Are you freaking kidding me?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
ShiftMario
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Prototype Powerhouse(CANCELLED)

Are you freaking kidding me?

Postby ShiftMario » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

So, I was playing Tower Of Biased 5. Levels are still difficult and frustrating at times, but I'm doing a little better. Anyway, I was on the 2nd Tier, when I come across a level named, "Valtteri's Bladder"......I just.........stopped turned the game off right there because that sounds so damn immature. I mean, I'm sorry, but that's just gross, like...., I didn't even go in the level, cause I'm just like....What the hell? But, seriously, just....I don't know. I'm just.....I'm slightly baffled. Not mad, just, a little baffled. :roll:
Last edited by ShiftMario on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: Are you fucking kidding me?

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Why did you make a topic about this -_-
It's Tower of the Biased, there are going to be joke levels.

If I recall from as303298's playthrough, it's really just a lava cave with some castle stuff.
Better title than ElTipsta's CC8 level XD
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

It's a joke, no need to get so disgusted by it. Like Turtwig said, some people submit joke levels (levels that aren't serious and are meant to be absolute shit) to contests.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

To turns out what this specific Level actually is it is just a joke Level from the creator and thinks it was the best idea as possible to add this in his collection. To me, I am not a fan of the whole joke Levels in general anyway but I am not quitting it from these Levels except if they are unplayable but that is also obvious...
Turtwig wrote:Better title than ElTipsta's CC8 level XD
Titles needs to make sense for a regular (Mario) Level but that is just my opinion anyway.

ShiftMario
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Prototype Powerhouse(CANCELLED)

Postby ShiftMario » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:It's a joke, no need to get so disgusted by it. Like Turtwig said, some people submit joke levels (levels that aren't serious and are meant to be absolute shit) to contests.
Well, I get the whole joke level thing. In fact, some I've played are actually kinda funny. I just don't like the fact that it's a level based around......well, the kidney area. I guess it's not really the level, it's just the thought that counts. Y'know what I'm saying?

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:36 pm

ShiftMario wrote:I just don't like the fact that it's a level based around......well, the kidney area.
If you were on this forum's IRC chat, you'd see people joking about a more uncomfortable part of the human body. If you want to stay as innocent as you appear to be (ohh man these are the kinds of friends I'd like to have, just maybe without the swearing part), don't dig deeper into this community. Just... for my sake, don't do it. I've seen worse than this.

I'll be sure to let Wind know about this conflict so he knows what kind of audience to expect for the next level tournament. At least, iirc, it was Wind's.
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Please don't Steam message me after midnight, kthx.

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 pm

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:If you were on this forum's IRC chat, you'd see people joking about a more uncomfortable part of the human body.
Considering 99% of this community consists of male users, how can it be that uncomfortable to talk about something we all (except Panda ofc) have?
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord.

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:50 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:
SilverDeoxys563 wrote:If you were on this forum's IRC chat, you'd see people joking about a more uncomfortable part of the human body.
Considering 99% of this community consists of male users, how can it be that uncomfortable to talk about something we all (except Panda ofc) have?
We've simply desensitized ourselves.
ImageImage
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:42 am

8bitmushroom wrote: except Panda ofc
* and CaptainSyrup

Well I think it really comes from the fact that almost all members except for two known instances are teenage boys between the age of 11 and 19, so ofc thinfs are gonna be immature.

The most mature way to deal with it is probably to just ignore it instead of making a thread like this about it.

I understand why it would be shocking, for someone who is not a community "insider", buf people who've been active in this community will tell you that it's normal and it's nothing you can prevent from happening.

Also I can reasure you that you won't see actual bladders in that level, because I think that violates the forum rules... Idk intestines count as NSFW, right?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SilverDeoxys563
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 am

GMarinaX wrote:intestines count as NSFW, right?
I would count things like that as scientific research. I'm not grossed out by liquids and semisolids such as body tissues and blood as most other people are.
ImageImage

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:28 am

Did you play the level yet? It's nothing really, just a cave with lava in it.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Magna
Banned
Current Project: Soon to be announced! (When PGE releases an engine that is)

Postby Magna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 am

What do you expect from a Mario community full of immature kids.
Join this great chill forum here: http://forums.krazynet.net

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:36 am

Magna wrote:What do you expect from a Mario community full of immature kids.
Says the one who wrote a Shrek fanfiction. You're about the last to call others immature.
im a girl yo

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:49 am

Nickname wrote:
Magna wrote:What do you expect from a Mario community full of immature kids.
Says the one who wrote a Shrek fanfiction. You're about the last to call others immature.
Drop it, your starting to annoy me, just keep your opinions of others to yourself and let me freely speak how I'd like without breaking any rules.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Aristo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 am

He has a point though... you're kinda being hypocritical here.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:56 am

GMarinaX wrote:He has a point though... you're kinda being hypocritical here.
Even if I am being hypocritical, he is basically saying "Don't share your opinion because that's what you are." So basically, I can,t comment on this topic because a post that I created is somewhat helpful but it's coming from me so it should be deleted automatically.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Aristo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:59 am

Magna wrote:
GMarinaX wrote:He has a point though... you're kinda being hypocritical here.
Even if I am being hypocritical, he is basically saying "Don't share your opinion because that's what you are." So basically, I can,t comment on this topic because a post that I created is somewhat helpful but it's coming from me so it should be deleted automatically.
The way you put it sounded to me as if you saw yourself superior to those "immature kids", idk, doesn't mean you're not allowed to post here, I'm just saying that you're not really better than them sometimes (heck noone here (including me) really is lol)

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:23 am

Nickname or anyone in that matter shouldn't just tell someone not to call someone immature, when they are part of a Mario community themselves. And he thinks I'm the hypocrite. Also I like to write those fanfics, that doesn't mean I am immature. It's like saying an adult writer creates children's books is immature.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 am

Magna wrote:Nickname or anyone in that matter shouldn't just tell someone not to call someone immature, when they are part of a Mario community themselves. And he thinks I'm the hypocrite. Also I like to write those fanfics, that doesn't mean I am immature. It's like saying an adult writer creates children's books is immature.
It's actually not, an adult writer has to put some kind of paedagogic aspect into child books. There's a different between child book immature and Shrek fanfic immature. I'm not saying you're not allowed to post here, and I couldn't care less about yor Shrek fanfic, but you're pretty much saying you're better then most of the community. While this wouldn't be a good if an user known for being mature said that, it would atleast be somewhat understandable, see for example the quote from m4sterbr0s in CaptainSyrup's sig, but even he said it much nicer: "Some users need to mature more.". Sounds much nicer then "Most users are immature.", doesn't it? And I agree with him. Some users need to mature more, but by far not most of them.

tl;dr While I agree with the core message (especially the example from m4sterbr0s) the way you worded it made it look like you hink you're superior.
im a girl yo

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16 am

8bitmushroom wrote:Considering 99% of this community consists of male users, how can it be that uncomfortable to talk about something we all (except Panda ofc) have?
Women have bladders just like men...

Return to “General”