SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
hedgehog560
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: Mario Through Time
Chat Username: hedgeyhawg

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby hedgehog560 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

are the "gifs", "screenshots", and "worlds" LNK files necessary to play smbx with? because 8zip lite can't do anything with them, and i cant play smbx at the moment.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm

um, you're supposed to use 7zip?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

hedgehog560
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby hedgehog560 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:19 pm

i tried that too, but it asks for a password

wait, nevermind. i've been using 9 and 8zip, but where do you get 7zip?
Last edited by Quill on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm

hedgehog560 wrote:wait, nevermind. i've been using 9 and 8zip, but where do you get 7zip?
Search it on Google?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm

There should be no issue with getting it from the official site http://www.7-zip.org
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

hedgehog560
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby hedgehog560 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:40 pm

thanks!

Amyrakunejo
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Ramsey (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, DOOM/monster infighting (lolz)
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:51 pm

And at the moment...
off topic: show
I'm still trying to figure out Tiger Festival's signature gif...
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:12 pm

There's a butchering of Nintendo in this .txt document, although a minor misspelling

Just thought i would point it out for no particular reason :|
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Speaking of the music files, I have a lot of complaints about it. The things that bug me the most are that Larry and Wart's death sounds are off. Some of the music is also inaccurate, like the Yoshi Village theme. If these problems could be fixed, I would be happy.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 pm

I find all of this talk about Sonic to be boring. Not to mention all of the work it would take to implement him but why should he be added before Donkey Kong? DK is the next closest series to SMW and the gameplay flows very similar so why should Sonic have a much higher priority? I could see DK, Kirby or maybe even Pitfall but Sonic, Zelda, Metroid etc all play different and they have more 3D elements than Mario which was a 2D game for the most part.

I think DK elements should be next as they would have the best integration with the Mario world. Correct me if I am wrong.

Besides the DK blast barrels, Necky and Flitter, Croctopus and the background totem poll that falls would be awesome to have and who would not want to play as DK?

Again why so much talk about Sonic which is usually a speed type game and has nothing to even do with Mario. Sonic is nice but DK would be much easier to add. I'm just wondering who else wants DK or some of the DK npc's added?
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Sonic isn't officially being added at this point and neither are any other playables until after SMBX2 is out of beta. 2.1 will quite possibly have DK. In terms of Sonic TheKidCodee wanted to make it although with no experience on his end trying to attack a brutal character the outlook isn't good for him and one of the Devs with strong skills (like Hoeloe or Enjl) might pull it off for 2.1 or later

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:22 am

PixelPest wrote:Sonic isn't officially being added at this point and neither are any other playables until after SMBX2 is out of beta. 2.1 will quite possibly have DK. In terms of Sonic TheKidCodee wanted to make it although with no experience on his end trying to attack a brutal character the outlook isn't good for him and one of the Devs with strong skills (like Hoeloe or Enjl) might pull it off for 2.1 or later
I saw that and everyone told him that his help was not welcome since he did not know what he was doing.

I am hoping we get some DKC NPC's down the road for later releases after this one as that would be awesome and really give a lot of options in terms of NPC's when you combine both NPC's for the Mario and DK universe. (SMB1, Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, SMW2, DK1, DK2, DK3, DK Returns etc) Having that many NPC's would blow everyone away.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 am

Teemster2 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:Sonic isn't officially being added at this point and neither are any other playables until after SMBX2 is out of beta. 2.1 will quite possibly have DK. In terms of Sonic TheKidCodee wanted to make it although with no experience on his end trying to attack a brutal character the outlook isn't good for him and one of the Devs with strong skills (like Hoeloe or Enjl) might pull it off for 2.1 or later
I saw that and everyone told him that his help was not welcome since he did not know what he was doing.

I am hoping we get some DKC NPC's down the road for later releases after this one as that would be awesome and really give a lot of options in terms of NPC's when you combine both NPC's for the Mario and DK universe. (SMB1, Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, SMW2, DK1, DK2, DK3, DK Returns etc) Having that many NPC's would blow everyone away.
Most of the enemies would just be swaps of already existing enemies, like how the rat is just a goomba, or the kremlings are also just goombas. Wouldn't really be worth it
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
ImageImage Image

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:

Most of the enemies would just be swaps of already existing enemies, like how the rat is just a goomba, or the kremlings are also just goombas. Wouldn't really be worth it
I disagree. There is many NPC's in the DK universe that are not in the Mario universe. For example the Kremlin crew, Tiki Tak Tribe, Zinger, Necky, Mini Necky, Flitter, Croctopus, Blast Barrels, Kackle. Kloak, Krook, Knocka, Click-Clack, Shuri, Klasp, Skitter, and let's not forget Gleamin Bream, a fish that light's up dark areas. There is a lot of options with DKC that would fit in nicely with Mario and DK is the next closest game to Mario and probably the second most popular game.

Having birds that shoot at you or bees that you can't touch, fish that light up, Krook's that throw hooks at you, baddies that spring back to life after you pounce on them, giant fish that chase you around, Klasps that hang on to rope and chase you or Knocka's chasing you around would be cool. Of course the ghost Kackle from SMB2 would be amazing to have or even the blast barrels which would allow you to shoot across the map. Not all of the DK NPC's would be needed but some of them would be awesome.

Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Teemster2 wrote:I disagree. There is many NPC's in the DK universe that are not in the Mario universe.
I haven't played the DKC games so I don't know entirely about this, but it sounds like Matt the slime was trying to say that the functionality of NPCs from DKC already exist in SMBX. Even if the exact NPCs don't exist, they're easily achievable via graphic swaps or simple lua changes, and don't warrant completely new enemies to be added to the SMBX2 basegame.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 pm

He did explain several enemies that do not have functionality in SMBX that should at least be considered.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:45 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote: Slaps their avatar pic
I will do it.
Please stop harassing the SMBX2 developers about this; they've been clear that they cannot use your help on this.
Im going to start with ring health. And a gui. And ive already started on him too. And the Electric shield. So i am helping.
PixelPest wrote: My avatar does not care and you obviously don't care to to listen even after many other people telling you the same thing. When you don't know how to code and refuse to learn the basics you're not going to be able to make Sonic rn
You've been told countless that you don't have enough skills to do this stuff atm. Also making Sonic without Sonic physics is just totally pointless since his special physics are what makes him fun to play. Also how do you plan to make shields without replacing power-ups? And what do you mean by changing palettes? You're honestly just way too far ahead of yourself
1. You know i have started on lua, right?
2. When i said i wouldnt give him new physics i didnt say im not going to modify the orginal physics.
3. Well Super Sonic.
4. Please stop saying that has been said to me tons of times even outside of discord and the fourms.
Let me be more clear. The SMBX2 developers have specifically declined your offer to help them add official content to the game. Please stop harassing the SMBX2 developers about this or disciplinary action may be taken against you. Thanks.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Zha Hong Lang wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:I disagree. There is many NPC's in the DK universe that are not in the Mario universe.
I haven't played the DKC games so I don't know entirely about this, but it sounds like Matt the slime was trying to say that the functionality of NPCs from DKC already exist in SMBX. Even if the exact NPCs don't exist, they're easily achievable via graphic swaps or simple lua changes, and don't warrant completely new enemies to be added to the SMBX2 basegame.
I understand what he is saying but I could still list several NPC's in the DK universe that function different from any NPC in the Mario world. I actually listed some of them already. It was just an idea since everyone was talking about Sonic.

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 pm

HenryRichard wrote:He did explain several enemies that do not have functionality in SMBX that should at least be considered.
I know the developers are very busy and I understand they are focusing on the Mario Universe at the moment. I also know I have brought up the DK thing in the past and from my understanding they were going to consider other games at a later date. I just thought since Sonic was getting so much discussion I would bring it up again to see how much interest there is for having Donkey Kong and related stuff since DK would flow much better with the Mario universe than Sonic would. I also am fine with waiting for later updates for DK when the developers are not as busy with Mario. I just think DK would be awesome to be included and has some very unique NPC's not seen in Mario.

Rathlon
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Rathlon

Postby Rathlon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Is there a way to test a level in this build or can we?
Cause I can't figure out how to place a starting point on a level to test it.

Return to “Archives”