SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Zha Hong Lang
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby Zha Hong Lang » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Howcome Firebars don't do anything? Aren't they supposed to move in a big circle (Similar to roto-discs)?
You have to change the position of each individual firebar unit. In PGE, you can change that by the "position" option in NPC properties.
(formerly Jayoshi, Luigi, Luigi.net)

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 pm

So guys, got my project page up! To find it, simply search "Mario's Kingdom Adventure". Wasn't able to get images on there, but did get a link to imgur with screenshots of my project. Won't give much more away on this forum, go check it out! And feel free to leave comments etc.
Last edited by JupiHornet on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user notified about post
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

D4rkXenoNOVA
Banned
Chat Username: godXeno

Postby D4rkXenoNOVA » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 am

Really nice job on the new editor it's better than the original now if nintendos mario maker was good as this more people would have got it and the 3ds version of it was a joke. I will test it out and see what crazy levels i can make thanks for this awesome project you put your heart and soul into.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:52 am

So how do you jump while running left? In 1-4 of Star Expedition there is a jump you can't make without doing this; pressing X, <-, then Z should allow you to run jump left, right? But that doesn't work for me.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Taycamgame wrote:So how do you jump while running left? In 1-4 of Star Expedition there is a jump you can't make without doing this; pressing X, <-, then Z should allow you to run jump left, right? But that doesn't work for me.
It's due to a limit on how many keys can be pressed on your keyboard called ghosting, a controller can easily play right, but if you use keyboard, hold run and left or right, then let go of run when you want to jump. That's how I did it. Another way is reconfiguring your run and jump to different buttons.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:So how do you jump while running left? In 1-4 of Star Expedition there is a jump you can't make without doing this; pressing X, <-, then Z should allow you to run jump left, right? But that doesn't work for me.
It's due to a limit on how many keys can be pressed on your keyboard called ghosting, a controller can easily play right, but if you use keyboard, hold run and left or right, then let go of run when you want to jump. That's how I did it. Another way is reconfiguring your run and jump to different buttons.
Strange, it works when i run right and jump, but not left. How do i reconfigure buttons? And it's a laptop, what controllers are supported?
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Westretroman wrote:
Strange, it works when i run right and jump, but not left. How do i reconfigure buttons? And it's a laptop, what controllers are supported?
I learned this the hard way. I recently got a keyboard that has 39 keys compatible for ghosting. I never had an issue with arrows thought.

ImageImageImage

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:
Westretroman wrote: It's due to a limit on how many keys can be pressed on your keyboard called ghosting, a controller can easily play right, but if you use keyboard, hold run and left or right, then let go of run when you want to jump. That's how I did it. Another way is reconfiguring your run and jump to different buttons.
I learned this the hard way. I recently got a keyboard that has 39 keys compatible for ghosting. I never had an issue with arrows thought.
But the ghosting limit shouldn't really be the factor for me - i can run right and jump but not left. However, to run jump left i would have to be pressing the same amount of keys as i would when i run jump right. How do i know my ghost key limit, and is it possible there is another reason i'm having this issue? Kinda limits the levels i can play.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Taycamgame wrote: Strange, it works when i run right and jump, but not left. How do i reconfigure buttons? And it's a laptop, what controllers are supported?
But the ghosting limit shouldn't really be the factor for me - i can run right and jump but not left. However, to run jump left i would have to be pressing the same amount of keys as i would when i run jump right. How do i know my ghost key limit, and is it possible there is another reason i'm having this issue? Kinda limits the levels i can play.
Normally, the limit is two keys max not counting arrows. For me, I can press: Q, W, E, A, S, D, Z, X, C, V, Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Tab without issue. (As well as the arrows.)

ImageImageImage

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:30 am

So to run right and jump i press 3 keys: X, -> and Z. To do the same going left, i would only have to change 1 key which is the -> to <-. I'd still be pressing 3 keys. Guess my keyboard can only do 3 keys on certain ones.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:04 am

Ghosting only affects certain key combinations. It's not uncommon for some arrow keys to work and others not.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:36 am

Hoeloe wrote:Ghosting only affects certain key combinations. It's not uncommon for some arrow keys to work and others not.
So i have to get a new keyboard? I use a laptop. What controllers can i use?
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Hoeloe wrote:Ghosting only affects certain key combinations. It's not uncommon for some arrow keys to work and others not.
So i have to get a new keyboard? I use a laptop. What controllers can i use?
If you get a program called Joy2Key you can more or less use any controller you like.

Jochel
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Jochel » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 pm

I tried SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3) awhile ago, and it doesn't work for me. I click the buttons and nothing. The interface also does not fit on my screen. I might be able to resize it but I don't like opening webpages inside a program with all the buttons off the bottom of the screen with each episode or whatever. I just want to play games, I don't want to be running webpages and suspicious javascript windows and ocx controls, etc. I don't trust all that. I also hate when people make a webpage in a program and disable all the dialog boxs to prevent you from viewing source or copying text. Some people use screen readers. Why block that?

I'd prefer a separate link to whatever read-me html that I can open if I choose, instead of forcing me to open webpages.

Are there some kind of weird system requirements, because I always disable everything in ie? I have no idea why it doesn't work, but I wish people would just stick with 1.3.0.1, because we've ran out of episodes to play. All the new episodes are not backwards compatible.

Sorry if this comes off as a rant. I just miss playing smbx.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Can you specify what doesn't work and what your computer is like?
Jochel wrote:I wish people would just stick with 1.3.0.1, because we've ran out of episodes to play. All the new episodes are not backwards compatible.
Excuse me? If you can't access 2.0 for some reason, then I feel bad for you of course, but that doesn't take away the legitimacy of episodes not compatible with 1.3. It's always gonna happen with any build that someone will have trouble getting it. And for once there's plenty of old episodes (as in, 2015 and older) that take ages to play and discover, and for twice there's still a little stream of new episodes coming in.

2.0 and PGE especially are way more polished than 1.3.0.1, and they'll mark the future of the community essentially.

If you have any trouble downloading the game, the devs and others are gonna assist you for sure.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:41 pm

OMG! I got the error on my world file again! Take a look here: https://imgur.com/a/Zw0QB How do i resolve this?
EDIT: Looks like i'm going to have to try to recreate it from memory, shame though as i put quite a bit of effort into this map. Atleast none of my levels are corrupted.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
xDestroy wrote:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 pm

I got a bit carried away tonight... added 5 new npcs, easy HUD additions with splitscreen and all, deprecated leveltimer and replaced it with a new api and ironed out a few bugs. Good news: no need to use bullies for berries anymore (and they actually work, too! though i still gotta add automatic eating on collision....)
The observant watcher might notice that the timer speeds up at one point. Just a small fun thing (obviously optional) I added to the new timer API cause I figured some of you might wanna create a sense of chaos and panic in your levels.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Teemster2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Enjl wrote:I got a bit carried away tonight... added 5 new npcs, easy HUD additions with splitscreen and all, deprecated leveltimer and replaced it with a new api and ironed out a few bugs. Good news: no need to use bullies for berries anymore (and they actually work, too! though i still gotta add automatic eating on collision....)
The observant watcher might notice that the timer speeds up at one point. Just a small fun thing (obviously optional) I added to the new timer API cause I figured some of you might wanna create a sense of chaos and panic in your levels.
Well don't let us stop you. Feel free to get carried away tomorrow and create 5 more NPC's lol just kidding. You did a great job with these NPC's.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: World domination

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:22 am

Good job with this, the update gets each time more interesting
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

Goomba98
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby Goomba98 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Wow, that timer gets Super Mario Bros. Special levels of speed at the end.

Return to “Archives”