Level name suggestion thread

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: no

Re: Level name suggestion thread

Postby Destiny » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:51 am

Squishy Rex wrote:
Narumi wrote:I need a name for a night grassland level where the main enemies are slimes and piranha plants.
Darkest Slime of the Night
Pre-Dawn Piranha Plants
Nocturnal Gnashers
Thanks, I'll pick Nocturnal Gnashers.

Nocturnal Slimy Gnashers. Great!
previously known as MrRadioactiveEX, Kei, Sirius, Shady Flux, Narumi

Seedy Koopas
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Starting development of one.

Postby Seedy Koopas » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:20 pm

I need a final level name (castle), the boss is Dark Peach,the castle's textures are going to be black (dark).

"Looks a bit seedy when koopas are involved"
-Luigi, Hotel Mario(a.k.a. door closing-totally-fun-action-game-thingy)

I support:
Imagehttp://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 34&t=11290

My Project:
Image Making something but haven't posted yet.

About Mii:

Spoiler: show
Systems Owned:
A good old Wii which has a entire library of Mario games
A 3DS that neared death.
Not a Wii U (not sold in my country but IDC, It doesnt have Super Mario Galaxy 3!)

Me on other games:

Runescape

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Seedy Koopas wrote:I need a final level name (castle), the boss is Dark Peach,the castle's textures are going to be black (dark).
Peach's Castle(?)
Twisted Palace of Dark Peach
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:55 pm

I need a name for a factory Tower with a time freezing and traveling gimmick aswell as falling blocks and conveyors, the boss is a Electric boomboom which turns the floor underneath him electronic so that you can only hit him by jumping on him from above
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Zant » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:35 pm

witchking666 wrote:I need a name for a factory Tower with a time freezing and traveling gimmick aswell as falling blocks and conveyors, the boss is a Electric boomboom which turns the floor underneath him electronic so that you can only hit him by jumping on him from above
Timeless Factory
Chrono Industries

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: ROIP

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:24 pm

I need a name for a 100% linear forest level with Tall Trunk music. I'm thinking Shady Ghyll, but any suggestions welcome!
<TheKingOfBoos> I don't speak non-american, shadowstar, I have no idea how hot that is
<Kogasa> it's like 92-93 in patriot units
<Merve> TKOB for next mod
Support the GGP! Put this in your signature!
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

Taker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: take the dead to

Postby Taker » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:44 pm

I named my level Canyon. Self explanatory.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Merio wrote:I named my level Canyon. Self explanatory.
This thread isn't about the names of your levels, it's about asking people for ideas on a name for a level you're working on when you're having trouble coming up with a good name.

Back on-topic, does anyone have an idea for an underground SMB3 level with a red tileset, lots of lava, sinking platforms, a handful of switches spread out between many short sections, and two mecha-type bosses? NPCs include koopa troopas, bob-ombs, and buzzy beetles. The story also involves the main evil boss jamming the connections of a toad mining team below the volcanic regions of the mushroom kingdom, with Mario having to find out what's happened and save them of course. I originally named the level "A Tech-tonic Malfunction" (wordplay on plate tectonics) but now I'm not so sure I like the sound of it anymore. Any suggestions?

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Cosmik wrote:Back on-topic, does anyone have an idea for an underground SMB3 level with a red tileset, lots of lava, sinking platforms, a handful of switches spread out between many short sections, and two mecha-type bosses? NPCs include koopa troopas, bob-ombs, and buzzy beetles. The story also involves the main evil boss jamming the connections of a toad mining team below the volcanic regions of the mushroom kingdom, with Mario having to find out what's happened and save them of course. I originally named the level "A Tech-tonic Malfunction" (wordplay on plate tectonics) but now I'm not so sure I like the sound of it anymore. Any suggestions?
If you want to go for alliteration, "A Mysterious Malfunction in the Mines" or "Lava Cave Caper" are two names I could probably see working.
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:38 am

Chip Potato wrote:
Cosmik wrote:Back on-topic, does anyone have an idea for an underground SMB3 level with a red tileset, lots of lava, sinking platforms, a handful of switches spread out between many short sections, and two mecha-type bosses? NPCs include koopa troopas, bob-ombs, and buzzy beetles. The story also involves the main evil boss jamming the connections of a toad mining team below the volcanic regions of the mushroom kingdom, with Mario having to find out what's happened and save them of course. I originally named the level "A Tech-tonic Malfunction" (wordplay on plate tectonics) but now I'm not so sure I like the sound of it anymore. Any suggestions?
If you want to go for alliteration, "A Mysterious Malfunction in the Mines" or "Lava Cave Caper" are two names I could probably see working.
I like A tech-tonic malfunction. Any ideas for mine?
<TheKingOfBoos> I don't speak non-american, shadowstar, I have no idea how hot that is
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:52 am

TheKingOfBoos wrote:I need a name for a 100% linear forest level with Tall Trunk music. I'm thinking Shady Ghyll, but any suggestions welcome!
What style is it? What are the most common NPCs? Do you have any other background on the level you could give us?

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Cosmik wrote:
TheKingOfBoos wrote:I need a name for a 100% linear forest level with Tall Trunk music. I'm thinking Shady Ghyll, but any suggestions welcome!
What style is it? What are the most common NPCs? Do you have any other background on the level you could give us?
It is SMB3 styled with frog enemies and forest guys, sorry.
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 pm

TheKingOfBoos wrote:
Cosmik wrote:
It is SMB3 styled with frog enemies and forest guys, sorry.
Okay...
Shy Thicket
Timberland Trundle
Coppice Shrine
...Shady Ghyll doesn't sound too bad either though. :D

Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Zant » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 am

Cosmik wrote:
This thread isn't about the names of your levels, it's about asking people for ideas on a name for a level you're working on when you're having trouble coming up with a good name.

Back on-topic, does anyone have an idea for an underground SMB3 level with a red tileset, lots of lava, sinking platforms, a handful of switches spread out between many short sections, and two mecha-type bosses? NPCs include koopa troopas, bob-ombs, and buzzy beetles. The story also involves the main evil boss jamming the connections of a toad mining team below the volcanic regions of the mushroom kingdom, with Mario having to find out what's happened and save them of course. I originally named the level "A Tech-tonic Malfunction" (wordplay on plate tectonics) but now I'm not so sure I like the sound of it anymore. Any suggestions?
Mechanical Mine Malfunction

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:36 am

Zant wrote:
Cosmik wrote:

Mechanical Mine Malfunction
Or Mechanized Melty Zone.

What about a sky level with clouds, brick towers with ivy, pillars, para-beetles, lots of athletic jumps and springboards and completely SMB3 styled?
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: A Mario Fan
Current Project: Writing lores for DrMekar's project, beta-testing...
Chat Username: Suckerman7 GM

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:51 am

Tall Trunk Adventure

Green Forest March

Forestal Plains

They're the names I think so far. :roll:

BabyWeegee
Rex
Rex

Postby BabyWeegee » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Anybody have an idea for a ghost house/castle fusion level? Level design doesn't stray too far from your typical ghost house.
"I ain't afraid of nothing... except Rottweilers... and expired mayonnaise."

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:11 pm

BabyWeegee wrote:Anybody have an idea for a ghost house/castle fusion level? Level design doesn't stray too far from your typical ghost house.
Dark Dungeon
Aghast Castle
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Zant » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 pm

BabyWeegee wrote:Anybody have an idea for a ghost house/castle fusion level? Level design doesn't stray too far from your typical ghost house.
Haunted Halls
Spooky Fortress

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Dungeonous Halls
A Disproportionate Basement
Haunted House, Creepy Castle
Ghastly Manor

Return to “General”