Kiln

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:39 am

Image-Leo sez: Come one, come all, to the greatest show on Earth! This thread has everything from the greatness of art, to its fat ass shadow, and let's not forget the copious amounts of whining to be witnessed! Yes, sir, you'll come here to join the chorus of stupid humans yelling at other stupid humans for their hilarious attempts at art! What's that you say? There's only 5 levels here, and they're all absolutely terrible? The "DMPYLAIY2" experience is available as a commercial 3 CD package, exclusive to this thread and in limited stock! For 12 easy payments of $9.99, you'll enjoy a stupid human and his entourage of freaks of nature complain about children trying to entertain other children and failing spetacularly! It's a comedy of errors and immaturity, and you're getting it at a steal! You'll tell all your friends about "DMPYLAIY2" and they too will wonder what the hell they just read and how so many people can be so stupid! It's not like playing this stupid ass game is any more fun, so order today!
#75:

Memo
The bastard who made this: Arale

Gameplay: 0/5
Aesthetics: stolenfromLCDDem/5
and OFF music Bonus: 0/5

FINAL SCORE: NaN

DarkMatt sez: I wish I could punch through the level, into the mod control panel, and ban the author of this level. I really wish I could.

#74:

The Easiest Boss Fight Ever
The bastard who made this: 8flight

Aesthetics: 0/5
GET IT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE Bonus: 0/5

FINAL SCORE: 0

DarkMatt sez: If this is the best joke you can come up with, I feel sorry for the closer people who have to put up with your inane babble.

#73:

A Pyramid Switch Puzzle with an Uncreative Name
The bastard who made this: Kep

Aesthetics: 1/5
Screenshot Bonus: 0/5

FINAL SCORE: 0.33

DarkMatt sez: This is dishonorable and you bring shame upon your family. Could've just made this a screenie. Could've just not participated at all.

#72:

Philosophical Introspection
The bastard who made this: DoctorShemp

Aesthetics: woof/5
zzz: imgonnagoontothenextlevelnow/5

DarkMatt sez: Mongrel.

#71:

Epic Dank Level 420
The bastard who made this: internet foster child and smbx legend knuckles96

Aesthetics: 0/5
Shouts out to himself Bonus: bannedfromlife/5

DarkMatt sez: Weren't we not up to your standards as a community? What the fuck are you doing here?
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: DMPYLAIY 2: Sending your Ideals into the Kiln

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:26 am

Here come subtle insults: Volume II.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 am

Are the images of #75 and #72 actual images of the level or what is going on with them. Especially #72.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSeus

Postby AirSeus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 am

I just laugh at the comments, DarkMatt, you are fucking amazing when doing this.
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:15 am

I'm loving this so far. Can't wait for the other tiers to be insulted. But most of all, I can't wait for DarkMatt to yell at me for my level. That was the best part of last contest for me.
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:21 am

8bitmushroom wrote:Are the images of #75 and #72 actual images of the level or what is going on with them. Especially #72.
I'd say 75th adn 72th is random images instead of actual level. There's no status bar.

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:15 am

This is so great. Make sure to do Tier 2 and maybe 3 today.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:36 am

I hoped this would arrive in CC9 too.
im bored

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:39 am

Magna wrote:This is so great. Make sure to do Tier 2 and maybe 3 today.
Don't tell me what to do.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSeus

Postby AirSeus » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 am

Magna wrote:This is so great. Make sure to do Tier 2 and maybe 3 today.
He cannot do tier 3, its not out yet (well in about 16 mins it should be).
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

Danny
Mario
Mario

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am

Guys, I thought it was obvious DarkMatt hated everybody in this community, how do you guys like him insulting you while it's masked through levels.

DMPYLAIY 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQFpwZwk-w

Arale
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Arale » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 pm

chie didnt even die in lcd dem what are you going on about her grave
Grant me the power to bring the world revolution.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:35 pm

http://yumenikkifg.wikia.com/wiki/Lcd_Dem

Also I knew that was your avatar.

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Oh look, Darkmatt is insulting again, Cool so far, but the insults aren't as insulting as last time's.

Edit: fixed.
Last edited by Superiorstar on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Superiorstar wrote:the insults aren't as insulting as last year's
First off, I find the new ones hilarious, if not less insulting.
Second, I'd have to agree.

Third....
Superiorstar wrote:last year's
...read that again...
...and again...
...and again.
LOL

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:40 pm

>last year's

That is grammatically correct.

Unusual, but it doesn't break any English rules.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: life
Chat Username: zioy

Postby zioy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 pm

DarkMatt wrote:>last year's

That is grammatically correct.

Unusual, but it doesn't break any English rules.
What's funny about it is that CC8 happened this year.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Will there be tier 2? i mean tier 4 is out and tier 2 is not done yet. (not trying to hurry youup or anything, just asking a question)
I go by She/Her for those who aren't aware yet.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Well I don't keep track of when's when. It felt like a year anyway.

Return to “General”